It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Citizens! When is enough, ENOUGH?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

i feel the same way, most of the time. but then i think about the possibility of the child being born who would change the world. and how he has no chance to do so even in the most "free" countries. i can't give up, it is giving up on my son.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We are working on a solution and are getting ready to launch within days.
You have to realize that police abuse, corruption, wars on citizens and drugs, poverty, fair wages, GMOs, environmental disasters, etc. are all symptoms of a greater root cause which is big corporate money influencing/buying/bought our government.
Special interests and lobbyists is what runs this country.
So how does one attack this root cause?
You have to become big corporate money with the single purpose and drive to make this all right.
We have started a public benefit hybrid nonprofit for this purpose.
In the hybrid nonprofit model the nonprofit owns for profit entities. The profits from these businesses gets donated back to the nonprofit to start more public benefit businesses. This makes profits tax exempt.
Our businesses will revolve around helping people, hiring the homeless and being an example of an ethical "People's" corporation that places the environment and people first.
For example, we'll start coffee shacks and hire homeless people at $20 an hour. We can do this because of the tax exempt status and still make profits. Once we have 5-10 of these coffee shacks the publicity alone will drive us enough business that we can have free coffee Mondays all day long. This is how you take out Starbucks.
We plan on trolling Kickstarter for the next new thing in our town so we can back local innovations and perhaps hit a few bigger projects that turn into more businesses under the hybrid nonprofit.
Our first for profit is getting ready to launch this week. A commercial union construction company.
Eventually we want to collect businesses like a Monopoly game collects little green houses and red motels.
When we reach a certain point we do what other organizations do and create a separate 501(c)4 political action committee that researches, develops, introduces and wins hands down special issue ballot measure in our state.
We want to introduce a mandatory minimum sentence law for cops and politicians that break the law and we can do this on the state level backed by the funds our hybrid nonprofit creates.
The beauty of this is what I call "collateral benefit". Every move we make we will be able to help people. For instance, our construction company can start churning out mobile tiny homes for the homeless and give them away for free.
Capitalism hasn't worked because we have not been participating. You can be an ethical capitalist corporation that places the People and Environment first and be an example.
This is our Revolution.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I believe they are referring to the civil war over the succession of the southern states. Lincoln felt he had to hold the the union together at all costs and did so. The north hired foreigners to come in and fight for a price. By the end,both sides were throwing open the doors of the prisons for anyone who would fight for their side. A brutal bloody war that didn't get paid off until Vietnam.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

brilliant idea. have you started a thread about this? let me know when you are hiring. i would love to relocate and help this along.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

exactly. it was about power and control. obviously two motivations that still run the world. motivations that still drive countries to war, and people to their deaths.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

And how many of those things you rail against in your OP are actually supported by the majority of the public?

Seriously, you're going to claim that protecting children is an unpopular cause? That taxation is unfair, while you use the roads, enjoy public spaces, emergency services, a legal system, political process?

Here's what people like you don't seem to understand (and by "people like you" I mean constitution waving ranters looking for a revolution) you do not represent the wider public, that is what voting is for.

And yes, as I said just a couple of days ago in response to another thread like this, acting against the will of the people in an imagined crusade against the DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT would be deemed terrorism. You would be not unlike any other radical group seeking to usurp the democratic process to inflict your political ideals onto a society.

If you don't like the way your government is running things, protest, organize political opposition, create debate and discussion, run for office, do one of the many things you are entirely free to do in your free country (freedoms your democratic system affords you).

But, and this is the important part many people like you ignore, you don't get to decide what is best for your country and use force to achieve it, you don't get to take up arms against your government for an imagined political Utopian ideal, the moment you do that you are a terrorist.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

I like what you are trying,but it won't change it. I'm sorry to say that if you have a problem,you must go to the root of the problem and fix that first. Otherwise it will just keep on going. There are already organizations out there that are helping people. Has the government got any cleaner yet? No. We need laws in place to wipe out all the old guard from government and replace them. Make it unprofitable to be in congress because they can't be bought and sold anymore. Then you will start getting people in that want in there because they want to change things and make them better.Not because some oligarch told them too.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
There will never be a revolution that will change anything. The average citizen has already been programmed to see people that believe that the government isn't broken enough that it should be disbanded and replaced. The average citizen will look at someone that says the presidency is corrupt, congress is broken, and that big corporation owns every aspect of government as a 'tin foil' hat paranoid person.

So if a revolutionary group banded together in an effort to abolish the current system of government, public opinion would be completely against them. Because of that, it will always fail.

So long as people's minds are numbed by dumb television, internet, Xbox, and cat videos on Youtube, they will never have to face what's become a government nightmare.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing with me...that is a powerful story...I am glad you are fighting for your child...that little boy needs a good Dad like you.

