It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Suggests Limiting Legal Immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I saw this mentioned inside another article and haven't seen it covered anywhere else. This is a big story to me, both because I can't stand Walker, but also I am a big proponent of limiting legal immigration. This is the first time I can remember ever hearing a US politician even contemplate limiting legal immigration and I think is far overdue.

Unfortunately, this will probably be buried and never mentioned again, or he will be crucified for it. Either by democrats, or by republicans who don't want it acknowledged that they dislike non-Americans (though everyone knows it).

www.jsonline.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
As a legal immigrant and naturalized citizen I have to say that legal immigration isn't really the problem.

It is illegal immigration that is.

That said I think the entire immigration system should be overhauled.
edit on pSat, 25 Apr 2015 17:39:26 -0500201525America/Chicago2015-04-25T17:39:26-05:0030vx4 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

My wife is a legal immigrant. I 100% agree the issue isn't legal immigration. The issue is that we're not sending illegals to antartica, make the countries that those citizens Recide in go get their citizens, or let them die, either way it's cheaper then feeding them, housing them, and letting them have anchor babies that force an issue on our already stretched welfare system. I also think that citizenship should be reserved for only those who have one parent that's legal. It is the burden of that parent to provide for their child, not the tax payers.

Cheers

Camain

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

If I'm not mistaken, there are already annual limits on legal immigration at the federal level.

This is how republicans pretend to be doing something. They continually and repeatedly propose legislation that already exist. It kinda like the way they try to attach legislation prohibiting tax-payer funded abortions to every Bill that hits the floor when the prohibition already exist.

But that doesn't matter to them, they'll threaten to shut down government and/or hold up presidential appointments if they're not allowed to re-legislate the same thing over and over again. Nothing new ever comes from the right anymore.

With respect to the current immigration limits, I'm on my phone right now and I'm not good at linking sources etc., from my phone. But, if you'll go to immigrationpolicy.org you can see what I'm talking about.

We have global limits and we have categorical limits. While I'm sure that some exceptions to these limits may occur from time to time depending on circumstances, it clear that we do already have limits in place.

IMO, Just another republican pretending to do something for his immigrant hating constituency.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm in and on board let's make it happen!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I am surprised you don't like Scott Walker. He seems to be someone who thinks independently of his party which is all too rare these days. I don't know if I agree with limiting legal immigration as I am more inclined to stop the illegal kind first. I find it disconcerting that you think negatively towards non-Americans. I certainly don't.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
How could I not dislike him? He seems to be nothing more than a fake bastard who makes a fortune from business and the government while trying to cut funding for everyone else.

Anyways, they always say there's more legal immigration than illegal, so I believe it is a problem. We can't employ the 320 million people we have now, not to mention we're running low on water in much of the country and losing farmland at a rapid pace and traffic is a nightmare. Why would any sane person want more people coming herre?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

How could I not dislike him? He seems to be nothing more than a fake bastard who makes a fortune from business and the government while trying to cut funding for everyone else.

I don't think he has ever been fake about who he is and I don't begrudge him his success. I think you probably see his spending cuts as something other than fiscal responsibility with the tax payer's money. It is easy to look at the same thing and interpret it two different ways.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
As a legal immigrant and naturalized citizen I have to say that legal immigration isn't really the problem.

It is illegal immigration that is.

That said I think the entire immigration system should be overhauled.

That said, I agree.

Whatever is going on in those countries that illegal immigrants are coming from, I don't think our ambassadors are really addressing those problems.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

The only flaw in your, cough, cough, logic is the current administration is looking at doubling the legal immigration to 2 million from one.

Right now immigration, legal and the soon-to-be-legal, feeds the corporations AND the unions....at the expense of us in wages as it kills the supply and demand system.

I'd shut down all immigration, other than required by shortage in specific fields, until the job situation drastically improved.

While I agree with the other posters that Legal immigration isn't 'the' problem, it shouldn't be increased.

I support this concept and Walker...

link   

Bah, triple post. A pox on Frontier...

edit on 26-4-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

link   

Sorry, double post.

edit on 26-4-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Open borders. Quit blaming everything on immigrants.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
My wife is a legal immigrant, after one year she is the #1 salesperson in her company.

We had so much more headache getting her papers sorted than the people who come here illegally and take advantage of the system.

It's almost like they WANT to discourage skilled intelligent immigration and ultimately TANK the system, turning us into the next cheap labor factory for the rich.....

Almost eh..... LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Bring on the immigrants. Only way we can keep pace with China.

Unless you are of Mayan, Aztec, Mohican, Cherokee, etc. descent you are most likely of illegal immigrant descent. The aforementioned being descendants of legal immigrants by dint of fact that there were no laws when their ancestors wandered to North America.

My family has been here since 18th century, perhaps earlier. We were immigrants and we didn't ask anyone's permission.

Immigrants is part of what makes USA the USA.

Everybody used to bitch about the Irish.

[We obviously should screen for fundamentalists with militant ties and people with diseases]

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I think America should just build a huge wall around the country, not let anybody IN nor OUT.

World will be a more peaceful place.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PointDume
Bring on the immigrants. Only way we can keep pace with China.

Unless you are of Mayan, Aztec, Mohican, Cherokee, etc. descent you are most likely of illegal immigrant descent. The aforementioned being descendants of legal immigrants by dint of fact that there were no laws when their ancestors wandered to North America.

My family has been here since 18th century, perhaps earlier. We were immigrants and we didn't ask anyone's permission.

Immigrants is part of what makes USA the USA.

Everybody used to bitch about the Irish.

[We obviously should screen for fundamentalists with militant ties and people with diseases]

You know what???

This argument is so played out it's not even funny anymore.....

Times change, laws change, borders change....... By your same logic I should be able to emigrate to Scotland freely (grandfather was born there) or Sweden (other grandfather) or about 6 other countries I can list....

But you know what? I can't, because times have changed and that's not how it works anymore.

Don't tell me my ancestors were illegal immigrants; they came here 100% legal, signed in at Ellis, brought valuable skills (opened a company in Philly and hired men immediately) paid their taxes, assimilated and CONTRIBUTED. That's a metric fcckton more than a lot of people entering the country today can say.

The natives who were originally here ABSOLUTELY have a right to the whole country as far as I'm concerned. So as soon as you can secure my unlimited repatriation to a European nation of my choosing, then I will happily STFU and cross back over the pond to where I "belong".

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think we should close our borders until this ME jihad is under control or destroyed. If America does that, I would bet things would change. I have sent emails to congress expressing that. I am sure they take one email seriously.

top topics

join