It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

36,000 baseball fans penned in the stadium in Baltimore as Freddie Gray protests turned violent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I agree the looting needs to be stopped, mass protest, block streets, refuse to move but don't destroy property.

I don't get how people can just say let's just kill them tho.

edit on thSun, 26 Apr 2015 12:30:34 -0500America/Chicago420153480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
When the revolution makes a complete loop and comes home to roost. then what? When the fighting is in our neighborhoods, in our alleys, in our suburban streets, in our city streets, then what?

The military is practicing and preparing, then what?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The French Revolution could never happen in modern times (if it happened at all)

Well, I guess it could happen but I wouldn't place my bet on red twice in a row.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

Did the system tell him to run ?

Did the cop tell him not to? More on that story later - when we hear the version of that stop that suddenly makes sense

Here's the version I've heard: Cop made eye contact with Freddie - Freddie runs... Bad, bad Freddie

Golly - I wonder what Mr. Gray's version of that story might be. We'll never know

6 cops later his spine is severed. Because: eye contact/running/knife

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Man, it's going to get worse as long as the police keep murdering people as they did here..they meant to hurt him, did so and denied medical attention.. WTF..no different than any criminal violent act resulting in death. Rioting is just bound to happen..Stevie Wonder could see it coming. I don't like seeing rioting and violence but being pacifist is not exactly working out either.
What is the f'n solution?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hotel1

I never suggested he deserved to die, I just wanted to know the whole story.

I didn't say you did. I was just clarifying that no matter what, he got shafted by the system in the end.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

I didn't say you did. I was just clarifying that no matter what, he got shafted by the system in the end.

Of course, no offence meant. The original reason I participated in the thread was for clarity as it was difficult to find a summary of the entire affair.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I agree the looting needs to be stopped, mass protest, block streets, refuse to move but don't destroy property.

I don't get how people can just say let's just kill them tho.

You are right. We can't kill people for looting. Everyone has a right to trial and shooting them during the commission of a crime (a crime that is not threatening someone's life) bypasses that.
I understand that the authorities have their hands full during cases of civil disobedience, but when it turns into cases of looting and arson, I think the National Guard needs to be called in to get that aspect under control.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Ban them for life.

It is a bad look for the game and it paints the sport in a bad way-as a former player and an official this is poor form. There is a time and a place for debates and this behavior should not tolerated within or without the field.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The world would be a better place if we banned the sports entertainment industrial complex.

Fact.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Huh?..did I miss something, ban who? Am I wrong that a riot broke out outside a baseball stadium and people were asked to stay for their saftey?
You got a star for that too..lmao???

edit on 26-4-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

Of course, no offence meant. The original reason I participated in the thread was for clarity as it was difficult to find a summary of the entire affair.

I think that's part of the rioting. This whole mess quite literally makes no sense! Here was a healthy adult male one minute, and he couldn't talk and breathe the next, and by the next week he was dead, and it had cops written all over it. A lot of it was there fault for not putting him in the wagon in a damn seatbelt. Of all stupid things, because they wanted to "nickel" ride him, as it was called back in the day. It was where you could beat a suspect using the car and the fist.

Ever heard of a "Nickel Ride"?

A somewhat common practice conducted by Philadelphia police was the 'nickle ride', placing a prisoner in the back of a 'paddy' wagon, then accelerating hard, decelerating hard, taking corners sharply, etc. The goal was to tumble the suspect about the vehicle. I've embedded an image of a wagon similar to what is in use in Philadelphia and likely in Baltimore.

After several high profile and expensive cases of broken necks, the city managed to halt the practice.

Mister James McKenna suffered from three broken vertebra in his neck from such a practice and the case cost Philadelphia nearly half a million dollars.

Sounds very familiar, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Anyafaj

Ban them for life.

It is a bad look for the game and it paints the sport in a bad way-as a former player and an official this is poor form. There is a time and a place for debates and this behavior should not tolerated within or without the field.

Ban who for life? The fans were stuck in the stadium waiting for the protesters to calm down so they could leave. They weren't a part of it. They were locked up in the stadium.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FaceMyBook

The world would be a better place if we banned the sports entertainment industrial complex.

Fact.

The game just happened to be going on that night. The people were trapped in the stadium thanks to the protestors. How is it fair to ban sports because idiots decided to get violent on THAT particular night. I'm willing to bet the protestors timed it perfectly that night.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Huh?..did I miss something, ban who? Am I wrong that a riot broke out outside a baseball stadium and people were asked to stay for their saftey?

No, not wrong. Reading comprehension is a difficult thing for some.

link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Either ignored or put down, as seen in the OWS days. MSM pushing agendas for the money that owns them. Whores they are.

link   

Huh?..did I miss something, ban who?

Ban the fans who engage in violence within the vicinity of a sporting arena. There is a no tolerance policy around the globe in many sports.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Huh?..did I miss something, ban who?

Ban the fans who engage in violence within the vicinity of a sporting arena. There is a no tolerance policy around the globe in many sports.

Again, the fans were trapped in the stadium. I present this as evidence.

Please read the sign INSIDE the stadium shown to fans who were about to leave and go home AFTER the game.
edit on 4/26/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I wasn't aware any fans were involved? but would you agree letting the crowd out of a just finished baseball game , in to a riot is a bad idea. I would agree some would of got caught up in it.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You got a star for that too..lmao???

If flags and stars were candy bars...

If you have ever officiated or participated in a sport you would understand how volatile fans can get. Granted the protesters cannot be given a free pass but in my experience it's the fans that are the repeat offenders and i'm surprised that they are the victims in this occurrence.

edit on 26-4-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join