It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Be Yourself?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Is it? Crap then I better be careful not to get found out...

lol

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

You have social anxiety. You can get it treated via medication or you can try caring less about what people think of you and just accepting that some people will like you and some people won't. Harsh reality, but it is what it is.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You are extremely better off pushing people away by being your full self than by only ever being half of yourself.
edit on 26-4-2015 by FaceMyBook because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The cold hard truth is: If People see something in you that they like, then they will accept you for that. And, you will behave differently depending on the people you are with.

For example, how I behave with my fellow musicians is highly different than how I behave here on ATS; and how I behave at work is extremely different than how I present myself here at ATS.

If you want to look at it from a dating standpoint - I actually found that it is better to go out on a date in your "element", as it will show the person what you really are like. For example, if you are highly into music, you'd invite them to a concert in a genre you like. If you love nature, head out to a local park. Not a fan of huge parties? Invite them to a "one on one" coffee date.

Also, remember - you don't normally go around broadcasting your biggest secrets to people, so don't be afraid to show your positives, and gradually, as you become comfortable with the person or persons, they may see and accept your faults as well.

For me, the only time I am truly "myself" is if I am alone, or in a group of people that don't even know me.

-foss

top topics

<< 1   >>

join