It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Jenner and the "Transgender"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

He *FELT* female .... that has to be a wild assumption on his part, as

being all male at the time >>>>

* his body was male

* his hormones were male

* his brain was female
That requires proof .... after all some men have

'feminine' and less 'masculine' traits and some women have 'masculine' and less

'feminine' traits. eg. As a 'feminine' woman I have been told I drive like a man! lol!!

A man can empathise with how a woman may feel ... but not having the

basics of what makes a female, his views are pure guesswork, conjecture and

assumptions.

Science has proven this in transgendered men who become women. Autopsies have been conducted on the brains of male to female transgender and it showed that they were born with female (ie: larger) brains. So in essence, they are a male body with a female brain. Again, I posted links I believe on page 2 or 3 you're welcome to read. Studies have been done.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
As a transgender female I feel depressed by this thread...

I'm terribly sorry. Please know one female, genetic and otherwise understands you and is blessed to know you.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Mostly I'm just tired of the fight. I'm at the point where I see this stuff and just sigh. A lot of the fight has been knocked out of me. Life is going good for me right now, and I see stuff like this and feel I have a responsibility to fight ignorance towards me and mine, but at the same time, the whole issue is painful and frustrating, and I find I just don't have the fight anymore.

I'd rather enjoy being happy than letting myself get dragged down by continuing the good fight, but at the same time I feel a responsibility to. It's a frustrating, painful conflict.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Mostly I'm just tired of the fight. I'm at the point where I see this stuff and just sigh. A lot of the fight has been knocked out of me. Life is going good for me right now, and I see stuff like this and feel I have a responsibility to fight ignorance towards me and mine, but at the same time, the whole issue is painful and frustrating, and I find I just don't have the fight anymore.

I'd rather enjoy being happy than letting myself get dragged down by continuing the good fight, but at the same time I feel a responsibility to. It's a frustrating, painful conflict.

I can understand that. I have an invisible illness, a couple of them actually. And because they're invisible, some people don't understand why I feel run down a lot, or why I sleep so much (narcolepsy). So some days you feel like you have to teach everyone and stick up for the cause, and some days, you just want to give up and bury yourself and save everyone else the energy. So yeah, I totally get it. I may not always understand transgenderism, but I'm willing to learn and I have strong shoulders and a very good ear. Feel free to IM me anytime. I make a good friend. I'm one of those people that once I become your friend, I stick with you for life. I keep my circle to a minimum because I stick to the few I have like glue. You're welcome to join them.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Thanks I appreciate it.
If I ever need to talk I'll keep you in mind. Fortunately as said, my life is good right now, so cross my fingers I don't end up needing a shoulder to cry on anytime soon. Have a promotion coming up at work at a job I just got two and a half weeks ago. This is a big deal for someone like me.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thanks I appreciate it.
If I ever need to talk I'll keep you in mind. Fortunately as said, my life is good right now, so cross my fingers I don't end up needing a shoulder to cry on anytime soon. Have a promotion coming up at work at a job I just got two and a half weeks ago. This is a big deal for someone like me.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your promotion. Good luck!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

If the medical procedures used to treat gender dysphoria are unnecessary in your eyes, what would be the solution? If there's even a modicum of success with the treatment, and for many, it does reduce the emotional stress and pain to transition, then why not allow it. It's not bigoted to encourage further research, but it'd be frustrating for one to be denied a potentially helpful treatment because there may be better treatments later in the future. We don't ask these kinds of questions about other conditions nearly as regularly. Type 2 diabetes is still treated with insulin, and those who don't adopt a diet which could reverse the condition aren't stigmatized too heavily. But, those who choose to get treatment for their gender dysphoria are met with social stigma, and well meaning philosophers debating the nature of their pain. Until we have more information, it's best to support the courses of action available. The suicide rate is too damn high, many see no other options, it's a condition with too high a death toll to put on the back burner in search of potentially unanswerable questions and potentially half effective measures. Ultimately, the risk they take is their own, and if the transition does more harm than good... Even if it's a merely cosmetic fix, it's their right to weigh those risks. While I agree more research needs to be done and research options developed and social stigma reexamined, those suffering don't have the time to wait for society to change.. Not to mention many of those with gender dysphoria would still be trans on a desert island, with nobody but themselves around. It's not just wanting to present to others, it's wanting to feel as close to comfortable with themselves as possible. Why those unaffected choose to insert their opinions on another's mental state is beyond me, unless it's affected you, there is no way to describe the feeling too truly relay the gravity of it. Just because it's impossible to relay, doesn't invalidate the pain.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

