It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUPER MISSILES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   

New Weapons to Strike Global Targets From Space

Pentagon planners are seeking new weapons to rapidly strike targets around the globe within minutes. Some of these new weapons are being quietly fielded inside former Cold War systems that are slated for retirement due to strategic arms agreements with Russia.

The U.S. Air Force is currently evaluating the conversion of some Minuteman III strategic missiles from a nuclear role to a conventional precision-strike capacity.

The Minuteman missile has been the mainstay of the U.S. land-based leg of nuclear long-range missiles since the 1960s. Each of the solid-fueled missiles is capable of delivering up to three nuclear warheads within 300 feet of an intended target anywhere on Earth within 30 minutes from its launch from silos in America.

The Minuteman Elite program, although focused primarily on updating a small number of the nuclear-armed versions, has options that would allow Pentagon planners to use the intercontinental missiles as conventionally armed fast-reaction space forces.

The proposed conversion would replace Minuteman nuclear warheads with precision-guided conventional warheads that could strike targets within a one-meter-square area. Other options include a special "Common Aero Vehicle" shell that could deliver from space-penetrating warheads, small-diameter bombs and cruise missiles, or even unmanned aerial reconnaissance drones.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE MISSILES

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think that since the eighties, some minuteman 2 or 3 are already fitted with satellites to replace those who are alredy in orbit and can be destroyed if there is a war.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
haarp will eliminate all need for missiles

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
I think that since the eighties, some minuteman 2 or 3 are already fitted with satellites to replace those who are alredy in orbit and can be destroyed if there is a war.

I remeber reading about some minutemans which were fitted with radio transmitters which were a backup for the NMCC. During a nuclear war these missiles would be launched and start transmitting the codes for the nuclear triad. This was just in case the established means of communication were knocked out.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I remeber reading about some minutemans which were fitted with radio transmitters which were a backup for the NMCC. During a nuclear war these missiles would be launched and start transmitting the codes for the nuclear triad. This was just in case the established means of communication were knocked out.

They are pretty smart in the USAF.

Originally posted by tututkamen
haarp will eliminate all need for missiles

Yeah, and who will launch the satellites ? The HAARP system may be ?

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think that the starwars program is much more then just to knock out ICBM'S I believe it has a ground attack cappabilities also

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
I think that the starwars program is much more then just to knock out ICBM'S I believe it has a ground attack cappabilities also

Well, I guess the unltimate dream of the military would be to have a global staellite based laser system capable of destroying pinpoint targets on the ground,air or sea.

I read a great book called Peacemaker

www.stopskyjackers.com...

I thinks its out of print, but it was a very interesting book which shows what could happen if the US had Star Wars dominance.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

I thinks its out of print, but it was a very interesting book which shows what could happen if the US had Star Wars dominance.

Ok. And it was good for the whole world or not ?

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Ok. And it was good for the whole world or not ?

No, the Russians weren't happy so they tried to test its capablities. They made the NK launch an attack into the South. During this attack the Soviets fired ASAT missiles at one of the 12 laser platforms. One missile got through destroying a platform. In retaliation peacemaker ( which has limited AI ) destroys the NK military convboys all the way back into Taejong creating a firestorm killing 500,000 people. The laser are so precise they can target people size objects.

It ends with the inventor chaning the access codes and transmitting a portion to every countries emabssy in the world. After that he programs peacemaker to destro in 1 years time every object producing more heat than a motorbike. This would effectively throw back man a hundred years and cause millions of deaths. So his theory was, the world has to work together to stop this happening and if they couldn't then so be it.
However at the very end of the book the NSA chief reports to the President taht they have intercepted 80% of the access codes and their supercomputers will have found the rest within 6 months.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   

1) No, the Russians weren't happy so they tried to test its capablities. They made the NK launch an attack into the South. During this attack the Soviets fired ASAT missiles at one of the 12 laser platforms. One missile got through destroying a platform.

2) In retaliation peacemaker ( which has limited AI ) destroys the NK military convboys all the way back into Taejong creating a firestorm killing 500,000 people. The laser are so precise they can target people size objects.

3) It ends with the inventor chaning the access codes and transmitting a portion to every countries emabssy in the world. After that he programs peacemaker to destro in 1 years time every object producing more heat than a motorbike. This would effectively throw back man a hundred years and cause millions of deaths. So his theory was, the world has to work together to stop this happening and if they couldn't then so be it.

4) However at the very end of the book the NSA chief reports to the President taht they have intercepted 80% of the access codes and their supercomputers will have found the rest within 6 months.

1) Of course. If I was them, it's exactely what I'll do.

2) Ouch.

3) Yes, a great idea on the first look but finally a stupid one. Too much dangerous. Anyway, I wonder how a single man would be able to do that.

4) Read point 1.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If you can get you hands on the book UP it really is in a class of its own. What I have typed is just a very brief description of the book, overlooking many other engagements, including the attempted assassination of the President by the FBI Director, using the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team.

Awesome Read

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The book is out of sales.

Tomorrow, I've to go somewhere where ( I'm damn sure ) there is a big second hand books market. I'll ask them.

I need a french version.

new topics

top topics

join