It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the best magic tricks ever 2... Tell me how this was done

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Following on from my first thread on a magic trick HERE, ive found perhaps a much better card trick from David Blaine.

Now as in my first thread, can anyone tell me how this was done?
www.youtube.com...

I dont accept that Harrison Ford was in on it.

Is there a midget in the orange with a deck of cards?
Or was the orange in on it?

Anyone got the answer?

edit on 25-4-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: Unembeded video due to profanity in title.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I dont accept that Harrison Ford was in on it.
And why would that be ? He has did and said many things that were not true for money in the past afterall .

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's obvious the orange or grapefruit or whatever was planted.

Not saying Harrison Ford was in on the trick but..... what you think it was "magic"?

David Blaine is awesome so is David Copperfield but it's an illusion.

Most of the time people are in on the trick.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Good trick. I must say I reckon the knife was either super sharp or conveniently placed as it sliced through that orange without much pressure.

Regards Bally

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Good trick. I must say I reckon the knife was either super sharp or conveniently placed as it sliced through that orange without much pressure.

Regards Bally

Really?

You don't own a knife that can slice through an orange?!?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
All I know is Harrison's reaction was awesome

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
www.strongmindbraveheart.com...

This kid, who sounds like he's trying to do the video without his roomie hearing, does a trick very similar to Blaine's.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
His reaction was awsome, however, he earns a very nice living ACTING!

Unless you believe in magic he has to be in on it.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I always thought this was hypnotic suggestion and planting for these sorts of tricks.

That of course assumes they arnt on it for 'lulz'

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

originally posted by: bally001

Regards Bally

Really?

You don't own a knife that can slice through an orange?!?

If you watch the knife literally falls through the first half of the orange.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Does he? I thought I recognized him from somewhere....

I thought he was "awesome" in The Fugitive too. I'm aware of how he makes a living.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Never assume that someone from the "crowd" who agrees they've never met the illusionist before is stating a fact. For an illusion to be effective, you need to believe...

A guy I used to work with thought that the "masked magician" specials were giving away sacred tricks of the trade. Almost every version of a well known illusion was pathetically amateur compared to how it was done by the professionals.

He seemed to think he was making a profound statement when he said, "Well, NOBODY can make an elephant disappear!" That's a given. There's a big difference, though, when it's done on the "masked magician's" stage and not all of the props have been removed. Doing it on a rooftop with four canvas tarps as walls and a circle of people is another matter entirely.

Here is a variation on a bit of street magic that has been done by Criss Angel, also. Cyril Takayama makes this look easy, but reality guarantees that practice, preparation and shills are a part of the illusion:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I liked Harrison's reaction. That was great.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

There are many ways to 'force' someone to pick a card. Here is an article (not very detailed as to the techniques but interesting anyway) www.dailymail.co.uk...

Also there may be something like what is going on in this video, but perhaps combined with 'forcing' techniques

The part with the orange was probably similar to the vid that Shamrock6 posted...with some added slight of hand

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yeah I wish it was real because I like supernatural stuff. But that looks staged. It would be far more believable if it was done live, with multiple cameras, and with a random person. But they used a person who's made a career out of acting, aka memorizing lines & pretending to be someone they're not. And the props weren't visible the entire time. And there's no proof that was a full deck of cards, that the card he "chose" wasn't also in the deck, or that he even chose the card he claimed to choose before hand.

In other words, we as viewers are expected to assume too many things to make the trick work. Even if you believe it wasn't staged, was that even the first take? How do we know Blaine didn't do it 52 times & only show the one time he got "right"?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
OK, so does anyone know how this was done?

Im leaning towrds suggestion, i still dont think Ford was in on it

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
See the number of fruits on the counter? If each one had a card inside the magician selected and opens the right one with the card. On the other hand the if that was the only card missing from the deck it makes the trick so much easier.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Is it just me, or did Harrison Ford seemed stoned out of his mind?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

OK, so does anyone know how this was done?

It's a damn good trick.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that he used visual suggestion techniques to basically have only a few possible cards that Harrison could have picked (all of which were missing from the deck after the suggestion stage). Then, he already had fruits prepared for each of these cards (so just had to pick the corresponding fruit after Harrison stated his card). (the fruit was prepared by slicing into it only a third of the way, and inserting the card....then, when slicing the fruit, the 2/3 that wasn't sliced, was face up, so the cut part on the bottom...looking to the observer, like an uncut fruit).

EDIT: Ah, I see someone posted a tutorial on this too. I'm still not seeing the exact suggestion method used for Blaine's trick, but there are a LOT of different ones a magician could employ. I like the tutorial's method of inserting the card in the fruit much better than mine (and it fits the visual of Blaine's trick)

Also, watched it again, and Harrison picks the fruit before stating the card. Since Blaine wouldn't have known which fruit Harrison would pick, he would have had to prep each fruit in the bowl (or at least the top ones) ahead of time. This also means he has to force Harrison to choose ONE card vs. a few possible ones.
edit on 27-4-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I would really like to know what suggestive technique Blaine used here.

Its the only thing that i can think of that made the trick work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join