It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Awesome Inventions That Aren't Actually Available...Yet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Those are a bunch of silly gadgets.

Graphene is the most exciting new thing at the moment. The future potential of that material is mind-blowingly limitless.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

cheers mate

Transferring our human ability to think would be a very good idea, providing we could also retain the memories, there would be a couple of potential down sides to it, but the positive implications would outweigh those, imagine what we could do if nothing was lost, such as the understanding of languages, skills, ideas and wisdom that is sadly not passed on, is lost when ever we lose one of our Elders.
Where would we be with art, science, music and innovation if we could literally communicate with the minds of Da Vinci, Einstein or the Curies ? Books and text don't adequately reveal the true passion and insight of those that have gone before us.
Apart from that though, personally, I'd rather pass on than live within a synthetic body, BUT, I'd like any positive thing I came up with to survive and remain for the use of others.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Transferring the drudgery of mundane tasks to an electronic device, i.e. robot, I can deal with but transferring my mind to an electronic device to prolong life, count me out.

The timeline of 2050 they have for this is a little short, I would have to add at least 500 years.
edit on 26-4-2015 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

I do not like any bit of the approach. Sure, the technological research needs to move forward, but before pouring all that bio-nano-genetic stuff on our plates, skin and mind - I rather evaluate and discuss the inherent risks, and long term threats these include.

There is very little done to research how these nano-particles, nano-machines and bio-engineered nano-bionics - degrade - if at all - when dumped in the nature. Because, lets face it, when interest wanes, everything gets thrown out of door. So, what happens when our streets, sewers, rivers, lakes, seabeds, forests, skies - everything - is littered with the same technology which was supposed to create miracles and a bright future.

Sorry my lack of total ignorance, but I am more worried than inspired. I can survive without all that new stuff - and I want to be darn sure I can survive also WITH that new stuff around.
edit on 26-4-2015 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2015 by deckdel because: my crappy keyboard makes me nazi

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

Actually, in my opinion the only thing that could be considered creepy, is in relation to your response.

Any thoughts?

How exactly is my response creepy?

You do realize a lot of your responses make no sense?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Hmm, sounds interesting.. I'll be in my 80's, once 2050 hits. If my body doesn't succumb to my disease by than.

Let's hope we have some medical breakthroughs. It truly could be quite fascinating if to live inside a machine.

Sadly, it sounds too good to be true.

Hmm, I do wonder, tho.. What about man/woman's need for.. pleasure.. Be it jumping out of a plane for an adrenaline rush, or cuddling up in bed with a partner for some intimate fun. These are things we crave, and once experienced, the mind does not forget them.

As fun as it would be to be a in a machine, it would be quite boring, if one could not experience such things.

I'd be happy, tho, either way, there is so much I want to learn; there is never enough time tho. This could solve that.

"Hey, Cyg, you sure do know a lot of stuff, but, once in a while, it seems you drift off in your thoughts.. How old are you?" " I was born, in the later parts of the 1900's.. I've seen 4,000 years.. Just old memories float to the surface now and than.."..

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm really awaiting VetiGel. The fading highlighter sounds great as does the insect force field being more humane. The dry clean seems promising, wonder the cons on it. That technology is being used in nail salons to dry the polish. Wonder how much it will save on dryer electricity costs, if a close line is not an option instead. Am sure iFoot can help a lot of people if they decide to go forth with it.

The Ooho Edible Water Bottle, while an interesting concept, seems like it will be quite a mess. Plus most people don't want to eat something they had their hands all over. Maybe just market it as more biodegradable than the competition.

Why share 2045? That's a Trashumanists dream but 'commoner" nightmare lol.
edit on 26-4-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

A big advantage in relation to an android bodies is the ability to survive under conditions that would kill us instantly.

There is also the longevity issue.

I doubt very seriously something like this would allow for us to become immortal. Perhaps life spans will be increased to about 500 years but beyond that it is likely that the Brain will begin to degrade.

My thinking on the time line is also different.

Because we really are working on stuff like this eventually their will be a breakthrough and in perhaps 100 years such technology could be available for public consumption.

Perhaps by 2045 we will have reached the point where at least experimentally we know it is possible.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Successfully inventing anyone of these could net someone minimum, 20 million a year.

For personal use.
edit on 26-4-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You know that in Documentaries there is referenced the idea that the Andromeda Galaxy will one day impact with the Milky Way Galaxy.

And the problem with that is that, it is potentially also bunch of Bull#.

Myself if I have doubts as to the issues related to a certain technology, what I do is learn about it.

Any thoughts?

edit on 26-4-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You know that in Documentaries there is referenced the idea that the Andromeda Galaxy will one day impact with the Milky Way Galaxy.

And the problem with that is that, it is potentially also bunch of Bull#.

Myself if I have doubts as to the issues related to a certain technology, what I do is learn about it.

Any thoughts?

