It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

36,000 baseball fans penned in the stadium in Baltimore as Freddie Gray protests turned violent

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

LOL, correct. "Redneck" isn't a very good term. "Longshoreman" maybe?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Thill

The photos clearly show those who are destroying something are smiling and laughing, having a great ol' time. They don't seem to be angry at anything. Except probably people who actually have an education, a job, and an income.

The people who are protesting probably have a good case and the peaceful protests do one heck of a lot more good than destroying cars and store windows. The thugs feel empowered by the Presidential Administration who have trained them to not respect the police, that they are entitled to free everything, and unless they get violent the republicans are going to make them slaves again. Yeah, that is going to happen.

The criminals who feel the need to break things and cause violence in the name of social protests are funny to me. They feel like they should have reparations for slavery which ended 150 years ago. Really? They would not last ten minutes doing the kind of work the slaves did. They wouldn't last ten minutes de-tasseling corn. And yet they feel entitled to benefit for the sacrifices the people who were sold into slavery 200 hundred years ago were forced to make. And by the way, they won't even consider that many of the slave traders were black africans. In fact most of them were. And by the way, slavery STILL EXISTS in Africa, run by Black Africans. Why do they not protest THAT? The answer of course is easy....they can't blame that on whites and use it to try to make excuses for their own significant shortfalls.

The idea of being a poor oppressed African American is an industry for many in this country. The cry of racism for every problem that an individual or group cannot overcome is an insult to those who truly are experiencing real racism. And President Obama is the leader of that cause. He has done more harm to the African Americans in this country than any American in history. There are people who really suffer from racism but after six years of the Obama Administration it has gotten difficult to differentiate between real and political racism. So, it is hard to take anyone serious unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Majority of the troublemakers were not from Baltimore. They were bussed in which tells you something - it is part of the grand plan. It's all staged. Same goes for Ferguson. Many of the troublemakers were not from Ferguson. See it for what it is.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Sure it is, who said it isn't besides you?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: yuppa

Where does it say that life is not a god given right in the constitution?

No one can take your rights away, they are intrinsic to you. The only way to get rid of them is to willingly give them up of your own accord.

When you trample the rights of another (theft or damaging property) you are giving your consent, by your actions, to the relinquishment of your rights to the one whose rights you have injured.

Hence why defending your property with lethal force is moral.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Sure it is, who said it isn't besides you?

I say it is racism.

But the average white person believes it is not racism because blacks don't have power, so it is not racism. Only whites are racist, didn't you know that?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

No that is just some bs that some people like to spew.
Wouldn't say the average white person agrees with what you said either.
Racism is racism, everyone can be racist.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

No that is just some bs that some people like to spew.
Wouldn't say the average white person agrees with what you said either.
Racism is racism, everyone can be racist.

Then you haven't seen much of what is happening on college campuses right now

I am the average white American.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

So am I and I don't share the view.

Also I think you just need to listen to new people that are saying what is happening on those campuses.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
a reply to: Rocker2013

Human life always trumps property

No.

Yes.

You can disagree all you like, but you are wrong.
International Human Rights laws, of which the USA is a part, fundamentally state that Human life is more important than any property.

Again, you can refuse that all you like, it doesn't change the reality.

Our constitution trumphs those laws when its in our own country.

Even if your constitution stated that it's okay to end a life over property (and BTW, it doesn't) this would be nullified by international Human Rights laws.

According to our constitution NO international law does NOT over ride it at any time UNLESS it has to do with a INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT THAT WE AGREED TO IN A RATIFIED TREATY.Screw international law.

Also when you violate someone elses rights yours are nullified. Its why people get arrested. Yes it dont specifically SAY you can kill someone over property but you CAN WHEN SOMEONE IS A DANGER TO OTHERS. ACCORDING TO THE SUPREME COURT. You missed that stipulation apparently. The RIOTERS were a DANGER to NON RIOTERS, The property is not important but their actions while destroying it IS.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Maybe we need to riot...maybe we need to purge ourselves that way...

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If the people who know and love that man aren't willing to kick some ass to get some answers, no one else will be. And we all will suffer the erosion of liberty because of it.

Are you saying that the collective violence of large mobs of uneducated people are a good idea?

The Civil Rights movement was successful because of one thing. Non-aggression, non-violence. They had plenty of scores they could have settled with the city, and lord knows they wanted to, but it was understood that violence only begets more violence, and striking back against injustice would make them unjust as well.

If we aren't going to ask why the violent tendency is so prominent in our uneducated poor, what can we do to compassionately solve these problems, then we can't really be honest with ourselves and conduct ourselves in the mode of truth and determination.
edit on 27-4-2015 by Boomorangatangarang because: wordly enhancement

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The mayor of Baltimore has come out and said that the violent 'protestors' were given space by the authorities to do what they did. It is called vandalism and looting, madam.
The Daily Caller

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The Baltimore inner harbor is a pretty cool urban area. I used to visit and occasionally take in a game at Camden Yards fifteen or twenty years ago. But at that time you could wind up in some pretty scary landscapes pretty quick if you took a wrong turn. Don't know what it's like now.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

And lets not ignore the fact that when a few thousand white sports fans destroy a chunk of a city it rarely gets a mention, but one black man in a crowd of two thousand breaks a car window and suddenly all those white folks are calling for the National Guard.

All sports fans are white ???

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
arrest the idiots breaking windows. not the peaceful protestors.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

So am I and I don't share the view.

Also I think you just need to listen to new people that are saying what is happening on those campuses.

When I end a statement with...right? means that I am being sarcastic.

I know it is racism and I know racism is found in all races.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Then we wonder why the government is supposedly preparing for riot control and Martial Law, after watching this display I can't blame them. It's a shame that the black thug culture will never progress beyond the only way they know how to handle adversity and injustice - by destroying and looting property of people and injuring those who had nothing to do with the cops killing the victim.
edit on 27-4-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomorangatangarang

The Civil Rights movement was a movement against society, against culture. The entire 60's can be defined as a clash of cultures, or a cultural war.

What we are seeing in Baltimore, and Ferguson, is a movement against government. Do I think they should be smashing in windows? Nope. Sure don't. That isn't what they are rioting about.. Shop owners aren't their target, authority is.

With that said, I would far rather see something instead of nothing. When the police kill innocent people, and don't end up in prison over it....something has to be done. In a city with a large urban area, with people who presumably are not educated and attend school intermittently if at all, what do you expect? Do you expect logical, well though, reasoned responses?

Perhaps if the law recognized this, and acted with restraint, there would be less reason to riot. Something has to give. And I have to presume that all those rioters, if given their preference, would rather not have their friends and family killed by the police, and would rather stay at home instead of spend all that time and energy breaking stuff. Obviously there are trouble makers in any group.

As a side note: the fact that the government has been caught time and time again placing agents provocateur in these types of situations to further incite doesn't really make me feel any better about the whole situation. And really makes me want to point the finger of blame at government for all the BS they pull.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Majority of the troublemakers were not from Baltimore. They were bussed in which tells you something - it is part of the grand plan. It's all staged. Same goes for Ferguson. Many of the troublemakers were not from Ferguson. See it for what it is.

How do you know this? Where is your evidence for these claims?

I happen to live in Baltimore by the way.
edit on 27-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The mayor of Baltimore has come out and said that the violent 'protestors' were given space by the authorities to do what they did. It is called vandalism and looting, madam.
The Daily Caller

If that's the case, I would sue the city of Baltimore for damage to my property since she's admitted for letting it happen. And she should be fired also. Her job is to serve ALL the citizens of her city, not just the violent black protesters.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join