It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS spaceship....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
While watching the creation of new Q.M.2 ship on discovery a thought came to mind.Scince ATS was initially created by S.Gray our Godfather and Creator and the aim of the site being U.F.O. top secret projects uncovered,why don't we create a project of our own.
A Space ship that would be capable of carrying all the members of ATS.With all the knowledge that the ATS database has it should'nt be an impossible thing.We don't have to go too far with our imagination,meaning that we keep in mind the technology that's available Nowor within 20 years max.

This can be something we can 'All' work together on maybe even split in different teams just like on an Aircraft Carrier for example...We knoww more or less about anti gravitaional tech,propulsion,weaponary could be incororated too ofcourse not a battleship,it would be meant to save us all in the case of a treath of total inailation by global warming,3'rd World War,Meteor Impact ect.

Let's say we create a virtual spaceship with it's crew all having their own responsability,ex.The captain would be S.Gray,the rest would be set up firstly through a suggestion by the member himself where he or she think would be most best suited for,then ofcourse to prevent chaos the mods would have the last word.It has to be done this way for it to be well organized...There are plenty of technical people who could supply designs for the hull,communications,tactical,doctors and nurses off course,then there's the mess hall,maintenance the whole nine yards....We would design a costume to wear on duty create a virtual map of our milky way galaxy,plot our course to explore and do research on the area of the galaxy we would be in at the time ...it would be an ongoing project..but that's for later..
Now we'd have to start with the ship..right or am I dreaming..I mean can you imagine all these other sites who would envy us,it would make the SG-1 & StarTrek sites really pissed off if we could really create something of this magnitude,I'm even sure it would come on the news."Community on a web site creates virual spaceship"....

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
im down for it. count me in

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Im in too, but somehow i suspect there will be mutineers , we need strict rules and opressive thugs running around making sure drunk astronauts don't open air locks for fun.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
right um. well the rules will come before the "drunk astronauts" with the airlocks i hope

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm in. Put me incharge of something like weaponry or security. If not that can I be Director of Bacon Management Services.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
put me on security or something like that.

(i like the uniform he he
)

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'll be the ambassador to all the groovy people we meet, we should have guest quarters as well for any guys that wanna join the ride for a bit.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I like this thread but this is really Chit Chat material. "Aircraft Projects" is for REAL aircraft.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So who wants to be Spock or Mr. Sulu? I'll put my self in charge of the ships weaponry (for defense, and raiding the Slurm factory). Also can we have some huge room for parties and stuff?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There would be also virtual aleins and therefor need for security...I'm thinking of a real virtual Enterprise type of ship..It would need to be endorced by the mods let's face it the idea is to take everyone on board or atleast if they would take it up then we create a smaller one..for those who would put the work into the project..right..

First we'd have to do the research and come up with some basic designs,we need more people not to mention the computing power to make it fly through a whole galaxy...

I've come across a project that Zion made that's the kind of starting idea of the whole thing.We'd even need I would imagine The Chief's support and other super mods who can work on the otherside of our screens,deep in the seams...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I like this thread but this is really Chit Chat material. "Aircraft Projects" is for REAL aircraft.

I was'nt sure where to post it.I had this Idea in my head for a couple of days now,but i did'nt think it would be taken seriously,can you imagine if it was on the chit chat...maybe it could work better or maybe it kills it directly or turns it into a joke..However it's good to have the attention of a mod already....are you in Intrepid..?...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
i take this seriously. and i think it can really do good.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well just a few ideas, I think we should primarily use ion engines or something like that powered by either nuclear fission or fusion (when we harness it's power). I think that we should probably have a few chemical rockets just incase of emergancies (they accelerate faster than ion engines).

Also I think we should build it in space so that we don't have to worry about the power needed for liftoff. Then we should have some point defense lasers for anti-missile duties and shooting down other hostile objects. Then a few nuclear missiles might be nice for multipurpose use. And finally we'll need supplies for hostile enviroments in the event that we land on some planet.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
So who wants to be Spock or Mr. Sulu? I'll put my self in charge of the ships weaponry (for defense, and raiding the Slurm factory). Also can we have some huge room for parties and stuff?

The crew has To be Human..we have to keep it abit in the reality section otherwise it would become too complicated if we'd have to go into the language sector.Having said that I thought of even creating a universal lang..say like the one they have in the South African gold mines..deepest mine in the world ,Mponeng & Suvuka the lang is called Fenocolo...actually I thought of taking that responsability myself scince it seems that I have a natural talent for langs..I speak several..so with the aid of say another 2 or 3 we could cover atleast 12 languages...

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Horus_Re]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Well just a few ideas, I think we should primarily use ion engines or something like that powered by either nuclear fission or fusion (when we harness it's power). I think that we should probably have a few chemical rockets just incase of emergancies (they accelerate faster than ion engines).

Also I think we should build it in space so that we don't have to worry about the power needed for liftoff. Then we should have some point defense lasers for anti-missile duties and shooting down other hostile objects. Then a few nuclear missiles might be nice for multipurpose use. And finally we'll need supplies for hostile enviroments in the event that we land on some planet.

Well antigravitational power source is the essence of the whole ship...check this link out.....robocat.users.btopenworld.com......

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Odd

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I got my Astrogator's Degree at community college... but I'd rather be a janitor. It's far more glamorous.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Horus_Re]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I wanna be "Scotty" aka "beam me up Scotty" !

Can anyone find the wav file of groundskeeper willie as scotty in the startrek episode?

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You know what Instar..teleportaion ain't such a fictional thing anymore..How about you do some research on the matter,you might just learn something new..

Here I'll get you started...hehe...

Teleportation breakthrough made...[/b
Scientists have performed successful teleportation on atoms for the first time, the journal Nature reports. The feat was achieved by two teams of researchers working independently on the problem in the US and Austria. The ability to transfer key properties of one particle to another without using any physical link has until now only been achieved with laser light. Experts say being able to do the same with massive particles like atoms could lead to new superfast computers.
When physicists talk about "teleportation", they are describing the transfer of "quantum states" between separate atoms.
These would be such things as an atom's energy, motion, magnetic field and other physical properties. And in the computers of tomorrow, this information would form the qubits (the quantum form of the digital bits 1 and 0) of data processing through the machines.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Quantum Teleportation...
Teleportation is the name given by science fiction writers to the feat of making an object or person disintegrate in one place while a perfect replica appears somewhere else. How this is accomplished is usually not explained in detail, but the general idea seems to be that the original object is scanned in such a way as to extract all the information from it, then this information is transmitted to the receiving location and used to construct the replica, not necessarily from the actual material of the original, but perhaps from atoms of the same kinds, arranged in exactly the same pattern as the original. A teleportation machine would be like a fax machine, except that it would work on 3-dimensional objects as well as documents, it would produce an exact copy rather than an approximate facsimile, and it would destroy the original in the process of scanning it. A few science fiction writers consider teleporters that preserve the original, and the plot gets complicated when the original and teleported versions of the same person meet; but the more common kind of teleporter destroys the original, functioning as a super transportation device, not as a perfect replicator of souls and bodies.
www.research.ibm.com...

Is any of this going through your Brain....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join