It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With the amount of time I've wasted on ATS, I could have...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: intrepid

That's what I call dedicated. Or addicted. Nope, you're a super mod. Dedicated.

A little of column A and a little of column B.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I never considered ATS a waste of time...

Me neither, watching TV , playing video games going to the movies isn't really my thing I enjoy ats as a interactive entertainment. I can listen to music and read the papers and occasionally I might learn something

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
ATS has aided in my education. I get incentive to do research from this place.

ATS has saved me a lot of money, I would want to go do more things that would lead to purchasing more stuff to accomplish these things. I can see what is going on in other places and learn how people from other areas perceive things. I do not need to fly or travel there to learn.

A person does not need to go to college to learn. They do not need another degree to prove they are getting smarter, it is just a piece of paper. But you need to want to learn to learn without being instructed. Some people do not have that ability. I owned a business and did a lot of research without going to college to be able to run my business.

I have no need to learn another language, most people are learning english so let them learn my language.

When I am not on ATS I am studying or doing work around the house. Maybe others want to do more, that is their priviledge. I gave up at trying to improve my property, that is too expensive to keep dumping money into my house all the time. I have learned that my needs are important, I need to understand how others think and learn how to properly counteract their Ad Hominum tactics.

Nothing is a waste of time if you learn from it.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I like to contribute during learning and multitasking-completed some of those on the Op list over the years of being here. Would probably already completed a media plan in mind if started earlier on.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Or you could have died after your first post. So think your self lucky you've had the time to read and answer all those extra posts.
Always after the event we think "what if". It's gone so why cry over spilt milk.
I could have made myself a millionaire or not. I could have invented something that would have changed the world, but didn't. Hey ho.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
1) i Could have missed some info and interesting stuff, art and people that i wouldnt have gottern from my xbox.

2) an xbox.

3) done some extra paper work at work for zero gain

4) made my partner sick of my additional love

5) found a more dangerous and less rewarding hobby

6) joined a faith

7) ate more fast food

8) experimented with (insert taboo interest here)

9) found some of the 'news' sites on the web and not noticed how fake or bullshirt they are and go round talking crap to my freinds and look like an idiot

10) not created a list of other things i could have done and then ironically realized that while i was writing this my potatoes had boiled over....

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I might have got some work done. Now if only I didn't have to waste time working....

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Honestly, if I didn't spend all of the time I have on ATS,
I would of found some other forum to vent on.

Or maybe of gone fishing....

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I wasted alot of time here a few years ago, literally all of my spare time outside work and sometimes even at work. I was completely addicted, it had a negative effect on my life to say the least.
a chain of events happened which ended with me having a relationship break down, jobless, homeless and returning to the UK with just a small bag of clothes and a guitar.
part of the cause, among other things was the time I spent here. I made some major changes In which one was to take a break from here.. i stayed away completely for over a year.

almost 4 years on, I own and run a successful business, met the girl I am due to marry and had a baby. i also bought an amazing house just outside London.
I still check in daily to see what's going on in the world but don't post that often and rarely make any new threads.
I think it's about balance and personal circumstances, for me it's counter productive but for others may not be the case.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

lol at getting a life

Sounds terrible, personally
edit on 26-4-2015 by FaceMyBook because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

could have learned a dead language

learned 2 modern languages

mastered a martial art style or two

learned calculus

learned some programming language

taught my kid any of the above

gotten a bachelors degree, masters and even a doctorate

written several books

learned auto mechanics

become the world welterweight champion in boxing

this is depressing....lol

I dont regret it though, I learned other things. I dont know how much I could have figured out on my own, but the truth is definite'y in here somewhere

If I could quantify what I learned here in terms of a degree....I would say I have a bachelors and masters in a hobby education received here.

edit on 4 26 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I dont regret it though, I learned other things.

Yes.
Like which ufo pics/videos are either blurds, blugs or fake.... (all of them).
And,
Whether there was any truth to the 2012 Mayan end of the world prophecy.

I better stop, before someone else regrets it.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I didnt read those subject unless it was for humor.

UFO stories yes, videos, meh.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I could have got into a shed load of mischief if I hadn't spent so much time on here.

Believe me, there are persons who are very grateful that I found something to keep me amused and quiet

top topics

<< 1   >>

join