It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin has an annual Q&A for hours, Obama puts on a comedy show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yeah I mean the nerve of Satan, I mean the President to start this new thing called the Correspondents Dinner while the mighty savior of the planet Putin was grilled for 4 hours.

Oh wait, Satan didn't start it as the first dinner took place in 1920 and 15 Presidents have attended it since then.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Had Russia been doing their "ask me anything" q&a since 1920? Lulz. Doubt it.

Isn't it about quality, not quantity?

p.s where's that other thread?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
How many are on a slow train ride to Siberia for wanting to ask the wrong questions?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

The OP is comparing a dinner party to a Q&A session. They're not even in the same ballpark for comparison.

Putin put out a picture of shirtless riding a horse while whatever leader of whatever country was handling a problem. Clearly, whatever leader of whatever country is a better leader because they were handling a problem while Putin was playing horsey topless, right? Totally fair comparison right?

As for the "other thread" you asked for: look at the OPs thread history.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MensaIT3

Do you not have a pattern of simply the old European families with the money to pay for their elections getting in. Suddenly the net wakes people up to this corruption and a black man is put in to attract the black vote etc. I see you have another Bush rearing his head with obviously the funds to get him in, so they must be getting cocky again about their chances.

From this side of the pond though I would be gobsmacked with a feather were tony blair who lied over WMD to the Brits likely to go for election ever again here. Doesn'[t it get you though that we are being told they are all 'family - though how that stretches to Obama I don't see e.g. Bush is a cousin of the Queen of England and likely the Queen of the Netherlands. Its almost incestuous IMHO.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I watched it and was embarrassed to have that man as the leader of my country. He ripped CNN and their reaction was not one of laughter. His "white" comments were inappropriate. Michelle did her best to not look like a man. I could care less if she is.

It was painful to watch and I've gone thru root canals that were more humorous.:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Definite sense of humour by pass on your part then

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Not sure what you're saying but no worries.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Everyone knows Obama is a # head. His time in office can't come to an end fast enough for the country to rebound.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Would that be because you're a republican perchance?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meduzi

Would that be because you're a republican perchance?

Nope. I don't cater to either party. I would love an independent to run this nation but we both know that's never going to happen.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

Nice pointer, thanks. I've just watched it. Hilarious! I get the impression though that GW didn't actually understand much of it, as it appeared that he was having some of it explained to him!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Fair comment.

It seems that the long-standing bi-party problem is changing here in the UK. We currently have a coalition, and it's certainly worked well, even if the party heads despise each other. Better they turn on themselves, than turn on us. Now it's looking like we'll soon have a new coalition. Before this, it was all, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right... like a bleedin' marching band.

I like Obama for trying to end the nightmare of foreign intervention (often based on poor/no intelligence) as inevitably, the UK becomes sucked in. We're less safe now as a result of that knee-jerk adventurism.

A good US independent is so unlikely, as you state. I'll assume that it's greatly due to the vast amount of money needed to support a campaign, let along the war that the Rep/Dem parties would have bestowed upon them.

I quite liked Ross Perot. He was short and boring, but knew exactly what he was talking about. He certainly had the economic crises pegged. I remember his boards and charts, explaining how tenuous the financial system was. He must have spent a fortune on that campaign.

edit on 26-4-2015 by Meduzi because:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meduzi

Fair comment.

It seems that the long-standing bi-party problem is changing here in the UK. We currently have a coalition, and it's certainly worked well, even if the party heads despise each other. Better they turn on themselves, than turn on us. Now it's looking like we'll soon have a new coalition. Before this, it was all, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right... like a bleedin' marching band.

I like Obama for trying to end the nightmare of foreign intervention (often based on poor/no intelligence) as inevitably, the UK becomes sucked in. We're less safe now as a result of that knee-jerk adventurism.

A good US independent is so unlikely, as you state. I'll assume that it's greatly due to the vast amount of money needed to support a campaign, let along the war that the Rep/Dem parties would have bestowed upon them.

I quite liked Ross Perot. He was short and boring, but knew exactly what he was talking about. He certainly had the economic crises pegged. I remember his boards and charts, explaining how tenuous the financial system was. He must have spent a fortune on that campaign.

The message is lost in bipartisanship. They even fight within their own party. The go along to get along route is killing the nation. Maybe they need to get in touch with the people they represent a little more.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I find that nine times out of ten what people percieve to be clear-cut actually isn't.

Some people simply never take the time to look past their own noses.

Why should they whenm really it's all with-in their skull, to start with.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I watched Obama's comedy and it was FUNNY!
I don't even like Obama, but it was well worth it just for this:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You act as if it was all something else but a show to begin with, I mean you people seem to take this politic show so super cereal. But really! Yes I see your point. Yes your right. They should do both, have a 4 hour question session and then a comedy session. And maybe in between acts they can have a juggling competition or something.

But no seriously. So super cereal. Its just TV, the things you see on TV are make-believe, you know! Play pretend, the things on TV are there because precisely that is how the world is not, selling images, both personal and on a mass scale.

Besides they all know each other in those circles, wouldn't surprise me if Obama had business deals with Putin or others especially on the world stage and in crazy money bussiness everybody pretty much rubs hands with everybody. Its a practicale whole sale...Sale.

I mean here even in this Russia has talent Putin was singing and playing the piano, and look who is in the crowd? Kurt Russel of all people and his wife that actress, that french actor who is kind of famous, Kevin Costner, even the guy who owned that basketball team and got sued for being racist by his girlfriend and lost a few million dollars on it, and a few bankers I think and other various business and rich people.

But yes your right Obama should do a 4 hour grill sketch as well, then maybe have a cameo from snoop dog and Larry Silverstein, I heard he made a killing a few years ago on the insurance on those buildings he owned, forgot what those buildings were called but they were pretty popular for a bit a few years ago. Oh and maybe a few others should be there you know just for the #z and gigglez. But ya man, you got to admit Putin can sure sing and play a mean piano right?

Oh ya dude! just incase you have not noticed. Its all a show, always has been. It just happens that people take this type of shows pretty dam super serious.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I read a number of posts in the thread a few threads back about the coincidence (or otherwise) operation of CERN and the earthquakes in the Himalayas and also in this tread. There certainly seems to be a large number people posting comments of a sort that certainly gives me the impression that many people posting in these threads are paid persons. There posts certainly seem to fit the description of ...... whats that term I'm trying to think of???

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Cheese?

I'll admit, I haven't fully researched my reply.

edit on 27-4-2015 by Meduzi because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join