Indeed, I don't think we understand space well enough, when that announcement was made about Andromeda. Tho, who knows. They also say the sun is going to turn to a red giant, and swallow the earth in fiery doom. /shrug

Nothing is certain, and anything is possible.

No matter how much we understand about any perticuler subject, can be turned over on it's ear with each new discovery.

People seldom realize that nothing is certain, or written in stone, permanently.

"Where there is a will, there is a way"..

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

A big advantage in relation to an android bodies is the ability to survive under conditions that would kill us instantly.

There is also the longevity issue.

I doubt very seriously something like this would allow for us to become immortal. Perhaps life spans will be increased to about 500 years but beyond that it is likely that the Brain will begin to degrade.

My thinking on the time line is also different.

Because we really are working on stuff like this eventually their will be a breakthrough and in perhaps 100 years such technology could be available for public consumption.

Perhaps by 2045 we will have reached the point where at least experimentally we know it is possible.

Ideally, tho i don't think we have any real hard data on this.

The brain should be able to continue to function, indeffinetly, as long as it gets the required materials it needs to function. Sugar and oxygen. Now, I'm sure we could figure out exactly how much, etc.

But as far as I am aware, it's not been fully studied.

I think the projection will be further out than 2045.. I hope I'm wrong tho.. Something needs to change, drastically.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Interatomic Coulombic decay

Resonant Interatomic Coulombic Deacy (RICD) was first validated experimentally.[13] This process emanates from an inner-valence excitation where an inner-valence electron is promoted to a virtual orbital. During the process the vacant inner-valence spot is filled up by an outer-valence electron of the same subunit or by the electron in the virtual orbital. The following action is referred to as RICD if in the previous process generated excess energy removes an outer-valence electron from another cluster constituent. The excess energy can, on the other hand, also be used to remove an outer-valence electron from the same subunit (autoionization). Consequently, RICD competes not only with slow radiative decay as ICD, it competes also with the effective autoionization. Both experimental[14] and theoretical[15] evidence show that this competition does not lead to a suppression of the RICD.

Auger-ICD cascade has been first predicted theoretically.[16] States with a vacancy in a core-shell usually undergo Auger decay. This decay often produces double ionized states which can sometimes decay by another Auger decay forming a so-called Auger cascade. However, often the double ionized state is not high enough in energy to decay intraatomically once more. Under such conditions, formation of a decay cascade is impossible in the isolated species, but can occur in clusters with the next step being ICD. Meanwhile the Auger-ICD cascade has been confirmed and studied experimentally.[17]

Excitation–transfer–ionization (ETI) is a non-radiative decay pathway of outer-valence excitations in an environment.[18] Assume that an outer-valence electron of a cluster subunit is promoted to a virtual orbital. On the isolated species this excitation can usually only decay slowly by photon emission. In the cluster there is an additional, much more efficient pathway if the ionization threshold of another cluster constituent is lower than the excitation energy. Then the excess energy of the excitation is transferred interatomically (intermolecularly) to remove an outer-valence electron from another cluster subunit with an ionization threshold lower than the excitation energy. Usually, this interatomic (intermolecular) process also takes place within a few femtoseconds.

Electron-transfer-mediated decay (ETMD)[19] is a non-radiative decay pathway where a vacancy in an atom or molecule is filled by an electron from a neighboring species; a secondary electron is emitted either by the first atom/molecule or by the neighboring species. The existence of this decay mechanism has been proven experimentally in Argon dimers [20] and in mixed Argon – Krypton clusters.[21]

Source

Any thoughts?

edit on 26-4-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom

VetiGel

The ability to stop someone from bleeding in a matter of seconds could prove rather useful in the medical community. Luckily for them (and us), VetiGel is here to save the day. Said to not only seal off wounds, but also potentially heal them quicker and even aid in the regeneration of organs one day, the synthetic gel only has one current downside: it is only being used on animals until it is proven safe for humans. Unlike many of the other items on this list, however, it's a very viable possibility in the near future, making it easily the most beneficial item of anything we've covered to this point.

This sounds like something we will see in the next 20 years

A blood cotter has been out there for a 100 years but few people know of it today.
Good old white flour will cot blood in a very short time.
I have a mason jar in my kit of dry flour that i baked in the oven at 220 degrees to kill any germs that might be in it.
I have had teeth pulled and used this flour to stop the bleeding and it worked a lot better then a tea bag.

I also use it once on the leg of a horse that had been badly cut by barbed wire till we could get it to a vet.
first-aid-cpr.knoji.com...

edit on 27-4-2015 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Aspirin originates from the bark of the Red Willow tree. You can essentially get a small moist piece chew on it for about 10 minutes and your headache will go away.

I understand where you are coming from but this also can be applied to major surgery.In effect replacing stiches even in the case where a chest has to be opened, or Cesarean procedures, as an example.

Any thoughts?

edit on 27-4-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

top topics

<< 1   >>

join