It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Fake Dutch Moon Rock Given To The Queen Of The Netherlands By Apollo 11 Crew!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhisper

Sorry but this is a quite accurate translation. Maybe you used google translate, better ask anopther Dutch person to confirm the translation.
I did use google, and I understand that google translate is not entirely reliable. I do not rely on it but it seems to find the usage "gave" and "left behind" separately.

How should TW know where the moon rock is?
You seem to have a problem with personal pronouns which some may find annoying. But you are asking me to prove that the article is erroneous. That is not possible but you, on the other hand, could prove it accurate by showing that the queen had a moon rock in her possession. Can't do that? Why not?

You say the article is incorrect, to make that claim you have to come with evidence.
You still don't understand. It needs to be shown that the article is accurate. Unless, of course, you choose to believe everything you read. But then, that is a problem in itself, isn't it? There are many examples of inaccurate newspaper reports. I showed you two. Would you like more?

The only thing TW has seen are articles about the same event that do not mention that the Queen did get some moon rocks. That doesn't say anything TW agrees that a second source would be welcome lets search for it.
Yes. A piece of the moon is rather an important thing that would seem to be mentioned more than once. Please do search for it. I've been searching and found nothing but that single article which you believe without question.

Again, do you believe everything you read in the newspaper or only things which support your beliefs?
skepdic.com...

edit on 4/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: eriktheawful

The proper way to say "moon rock" in Dutch is: "maan rots"

Maansteen = moon rock, so it`s actual correct Dutch.

Thank you,

Could you also confirm this translation as they keep telling that is is wrong.

the last line of the caption under the image:
"Bij de ontvangst in het paleis kreeg de Koningin een replica van de boodschappen die de astronauten op de maan achterlieten en een stukje maansteen."

Translation:
When the astronaut arrived the Queen received a replica of the message the astronauts left on the moon and a PIECE OF MOON ROCK.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Sorry but this is a quite accurate translation. Maybe you used google translate, better ask anopther Dutch person to confirm the translation.
I did use google, and I understand that google translate is not entirely reliable. I do not rely on it but it seems to find the usage "gave" and "left behind" separately.

How should TW know where the moon rock is?
You seem to have a problem with personal pronouns which some may find annoying. But you are asking me to prove that the article is erroneous. That is not possible but you, on the other hand, could prove it accurate by showing that the queen had a moon rock in her possession.

You say the article is incorrect, to make that claim you have to come with evidence.
You still don't understand. It needs to be shown that the article is accurate. Unless, of course, you choose to believe everything you read. But then, that is a problem in itself, isn't it? There are many examples of inaccurate newspaper reports. I showed you two. Would you like more?

The only thing TW has seen are articles about the same event that do not mention that the Queen did get some moon rocks. That doesn't say anything TW agrees that a second source would be welcome lets search for it.
Yes. A piece of the moon is rather an important thing that would seem to be mentioned more than once. Please do search for it. I've been searching and found nothing but that single article which you believe without question.

Again, do you believe everything you read in the newspaper or only things which support your beliefs?
skepdic.com...

It seems all very personal what you say but lets search and become friends that is much more fun.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I see nothing personal in my statements except asking if you believe everything you read in the newspaper.

Learning is indeed fun. So is critical thinking. Confirmation bias is not critical thinking, it is willful ignorance.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What has happened is the following...

The Astronauts were only 3 hours in The Netherlands.

They went to the "RAI" (building) to open the exposition of the moon landing first, and after that went to see the Queen at one of her palaces. At the "RAI," former Prime Minister Willem Drees was given a rock by American ambassador J. William Middendorf II which was said to be a moon rock.

At her palace the Queen gave the astronauts a silver pheasant and the astronauts gave a replica of the plaque left on the moon in return.

Somehow, the writer of the newspaper has combined the exchanging of the gifts between the astronauts and Queen, and the handing over of the "moon rock" to Willem Drees.
edit on 25 4 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Sounds like the most plausible explanation to me...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

At the "RAI," former Prime Minister Willem Drees was given a rock by American ambassador J. William Middendorf II which was said to be a moon rock.

Citation needed.

The only person living who was there (Middendorf) seems unclear on the details

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Willem Drees is being seen as the most important, after the WW2, Dutch politician with a really big reputation and big political career...not known for any crazy stuff, and even a teetotaler.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Which has to do with...what?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

That it would be very odd for a man with his reputation to even make up such thing.

Google Translate

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

What did he make up? That he thought he was given a moon rock?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

That he had been given something which was being told to him was a moon rock.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Still: citation needed.

The only one alive who was there is unclear on the details. Unless, of course, you have Drees' statement that he was told it was a moon rock. The plaque associated with it does not say so.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

When asked, Middendorf says the only thing he still knows is that the rock came from the State Department.

Dutch

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

So you agree that the details of the transaction are unclear.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Drees has been given in `69 a rock by Middendorf, which was given to him by the State Department, and which was told to Drees to be a moon rock...so that part is pretty clear, the rest not.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

and which was told to Drees to be a moon rock

Perhaps. Perhaps Middendorf told Drees it was a moon rock. Or perhaps not.

"I do remember that Drees was very interested in the little piece of stone. But that it's not real, I don't know anything about that," Mr Middendorf said.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

So he gives piece of rock in `69, on the day when the astronauts are visiting, at the opening of the moon landing exposition, just to pull a prank on Drees ?

In the video they say they actual contacted Middendorf and spoke to him about it, at which he replied, "that is was given to him by the State Department."

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

So he gives piece of rock in `69, on the day when the astronauts are visiting, at the opening of the moon landing exposition, just to pull a prank on Drees ?

I don't know. I don't know if Middendorf thought it was a moon rock. I don't know if Middendorf told Drees it was a moon rock. People are known to assume things sometimes, you know?

In any case, it wasn't a moon rock. And the astronauts gave no one moon rocks. Fake or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Sure, it`s pretty normal that an Ambassador gives a random piece rock to a former Prime Minister...have you actually given that some thought?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join