It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for all of you artists/ painters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hello, ATS. I once again seek your wisdom on something that I'm too lazy to search for myself.
I'm painting miniatures for a war game/RPG game and ran out of flesh (peach) colored paint. I can't really get out and get more. What color combinations are needed to make that peach color?
I have orange, a few shades of red, a few shades of yellow, pink, and white. Can I make it from those colors? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hi Skid, add white to your pink to make a very light pink then add a very very small amount of yellow to the pink and that will give you a peach shade. You can play around with that combination till you get just what you're looking for.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2manyholes
Hi Skid, add white to your pink to make a very light pink then add a very very small amount of yellow to the pink and that will give you a peach shade. You can play around with that combination till you get just what you're looking for.

This, or the orange. You are essentially doing the same thing with either color.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

Thanks for commenting. I'll try that out.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Toromos

Thanks for the link. I bookmarked it for future reference. I never thought about using green. That's interesting.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This, or the orange.

I thought orange would work but wasn't sure. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thanks for all of the useful comments. This is why I love ATS. The members here are great and are happy to share their knowledge and experience with others. You all rock!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

you should put up a thread (or share the link if you already have) in the Member Art forum. In my past i have painted my fair share of little pewter warhammer pieces.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'll do that when I'm done. I have a lot to do still.

ETA: It's always nice to meet a fellow gamer.
edit on 25-4-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

LOL....i found my old D&D dice set. Somehow, from there they ended up in the door of my truck. My son found them a few weeks ago and asked what they were for. When i told him, he muttered "nerd" under his breath.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Oh, man. Kids. Nerds are cool people lol. I think he'd change his tune if he actually sat in for a game.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
White,red, yellow with a touch of green will get you there. You need the green to kill the red or if you had blue you can mix that with yellow to make your green. You can make every color and color shade with red, yellow, blue, white and black. If you look at a color and it looks to yellow, simply combine the other two primary colors which would be a combination of red and blue in order to make violet/purple, purple would be the secondary color that kills the primary color yellow. I'm sure there's some Primary and Secondary color wheels/charts online that may also help you.
edit on 25-4-2015 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2015 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
To do most my flesh tones in oil paint i use titanium white mixed with some med cadnium yellow, a touch of alizarin crimson. If you want a more olive complexion you add a smidge of sap green, maybe a touch of burnt umber.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Green and red are complementary colors, so when mixed together, they give you a neutral greyish-brown tone (if generally mixed with equal amounts). Just sayin'...that's why you would add a bit of green. People generally make flesh tones too warm when they need to be more neutral.

new topics

top topics

join