It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Citizens! When is enough, ENOUGH?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

well spoken. and brilliant as well. never thought about that angle on conspiracy. but i have started noticing ways to use their own tactics/laws against them.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I have met youth who feel like they are part of a "lost" generation and want their voices to be heard. In that regard I can see many who would pick the unpopular side simply because it is unpopular.

But you assume that the US military would be the stronger force and thus people would jump to their side in a heartbeat. Well for starters, the military is controlled meticulously with static guidelines and tactics, so much so that to anyone in the know, it would not be very hard to gain an advantage over trained soldiers. The exception to this would be special forces who have considerably more lax directives to follow when engaging.

With that said, most of the US military might consists of weaponry that is extremely dangerous to infrastructure and hazardous towards civilians. If they were to use most of this arsenal (included most of their aircraft and explosive weaponry), they would create martyrs and gain more enemies thanks to their carelessness. If they don't use said weapons systems, then when it comes to arms and skills - guerrilla warfare wins all day everyday.

Even if ALL the military did indeed stay with the military, it wouldn't take a very big percentage of people to outnumber those forces 2 to 3 times. I'd assume that all of them wouldn't stay and even more would refuse to hurt Americans.

I've factored pretty much all the facts into a strategy of a revolution. Usually when I share them, people simply turn a blind eye and forget I said anything at all. Perhaps it hits a little to soft of a spot to be talking openly about such things on the internet, but I do not care in the slightest.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

There is already so many laws and dictations on the books that go against the Constitution that switching out politicians would do nothing to fix that, just stop us where we are.

The only option is to Select All + Delete EVERYTHING. Slap the Constitution down on a table, and work from there again. However, there does need to be some changes to that Constitution to prevent this all from happening again.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OOOOOO

I'm confident that a 3% still exists in this country. More in fact.

However, fear keeps them from uniting as well as the cleverly played divide and conquer strategy that the current regime has instated to much success.

Even if people can agree on bringing about change, they will still be divided over the petty political issues that the government has created to divide us. Some might say no, but I'm confident the opinions on many negligent "issues" in government run very, very deep.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It'll happen when the collapse does. When people have nothing else to lose, they will rise to the occasion. It's a pity it has to come to that but it's reality. History shows that to be true. Freedom isn't free and you have to fight for it from time to time.

It's not this bad yet.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My biggest fear is the "who's side" issue. America is so fractured and broken socially that if civil unrest were to happen it would be chaos. Look at all the protests and riots. They are a joke! Most of the people that participate don't even know or understand what they are fighting for or against. We look for an outlet to vent our rage and frustration on and it always ends up coming back on us. With more laws, more regulations, and more aggressive authority figures. What we need is a movement. Something to unite us as a whole.

I'm totally for what the OP is proposing. It is not our right as free citizens to fix a broken corrupt system that enslaves us. It's our duty. 80% of us opposed bailing out the banks, more than 50% of us think cannabis should be legal. These are the things we need to focus on. A common enemy and goal. Something people from every community, race, religion, and creed can unite behind.

There are more people who can tell you the winner of the last American idol and the first draft pick this year, than people who can tell you how many branches the American government has. Let alone the names of those 3 branches. We got a long uphill battle against many years of decadence and complacency to fix this.

People need to get educated on the system they are entwined with before they can fight it. The federal reserve, the IRS, the private prison industry, the pharmaceutical industry are just a few of the oppressor. If you work for any of those industries or agencies I would suggest switching careers. Because your doing more harm than good towards humanity and this country.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sometimes, well a lot of times, I'll post something that I feel could be re-posted elsewhere when the topic is appropriate.
In this post I'm addressing cannabis activists I interact with but the point is global regardless if you're discussing cannabis laws, police abuse, Monsanto or any other symptom of the problem.

My post from another site:

Eventually big money will gain control of cannabis. The innovators will innovate and the lazy will loose. Big money gets it. Somehow they understand the more $ they make the more influence they gain so they make more $ and get more influence so whatever they want they get. "We" "The People" don't get it, don't want to get it even when it's shoved in front of our faces. We are a bitter and stubborn bunch that would rather reduce ourselves to what we think we know, Kardasians ass and whatever some talking head screams at us on the boob tube (Kardasians ass). The Government did not fail. Big corporations are not and did not fail. YOU failed and continue to FAIL. 85% of you are "Ego-Activists" its all about you and getting your name up in lights. 2% are scam artists and the rest.... Have yet to understand a simple concept such as root cause analysis. Oh My Science (God) we are all gonna die. You will loose cannabis to big money because your signs, your calls your efforts cannot compete with the cold hard cash of political contributions. GET REAL.