I'll admit I'm confused, because if there's significant evidence that with enough therapy one could be comfortable with their body, and no longer experience gender dysphoria, isn't that why gender therapy is a requirement for any transition treatments? I'm certain that there are some trans folks who go to gender therapy and decide for one reason or another that transitioning isn't necessary. But what of those for whom therapy isn't enough? If we don't have a treatment to *convert* them, what are the options? There's incidences of self mutilation, suicide attempts, major depression, etc in the untreated population, but the argument is that transitioning is potentially damaging? Is the condition not damaging in itself? I'm just wondering if it was an existential issue or something akin to anorexia, why there are still those who seek to transition? I understand that not all anorexics who receive treatment feels better afterwards, some will always experience dysphoria. This comparison comes up so often that I can't help but believe someone in the medical community has determined surgery for gender dysphoria to be more effective than, say, liposuction for body dysmorphia. While I don't know what information supports this exactly, I figure for a treatment to be available there would have to have been significant data.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Personally .If I was a man with manly parts.and in my mind I felt female. I'd lean towards testosterone therapy .would that not make him more manly. It seems he's going the wrong direction with therapy. Also he's not attracted to men? I'm confused how you can be a man who feels like a woman but don't like men. Does he feel like a lesbian?
Hormonal imbalance.Mental Illness.publicity stunt. The second being needed to produce the third.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theorbme
Personally .If I was a man with manly parts.and in my mind I felt female. I'd lean towards testosterone therapy .would that not make him more manly. It seems he's going the wrong direction with therapy. Also he's not attracted to men? I'm confused how you can be a man who feels like a woman but don't like men. Does he feel like a lesbian?
Hormonal imbalance.Mental Illness.publicity stunt. The second being needed to produce the third.

Ok, again, biology lesson. Fetus if a female until 4-28 weeks. The fetus then gets flooded with hormones to determine if it's going to be a boy or girl. If it's a boy and the testosterone is off and not enough is given, the brain will stay female, the body male. Studies and autopsies have PROVEN this. CONCLUSIVELY. NOT a mental illness. Also proven. NOT a publicity stunt. NO ONE is going to CUT OFF their penis for a TV SHOW. Would you?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Your reply to me is very interesting...because this morning I turned on the TV and there was a news piece about him...and the thought came to me...(he needs more money and he has found a clever way to make it).

edit on 2015-04-27T18:48:11-05:00pmMondaypm2720154America/Chicagopm by caladonea because: edit

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yes I would cut my penis off as a publicity stunt if the money was right. I'd buy a bigger one. Anyway what I said was would not testosterone treatment be the way to go. The treatment makes men more manly.At a young age start the therapy that coincides with your sexual organs.estrogen or testosterone as an example..I did read the article about brain weight in transgender humans. It seems sensible.also This original post makes sense. I understand Transgender my youngest of three sisters has always been a guy.never has she dressed like a female.nor dated males. We are very close. This is a interesting study .In Bruce's case I believe he has taken a fetish along with his growing mental illness created a great forum study.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Your reply to me is very interesting...because this morning I turned on the TV and there was a news piece about him...and the thought came to me...(he needs more money and he has found a clever way to make it).