As far as (final straws) go for the U.S...I think we have had several of them already...and they are stacking one on top of the other...and within a year (like I said before)...I think there is going to be major civil unrest in many cities in the U.S. and for a while it may be so bad...that many people will not leave their homes.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

i guess you believe that all these things "that i rail against" could happen with out the cooperation, or at least the aquiesence, of the people? when i see kids kidnapped from loving families and given to people who do abuse them, i can only imagine that people do support it, since they do nothing to stop it. i do not benefit from any of those things i am taxed for, with the exception of the roads. the other "benefits" you mentioned are a tool of the state to keep people oppresed, or an excuse to extort money from taxpayers. if i am "acting against the will of the people" by writing this op (you were the one jumping to conclusions about violence) then i guess you are against freedom of speech? you call me a "radical" for speaking my mind? you keep speaking of force. that is your types main tool, not mine, though i will stand and fight if i have to, even the lowliest of creatures exercisies that right. just because an uneducated and bribed part of the populace feels like you, doesn't mean i, or other citizens have to sit by and let your kind maintain the status quo.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

thank you. you are the kind of person i am trying to reach out to. we are not alone. the fact that we are ridiculed on a daily basis tells me that we are getting somewhere. already getting attacked on here, lol. i love motivation. yes, things are going to get serious soon. more people have awakened than i ever imagined would. even people who somewhat benefit from the current system are sensing something is wrong. it is only a matter of time before the psychopaths in control lash out because they are loosing that control. we just must remember to forgive those that get caught in the middle.
edit on 25-4-2015 by fixitwcw because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

sadly, you are correct about people being programmed to be a certain way. how do you think a determined, but small group of people could change that?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

and one more thing. what do you think the british monarchy considered the founding fathers?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Rocker is correct though. Public opinion will always be against any revolutionary group, regardless of which side they are on or what they represent. However, it's not because that's what the public is voting for. I would be willing to bet that most people vote just to say that they did. They have no idea of what the people they vote for are like, what their stances are, and what their records state.

The US government has become a giant, scary, dangerous, and confusing entity. People often choose the path of least resistance. Meaning that it's much easier to ignore the problems of government, and pretend that everything is fine. It's too scary to acknowledge that it's broken and in its current state, unrepairable.

That's why I say that so long as people have mind numbing entertainment and methods to distract from what's really going on in the government, there will be no successful revolution.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

A democracy is mob rule. The wills of the 51% being shoved down the throats of the 49%. How would revolution to enforce our beliefs be any different?

What do the revolutionaries want? Freedom for you and me. Sounds to me that the only reason people love and accept the system is because of the lovely perks and handout services it provided, fearful that change will take those things away.

If the cost of individual freedom is the populace being responsible for fixing their own roads, then by golly call me a terrorist all you want. The revolution doesn't keep you from doing anything, it only enables others to have the same opportunistic freedoms that you have without first asking permission from the mob who might not agree with their beliefs or lifestyles.

Freedom is the end result. Comments like yours make me imagine a slave ready to be freed yet begging his master to keep him. It's called Stockholm syndrome. It's nice because it is the only thing you've ever known.
edit on 4 25 15 by TheNewRevolution because: spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Sad to say but any successful revolution would first have to take away those means of distraction from the public. If they don't feel the burn in some way, they will never even pay attention.

There have beens plans and ideas for this presented and documented.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheNewRevolution

Sad to say but any successful revolution would first have to take away those means of distraction from the public. If they don't feel the burn in some way, they will never even pay attention.

There have beens plans and ideas for this presented and documented.

That still leaves this question: If the plans to take away the distractions were implemented, what would it take for that group to not be labeled as domestic terrorists?

As soon as a group claimed responsibility for it, public opinion would immediately be swayed against them. The public wouldn't want to hear nor would believe anything the group said.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheNewRevolution

i don't think anyone would have to take those things away. the government will probably do that anyway. the trick is how to use those distractions to benefit those like us.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I believe it will come before next election . I just cant put my finger on what. My strongest thought comes as there will be documents leaked , something like that. Perhaps leading to war or civil strife here and possibly around the world (I like to push this thought to the back of my mind) I wish I could have more information , but I have this strong feeling that something is going to occur , possibly spring - summer next year. I have been lurking on this site very little since day 1 with no impetus to join. (most threads I kinda just grinned at and left alone) . It has been about 4 years or more since I had even been on the site. The feelings I had pushed me back here and I joined.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

People have changed. I was just reading that 90% of the public want GMO foods to have labels but that those who supposedly represent the people have been listening to the paying lobbyists instead.

We don't have representatives anymore and we know this and no one seems to care they just reelect the same people over and over regardless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join