It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could end the world and renew it or stay as we are forever, Which would you choose?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have a question. I am curious.

If given the chance to end the world and reset it all to zero.....or continue as we are for eternity....

What would you choose?

So, start as primitive people, free of all evil. OR live as we are forever with nothing ever changing.

Which?

I say, burn it all. End this farce, this world of lies and endless BS.

thats just me though.

I can live with the BS....I just know deep down inside, I would reset the whole thing and erase everything we have ever learned.

What we have going on, sucks and will only get worse. There is nothing really alluring about our world. Not its discoveries, its wisdom or its comfort. They are only slightly interesting and valuable. In the long run, we live a lie....and will never know true existence as we are.

Its all not worth even a cheap cigar.

edit on 4 25 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What makes you think nobody was evil in prehistoric/primitive times?

Or that man wouldn't do the same things over again?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Free of evil?

How can there be evolution if there is no evils to fight?

How can you know what is "evil" if History gets erased?

I would never choose the end of the world. I think we must remember our mistakes. Resetting things will only enable Man to make the same mistakes a second time around.

And besides, "burning" everything will destroy countless innocent species. Must they too pay for our mistakes?

edit on 25-4-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What is that saying? "some people just want to see the world burn"? Well, perhaps the hurt and angry child in me would say "go ahead then, if you want to burn it so bad, let it f*cking burn then!"..but then that same hurt and angry child would regret those very words later.

I don't think the options you are presenting are the only ones available to us though, I will say that.

I don't want to see anyone hurt, but I do know there is such a thing as free will today. I also know that that means that there are good choices to be made, and that the truth can never be hidden forever. The Truth is that I still don't think it's too late.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

RESET... lack of morals, greed, selfishness, and too much suffering because of it. Knowledge and technology is destroying us all.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jessme2

Indeed.

It is never too late to do the right thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I say, burn it all. End this farce, this world of lies and endless BS.

Burning it all is worse though, isn't it? Just keep exposing the lies, people will sort it out themselves if they know the truth.

Look at the head thread today, nobodies fooled about the trouble the world is in. Try not to get upset at the liars, that also plays into their scheme.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-4-2015 by intrptr because: added link

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Someone needs to drink more beer.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

What was evil? Murder? rape? Theft? etcetera?

Those things will not go away ever, at least without the tools and knowledge of malice, they will be minimal.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I say burn the knowledge and the capabilities.

People will die regardless. At least they will live happy and free lives before that. Now people live miserable and meaningless lives only to die anyways.

What do we have to show for our troubles? We still repeat our mistakes. History is rewritten all the time. We learn NOTHING.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jessme2

yeah, I dont either...like I said, we live a lie.

I can deal with it, I just dont see the point in telling ourselves lies to make it go down easier.

We will struggle on, and the endless BS will continue on with us that make it.

We are incapable of change. We are stuck in our ways, no matter the technology, the tools, the philosophies....we are destined to go to our "flower" of misery like the "bees" we are.

it is our nature....and the beat goes on, da dum dee dum....

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thats until they are fooled with the promise of making themselves great and awesome.

Everyone has a price. Even if everyone sold out for the greater good they perceive, they would sell out.

I would say that one truly good person comes about once every hundred years or so, and they are a fluke that is mostly ill received.

Na, truth is something we design. We often are motivated by greater comfort and pleasure. Not the promise of suffering for your ideals.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

LOL

yeah I need to numb the mind a little. I was just curious if I am of the few that see this all for what we see it as, maybe not what it is....but what we perceive it as.

Some beer, a smoke and good company will do me fine. Then its back to the BS.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Evil is an entirely different thing than 'insanity', which is what's truly destroying the world...

While it's true that 'evil' is necessary for evolution/spiritual growth/etc...

...we could definitely do without the insanity.

I don't think that 'letting the world burn' is the answer, but we could sure use some kind of "reset"...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I can certainly respect the desire to start it all over, however I would like to see how things end up. It may get worse for a bit, but I think humanity (as a whole) is currently going through a "long dark night of the soul" type situation that began around the industrial revolution. I believe (hope may be more appropriate, but deep down I believe in humanity) that we will come out on the other end better off for the experience.

It's true that devastation, destruction, and death continue (and I suspect will do so through at least most of my lifetime), but I believe the future of humanity is bright once we go through this and continue to grow and learn.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'd say to start over. It would be kind of nice if we could keep the internet but get rid of all the ads. We do not need the internet for buying things though, so get rid of the electronic money system too.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You killed a wooly mammoth on your hunt.

I did not.

So I'm going to bash your skull in while you're skinning it because I need to feed my family and myself. All I need is a rock.

Pretending that things like that will go away is pretty obtuse.

ETA: one can pretty reasonably argue that that isn't evil, that's just done out of my perception of necessity. So that's not even getting in to your idea of evil yet.
edit on 25-4-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah I may have chosen my words poorly. Its not about ending evil, but our ability to do evil on large scale.

A rock is not the same as machine gun or a bomb. A rock isnt a nuke or biological agent.

Your malice in stealing the meat I hunted for is not the same as your malice in getting me to drone away my life for your greater comfort.

Also, in your example, all I need to defend myself is another rock. NOW, I need a cop or a provable argument of self defence in court, or else I get my property taken from me and thrown in a cage. Sometimes even when I am right in defending myself....you can sue ME in some cases!

I could just kill you and not give you my meat. Now, I would need to call the cops and wait, or face my day in court in front of a crooked judge whom you may have paid off or been friends with or part of a larger social group with, or a judge whom I may have pissed off by being a certain race, or political leaning, what ever, maybe I fit the bill for a larger agenda....then I go to jail-

Yeah, one situation is clearly more evil to me....

I will would take my chances with the stone anyday.

edit on 4 25 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

"Free of all evil" and "free of the ability to do evil on a large scale" are vastly different ideas.

If you're going to quantify it that way, then I would say my second question is still germane: what makes you think it wouldn't happen again?

If you can creat a scenario where the ability to perpetrate mass evil is removed and all that, then I would say there's no reset needed. Just flip your switch and remove the mass evil bit. Personally I like my air-con and internet.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So, start as primitive people, free of all evil. OR live as we are forever with nothing ever changing.

I was gonna split hairs about what 'evil' means! Not today.

Primitive people were killing each other with rocks from whatever point in time we choose to call 'the beginning.'

Our primate cousins, the chimps, are a bunch of bastards too - genital mutilation, kidnap, rape, murder etc. Lions kill rival cubs and cheetahs. Leopard seals kill rivals' pups too. Rats, dolphins and who knows what else? They all kill their rivals and we don't see it as evil unless it's us doing it.

The reason for raising these other animals is to make the point that apex creatures can be very nasty to each other.

I'm hippy enough to know the point you're making and, yeah definitely, it'd be great to live in a world were we humans aren't being assholes to each other every other day. The problem with the ideal is that we could stagnate without competition. Another point is most of our defining technologies were conscripted to war, killing and weaponry. We didn't use ironwork to make ploughs, we used it to make pointy, stabby things to dominate enemies and kill animals.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join