It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

36,000 baseball fans penned in the stadium in Baltimore as Freddie Gray protests turned violent

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
The Baltimore inner harbor is a pretty cool urban area. I used to visit and occasionally take in a game at Camden Yards fifteen or twenty years ago. But at that time you could wind up in some pretty scary landscapes pretty quick if you took a wrong turn. Don't know what it's like now.

It's been completely rebuilt. The whole surrounding area all the way to the Canton railroad tracks has been upscaled and isn't too bad. You'd have to wonder a bit far to find a bad neighborhood if you started at the Inner Harbor.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Bilk22
a reply to: Anyafaj

Majority of the troublemakers were not from Baltimore. They were bussed in which tells you something - it is part of the grand plan. It's all staged. Same goes for Ferguson. Many of the troublemakers were not from Ferguson. See it for what it is.

How do you know this? Where is your evidence for these claims?

I happen to live in Baltimore by the way.

Bingo. When someone in authority says troublemakers were not from there, how do they know? All big cities have violent inhabitants. I'm in Philly and the new pastime here are kids beating up people waiting for the subway at 2:00 in the afternoon when school lets out. The thugs here are starting younger and younger displaying violent tendencies. I don't want to hear it's lack of education since these are students gone wild. I think it's just a thug cultural thing. I admit that sounds racist and bigoted, then so be it. But I'm an equal opportunity offender. Uneducated, lazy, white trailer trash piss me off too.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The way these "protestors" act is the exact reason why the black community is policed the way it is.

Until the black community no longer accepts the actions of these parasites of society there will be no change.

Inner city thug culture is the scourge and adds absolutely nothing of value to society.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
One video clip I watched had a young man standing on a car, he appeared to be exhorting others to violence.... but I admit I did not have the sound on while I watched.

What stood out for me was the way that the man was dressed, which was quite different than the rest of the rioters. He had jeans on that were not 2 sizes larger than he would fit, his pants were pulled up above his butt cheeks and were secured by a wide leather belt. He was not, like most others there were, wearing sneakers. He was wearing boots (the redneck term would be '#kickers').

I know there may be nothing to it, but the way he stood out, I was wondering if he might be a government sponsored 'outside troublemaker'?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I agree. It's dumb to think that Baltimore doesn't have tons of disenfranchised youth that would be willing to riot given the opportunity.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Majority of the troublemakers were not from Baltimore. They were bussed in which tells you something - it is part of the grand plan. It's all staged. Same goes for Ferguson. Many of the troublemakers were not from Ferguson. See it for what it is.

Bingo. When someone in authority says troublemakers were not from there, how do they know? All big cities have violent inhabitants. I'm in Philly and the new pastime here are kids beating up people waiting for the subway at 2:00 in the afternoon when school lets out. The thugs here are starting younger and younger displaying violent tendencies. I don't want to hear it's lack of education since these are students gone wild. I think it's just a thug cultural thing. I admit that sounds racist and bigoted, then so be it. But I'm an equal opportunity offender. Uneducated, lazy, white trailer trash piss me off too.

My eldest daughter attends Temple University (Tyler School of Art). She always has horror stories of what goes on down there, outside of campus. A female student had her face smashed in with a brick by thugs after they punched out her boyfriend.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
How many blacks to do you know buy tickets to go watch a baseball game?

the majority of baseball fans are white.

So why do you think they didn't let those 36,000 out again?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

My eldest daughter attends Temple University (Tyler School of Art). She always has horror stories of what goes on down there, outside of campus. A female student had her face smashed in with a brick by thugs after they punched out her boyfriend.

As you allude to, Temple U is safe as long as you don't stray three blocks off the surrounding campus. I've gone to a few basketball games at the Liacouras Center, but I have my head on a swivel walking to the parking garage after the game.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hotel1

There's not a lot of info yet... which is exactly the amount of information needed to riot.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Because racist trash outside of the stadium might have attacked them and police are ultimately pretty useless at preventing crime?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

This is just racist as hell. As someone who has gone to quite a few Orioles games, I can tell you that plenty of black people go to the games.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

This is just racist as hell. As someone who has gone to quite a few Orioles games, I can tell you that plenty of black people go to the games.

Not to stray off topic but Camden Yards is one of the best places to watch a game. Yes, I'm from Philly and should be a Phillies fan, but have been a lifelong Yankees fan for which I get a lot of grief. I saw a NYY vs BAL game down there and it was great, and yes there were lots of black fans.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Not to stray off topic but Camden Yards is one of the best places to watch a game. Yes, I'm from Philly and should be a Phillies fan, but have been a lifelong Yankees fan for which I get a lot of grief. I saw a NYY vs BAL game down there and it was great, and yes there were lots of black fans.

I used to live in Philly myself. I'm not much of a Phillies fan, but I really like the Eagles as my number 2 football team.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I read it in a few news reports. Don't have the links at this point. Guess you can Google that to see if I was telling the facts of the story or not.

Maryland Dem: Baltimore rioters 'mainly from out of town'
edit on 78957Mondayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

I agree. It's dumb to think that Baltimore doesn't have tons of disenfranchised youth that would be willing to riot given the opportunity.

How are they "disenfranchised"? Do you know what "disenfranchised" means?
edit on 78754Mondayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

To deprive some of their legal rights (usually the right to vote). I'd think that institutionalized racism is a good example of disenfranchisement.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I read it in a few news reports. Don't have the links at this point. Guess you can Google that to see if I was telling the facts of the story or not.

Maryland Dem: Baltimore rioters 'mainly from out of town'

That just says that many were from out of town. It said nothing about busing them in. To me that reads like a bunch of people from surrounding towns came in to protest then got violent (probably because they have no stake in the city).

Though I wonder how they knew they were from out of town to begin with. Baltimore may not be the biggest city in the country, but it is fairly hard to have a good idea of who is local and who is from out of town. That's for sure.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Institutionalized racism lol. What a complete load of crap.

They haven't been on the receiving end of that for at least the last 2 decades.

edit on 27-4-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

Wait what?

I'll prove to you that institutionalized racism still exists.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: MoreBeer

Wait what?

I'll prove to you that institutionalized racism still exists.

~Tenth
How many were repeat offenders and received a harsher sentence as a result? Statistics can mean anything you want them to mean and are usually cited when they fit an argument and ignored when they don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join