He does need more money, even more so now because he could get sued for wrongful death from the accident that he was involved in. Plus, He and Kris are divorced, and knowing how the laws out here in occupied California are, he probably didn't get much community property.

The Kardashian's made most of the money, he has 4 children himself that are all his. Listen, I seen Bruce speak up in Seattle around 10 years ago at a business seminar. He was a motivational speaker, and he was amazing. I can tell you this much, He's no fool. The Man actually is very, very intelligent.

He's a competitive human being too obviously, he's an Olympian. Kris dumped him after all the fame and it was all about the Kardashians. Well guess what? Now it's all about Bruce Jenner, he has his own reality show coming out very soon. Do I know for sure that I am correct? No I don't, but I am pretty sure that I am.

Either way, I could care less about how he wants to live his life, but I am not going to follow the herds and just say you go girl, or you go boy! Not without peeling the layers of the onion back in order to find the real truth.

Think about it all the last few years, that wretched plastic show, you know? It probably made him sick to participate in it. Bruce is a good person, he's not fake like them, but his back is now against the wall.

I personally believe that he is doing this for his OWN family, and their future. It's so obvious to me that it is all fabricated. Read between the lies my friend. ~$heopleNation
edit on 27-4-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 Tell that to thew woman he rammed into oncoming traffic and killed, oh wait, shes dead.......Silly monkey

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Theorbme interesting interview with transgender on Last Amy Shumer

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My thoughts???

Who the Hell Cares!!!

I don't get (but I do) the reason this guy wants to be a women his entire life. I have met plenty of people who I can at least say "that makes since". So, whats the big deal??

For me, at the end of the day and all the crazy things that are going on why the hell make a thread about this and why am I even responding.

Again, who the hell cares.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
What complete and utter bull#. I cannot comment on whether souls have genders or not, but the bodies they inhabit very definitely do, and those bodies are wired in a very different way depending on if the body in question is male or female. I know there are some bodies in the grey area but I don't focus on them here, and they are far from the majority anyway.

Every day I see the damages wrought by this sort of thinking. Males and females DENIED THEIR ESSENTIAL NATURE. Forced to submit to this overintellectualized bull# of "genders are cultural constructs". THEY ARE NOT.

Study anthropology. 99%(no I am not pulling that number out of my ass) of peoples have remarkably similar gender roles. Including similarities such as:

-Male boys engage in rough and tumble play, females don't
-Males fight wars, females don't
-Females do majority of childcare
-Males initiate sexual relationships

Just off the top of my mind. I can write more if anyone cares.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Majority of people have no gender issues except the society-made ones. I see every day how the essential natures of women and men are denied, forced to fit this overintellectualized sterile mold of "genders are cultural constructs".

I cannot say whether souls have genders or not, but the bodies they inhabit definitely do(except for a few cases) and those bodies are wired in very different ways.

Know your anthropology. 99% of peoples(I am not making that number up) have remarkably similar gender roles. Including:

-Boys engage in rough-and-tumble play, girls don't
-Men fight the wars, women don't
-Women do majority of childcare
-Men initiate romantic relationships
-Men are more aggressive

How could most peoples happen to build the same "culturally constructed" genders? By accident?

No. Testosterone triggers significant changes in behavior. And men have 20x more of that than females. Not to mention other hormones. Because of that females are more fit than males to take care of small children, why? Because of the hormonal differences they are more capable of emotional empathy, which is exactly what small kids need.

There is beauty, strength and animalistic power in properly embraced masculine and feminine. This society is trying to eliminate those differences in the name of "logic" and "equality"(which now seems to mean sameness).

Yin & Yang.

I can write more about this if anyone cares.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: quantumist

whoops, thought my reply didn't go through, but apparently it did, and now I have two differently worded posts saying the same thing. mods can delete the first one, please

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Did him wanting to be a lady cause the accident?.

Nope...silly whoever you are.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join