It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic boom over UK - Tuesday 21/12/04

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I don't know how usual or unusual it is for a plane to go supersonic above or near populated land whilst testing. I thought they weren't allowed to go supersonic so close to major cities.
I've talked to a few people today that heard and felt the sonic boom, I never mtself I was inside. Of course there could be another reason and their using the typhoon testing as an excuse.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What is the least populated area in the UK and where is the AFB located for testing purposes? E.G. Groomlake/Nellis AFB?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The base where the Typhoon OTU and OCU are working up is BAE Systems Warton aerodrome, formerly the home airfield of English Electric who did the Lightning, Canberra and TSR 2, which is in Lancashire. The only unpopulated area nearby is the Irish Sea I suppose, though the Yorkshire Moors and the Lake District aren't too far away.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The Eurofight is being developed in a place called Preston, it's not far from Scotland, Cumbria. These are the least populated areas but as we're only an Island I'd have thought if they wanted to test supersonic flight it would have been better 100 miles out at sea and not in the Irish sea which seperate the UK from Ireland.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The Scottish highlands are hardly teeming with life.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
How bizare ,these SONIC BOOMS are becoming more regular.But there doesnt seem too be any answers?It really gets you wondering what the_ is happening around the globe. Does this affect marine mammals eg dolphins , whales with there sonar?? Whitley strieber has some great information on these occuring sonic booms ,which I found worth reading. I live in a valley in Queensland Australia roughly 60 klms from coast.We felt and heard a sonic boom which was meant to have been some testing off coast .What testing,the news fills everyone with garbage and the sad thing is there are so many drones which believe.

Here are a two links- www.unknowncountry.com...
www.unknowncountry.com...

top topics

join