And I followed up with this:

Follow the money man. Who introduced this addition to this bill? Who donated to these people and how much? You can vote for legal air and water but the moment big money realizes there can be a profit they buy your politicians. Signs? Protests? Calling politicians, leaving messages? Right. Here's what happens... Big money donator to politician : "Jim, I see they're making a ton of money with this pot thing." Politician: "yep, yes they are." Donator: "These people have no clue what they're doing and frankly, Jim, I don't like it. We need to tighten this up. I have some ideas." Politician: "Well then, let's make it to the golf course Sunday and talk about this." "You do know I'm getting a lot of calls from these people pressuring me about this and all them protests you see..." Donator: "Jim. Shut the # up with that #. We put you in office we'll take you out. You think those assholes with signs paid for your election campaign?" "you just do as you're told." Politician: "ok"

Again.
The root cause is big corporate money buying our politicians, period.
Signs and protests will never and can get compete with big money, period.
You can not and will never win any revolution through violence in the country. JDAM from a drone is will be your only reward, period.
I would be insincere by not adding this.
The root cause is YOU and Me and everyone that has been participating in this madness regardless if it was knowingly or not.
We have failed because the system is set up for the no bodies to become someone but we're to satisfied by complaining and talking than getting at the core of it all and doing something about it.
If big money owns this country then it is not time to burn the city down. That's easy, it takes no intelligence or thought to set a fire, hold a sign and complain.
Want a real Revolution? Then become big money and rip their faces off with their own machine.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheNewRevolution
Even if ALL the military did indeed stay with the military, it wouldn't take a very big percentage of people to outnumber those forces 2 to 3 times. I'd assume that all of them wouldn't stay and even more would refuse to hurt Americans.

How many would refuse to harm Americans? I'm sure there would be a few, and I believe most members of the military when they say they wouldn't fire on US citizens. However I think that when the time comes what a person believes to be a citizen will change.

Let me give you a scenario. It takes ~39 hours non stop to drive across the country. Lets say there's breaks for food and fuel in there. A movement begins on July 1st starting on the Pacific coast with a convoy forming of truckers, bikers, and anyone else who wants to come along. It begins 500 strong spread along the entire coast and picks up steam as it moves to DC. The projection is that they'll be 10,000 strong when they reach the capital on July 4th. Their objective is to restore the United States, throw the corrupt officials out of office, and conduct their own elections to put their people in places of power. They are armed, and will use force to get the politicians they dislike out of office.

In order to stop those 10,000 people the military is called up to block the roads and prevent their movement. Should they shoot the military is allowed to return fire and defend themselves. In this instance, shooting the citizens (now terrorists?) is defending the government and the law abiding people.

How many members of the military would not shoot in that situation, and let the protestors forcefully change the government?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheNewRevolution
a reply to: OpinionatedB

There is already so many laws and dictations on the books that go against the Constitution that switching out politicians would do nothing to fix that, just stop us where we are.

The only option is to Select All + Delete EVERYTHING. Slap the Constitution down on a table, and work from there again. However, there does need to be some changes to that Constitution to prevent this all from happening again.

Unfortunately our politicians of today aren't up to the task. I believe people like Warren and Paul (to take two from opposite sides) would make excellent delegates to a new constitutional convention but I don't believe we have enough. We don't have a modern day Franklin, Adams, Jefferson, and Madison. I would be all for a new constitution but I don't think we have the modern day wisdom to write it. For that reason I instead support amendments to change what we do have rather than make something entirely new. With the current partisan atmosphere though, we can't get enough support for an amendment.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

very true. but i have come to realize that it takes one of their own kind (psychopath/power-hungry/willing-to-do-anything) that happens to be more intelligent, and lucky, to beat them, and that is only if they can get enough people together to outnumber them as well. so the only persons who have that ability would be people who could care less about making this country better.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

you cannot change human nature, but you can direct it towards something good. now how do we we use greed to benefit the average man?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

a "movement" would have to deliver what people want. any proposals on how to get people to want freedom instead of an easy life? alot of people know they are not in control, yet they never do anything about it. slaves are happy as long as they get handouts and aren't abused too bad.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join