It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush authorized Torture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Dec 21 - Repeated references in an internal FBI email suggest that the president issued a special order to permit some of the more objectionable torture techniques used at Abu Ghraib and other US-run prison facilities around Iraq. The email was among a new batch of FBI documents revealed by civil rights advocates on Monday. Other documents describe the initiation of investigations into alleged incidents of torture and rape at detention facilities in Iraq.

The email, which was obtained by the American Civil Liberties Union, represents the first hard evidence directly connecting the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal and the White House. The author of the email, whose name is blanked out but whose title is described as "On Scene Commander -- Baghdad," contains ten explicit mentions of an "Executive Order" that the author said mandated US military personnel to engage in extraordinary interrogation tactics.

newstandardnews.net...

Wow, Bush is dead. Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So where is this email are we to take the ACLU on their word alone we all know they have no agenda

When I see this email on CNN or the BBC it will have some validity

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by krotzkrotz
Wow, Bush is dead.

After everything you think this is really going to bring him down? It will be buried or sidestepped like everything else assuming it is provable to begin with.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well if this report is as real as it may seem them all the feelings about this president and his political agenda and his self proclaim religous follower and compashioned views should be brough up and he should be judge by the american people that elected him in power.

That is the true face of you president, what do you think of him now?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There a lot more stuff on the subject, including military commanders obstructing investigations into abuse cases :

www.aclu.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
again... the aclu is not an unbiased news source. This isn't a news item until verifiable docs are presented by a group that isn't as extraordinarily anti-Bush as the aclu.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The pictures i seen from the prisons....what is so wrong about that? That has been employed for a vvery long time. It is how you "crack" a person. And supposedly these are war times, So i say torture is fair game.

I would authorize it, torture = knowledge, knowledge = power.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The American Civil Liberties Union is nothing more than a group of trouble makers out to destroy decency!

Members of the ACLU are the ones who need to be tortured!

BTW, the prisoners that are being tortured aren't even Americans! What has this group become? International now?

[edit on 21/12/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Goobers

You dont believe it because its not from the main stream media???

Perhaps a government official might come to your house and tell you themselves in person so you'll believe

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think the term "torture" has aquired one of those kneejerk hysterical responces in some anti war people.

From what I read it was mostly sleep deprivation, food and clothing deprivation, and other "mild" things.

This hardly amounts to torture as seen under Saddam, and others.

hysterical overreactions fueled by political ambitions and agendas.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It's what you DON'T read about practices approved for military interrogators and not for the FBI that you should concern yourself with more, and how that created conflict and confusion.

There is another whole topic on this at ATSNN.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I read over half the email documents & finally gave up. Most of them had so much cut out they could have just as easily been secret toll house cookie recipes. I was hoping there was something cut & dried for us to read, but instead it's more like a big puzzle subject to interpretation.

I didn't see any thing that said Bush on it or even mention Bush.

We are all pretty much aware of the torture they use to extract information from prisoners as it's been all over the media the past year.

So what's the purpose of this - are libs mad becasue they lost the election & now they must find some way to get rid of Bush before his term is finished?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
"The U.S. is committed to the worldwide elimination of torture and we are leading this fight by example. I call on all governments to join with the U.S. and the community of law abiding nations in prohibiting, investigating and prosecuting all acts of torture." - G.W. Bush, June 26, 2003

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

So what's the purpose of this - are libs mad becasue they lost the election & now they must find some way to get rid of Bush before his term is finished?

Sorry to burst you bubble but the FBI is the one that is "doing this in purpose"

All FBI most be libs, right?

[edit on 21-12-2004 by marg6043]

df1

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
The American Civil Liberties Union is nothing more than a group of trouble makers out to destroy decency!

Did you feel the same way when the ACLU defended Limbaughs civil liberties?

I suspect not.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sorry to be the one to say this, but....

There are those who watched the bodies jumping from the burning towers... there are those who heard about it later on... and there are those who have based all of their perceptions about 9-11 upon what some anti-government activist on their campus told them. My guess is that most people who watched the towers, and the bodies, as they fell realize that we do not live in the clean world that self-professed ethicists like to fantasize about. The end result: even if it turns out that Bush did authorize even brutal torture methods many americans won't care.

And guess what: They have the right not to care. People learn from experience and adapt. In the case of the USA... we learned that smiling at other countries and playing by make believe international laws doesn't keep us safe.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
BTW, the prisoners that are being tortured aren't even Americans! What has this group become? International now?

And why not? The United States military has made itself the world police, not defenders of the nation. That opened up the way for the rest of the country to become international agencies as well.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Frith]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The end result: even if it turns out that Bush did authorize even brutal torture methods many americans won't care.- onlyinmydreams

Mind control works. See how well?

[edit on 21-12-2004 by dgtempe]

df1

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
The end result: even if it turns out that Bush did authorize even brutal torture methods many americans won't care.

And guess what? I wouldn't care either, excepting for the fact that the people being killed in Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11. Unfortunately Bush has convinced the people through false intelligence and out right lies that Saddam and the Iraqi's were involved, despite the fact that all of the evidence demonstrates that this is false.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by df1]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

And guess what: They have the right not to care. People learn from experience and adapt. In the case of the USA... we learned that smiling at other countries and playing by make believe international laws doesn't keep us safe.

Let me ask you something, how informed are you of how 9/11 happened?

Did you blame the Iraqis for it.?

Iraqis did not had anything to do with 9/11, Iraqis never did anything to you or Americans to merit an invasion and abused in their country.

Iraqis became hostile to the US after the invasion of their country.

So remember who did 9/11, it was Al-qaida, mostly Saudi nationals and afghanistanis.

So the next time you remember 9/11 blame Bush for not getting bin-laden get your facts straight, the Iraqis victims of the prison scandal deserved that much.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join