It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archeologists found liquid mercury in my shorts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Okay, the news are all over the place... Pools of liquid mercury found in ancient burial places...
I know all the stories, yes,, but... what?

There even was a picture of a team playing with some rocks in the tunnels beneath Teotihuacan,(pretty close to the pools, maybe?)
what more do you need?
According to the team, they even lifted some artifacts straight from the pools...

I think its strange, that when these kind of remarkable discoveries are made, there are lots of pictures that show exactly how, and where these
artifacts where found, i would think that its important, to document every single step of the process, apparently not this time...

Imagine how cool the pictures would be? (now imagine a drum roll) ...as sergio slowly lifts the jade statue from the mercury!
Totally Awesome! Right? Oh my god!! its like straight from a science fiction movie!!!!!

But no. nothing, nada, oya, nangwa, nyet.

I am not saying that they did not have mercury, they probably where smarter and more advanced than we are, thats my opinion,
nothing more, just an opinion..

Why there are no pictures of the liquid pools of mercury??

Just post a picture, and shut me up already!

Rant over.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

I have felt the same way about all the ancient mercury pools.

In this day and age you would think we would have high def video of the whole process.

We don't even have pictures.

Maybe it doesn't fit in with main stream archeology?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

The strange thing is, that the news actually come from the main stream archeology...

Its weird, that this bothers me so much..

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Someone lifted up a statue from a pool of mercury?

At my college's lab we were told that mercury is very dangerous. People can even die by touching it. Breathing mercury vapor is also dangerous.

Now I wonder what kind of gloves we can wear to safely touch mercury?
edit on 26-4-2015 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: danielsil18

And what other gear they had with them? gas masks? Hazmat suits?
No, just a T-shirt is totally fine..

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve
Okay, the news are all over the place... Pools of liquid mercury found in ancient burial places...
I know all the stories, yes,, but... what?

There even was a picture of a team playing with some rocks in the tunnels beneath Teotihuacan,(pretty close to the pools, maybe?)
what more do you need?
According to the team, they even lifted some artifacts straight from the pools...

I think its strange, that when these kind of remarkable discoveries are made, there are lots of pictures that show exactly how, and where these
artifacts where found, i would think that its important, to document every single step of the process, apparently not this time...

Imagine how cool the pictures would be? (now imagine a drum roll) ...as sergio slowly lifts the jade statue from the mercury!
Totally Awesome! Right? Oh my god!! its like straight from a science fiction movie!!!!!

But no. nothing, nada, oya, nangwa, nyet.

I am not saying that they did not have mercury, they probably where smarter and more advanced than we are, thats my opinion,
nothing more, just an opinion..

Why there are no pictures of the liquid pools of mercury??

Just post a picture, and shut me up already!

Rant over.

This is one of those moments when the term "pool" is ambiguous at best. Mercury will pool together in any amount. I have a feeling the over sensationalized pooled mercury is the size of a thumbnail.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: danielsil18

At my college's lab we were told that mercury is very dangerous. People can die by even touching it. Breathing mercury vapors is also dangerous.

Now I wonder what kind of gloves we can wear to safely touch mercury.

My dad was an electrician at a GM plant. He used to bring it home in canning jars. I thought it was awesome to play with.

He would give me a few drops on a tray and I would roll it around, get it to separate and then re join.

When he wasn't watching I would 'palm' it or push it around with my finger.

This was late 60's early 70's, I was like 7 or 8. It didn't kill me, but maybe it explains my alternative view point and addiction to ATS

Sorry if off topic.

Solve, I agree, something is odd about the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

It didn't kill you, but I'm not sure if it affected you in another way.

Read the link below, I guess you are those people that lived to tell the tale, or maybe you just thought it was mercury?

link

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
You can touch liquid mercury, you can eat it, inhaling mercury will damage your brain and make you crazy over time, mercury salts will kill you in less quantities.

That is why the dentist and nurses are all crazy in horror movies, dentist use mercury for amalgams and inhale it over the years, nurses work in hospitals where mercury thermometer are broken all the time and the mercury is not properly cleaned.

mercury evaporates at 0.056 mg/h.cm² at 20ºC so a gram per square centimeter takes 2 years to evaporate, mercury is really dense, a small pool would be several kilograms so in theory a pool could last millennia, a glass of mercury would be 4kg so “large quantities” could be 10ml
not enough for a cool picture

Anyways it seems they don't use shirts...

Slowly working their way down the broad, dark and deep corridor beneath the pyramid, battling humidity and now obliged to wear protective gear against the dangers of mercury poisoning, Gómez and his team are meticulously exploring the three chambers.

www.theguardian.com...

If you see a picture of some dude working a dig you may at least see if the dig is the one in question.
edit on 26-4-2015 by Indigent because: square not cubic, surface are is what matters

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I got a question about the formula 0.056 mg/h.cm². What's h?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

hour

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

At least they are wearing protective helmets...

But seriously, no one has presented even a single droplet of mercury..

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Maybe they used it like they do today to refine gold?

That would be a precious secret back then. If they are finding it in the treasure trove of the ruling elites…

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I am so glad someone did the work for me; as the OP really nailed it. My thoughts exactly.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Mercury is pretty hard to fake.

And I am sure I have brain damage, I voted for Bush twice.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Good opinion... (see my pun, haha)

But as far as i`m concerned, i call BS on this liquid mercury hoax.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

At my college's lab we were told that mercury is very dangerous. People can die by even touching it. Breathing mercury vapors is also dangerous.

My dad was an electrician at a GM plant. He used to bring it home in canning jars. I thought it was awesome to play with.

He would give me a few drops on a tray and I would roll it around, get it to separate and then re join.

This was late 60's early 70's, I was like 7 or 8. It didn't kill me, but maybe it explains my alternative view point and addiction to ATS

Sorry if off topic.

My dad was a dentist and I too played with it back in the 60s and 70s. It wasn't a dangerous substance then

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: stosh64

Sorry if off topic.

My dad was a dentist and I too played with it back in the 60s and 70s. It wasn't a dangerous substance then

I know....right? It was no big deal.

Although now I find myself relating to this guy and have to wonder about it.

Caution! Strong language!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Not sure how it relates, but got a chuckle out of it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join