It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Legal Opinion regarding Firearms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
But don't try to claim it makes a society as a whole safer, or less prone to crime. Because the facts don't support that "opinionated" claim.

Please point out where I've made that claim in this thread or retract that statement.

Don't put words into my mouth to discredit my position.

Intellectual dishonesty does nothing but clarify to everyone how weak your argument truly is.

I've said multiple times that greater availability of guns does not lead to higher overall crime rates. That's VASTLY different than claiming that greater availability of guns makes society safer and less prone to crime. I wouldn't make that claim because the facts supporting it are sketchy, at best. There are, however, many cases where stricter gun laws had no effect on homicide rates.

Source 1
Source 2... Everyone on both sides should read this.
edit on 4/26/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

But don't try to claim it makes a society as a whole safer, or less prone to crime. Because the facts don't support that "opinionated" claim.

Please point out where I've made that claim in this thread or retract that statement.

That last comment wasn't necessarily directed at you, it was just a general comment. Because I have heard the NRA make that claim, as well as many people on this site.

I've got no issue if people are passionate about there gun rights. Just so long as there not making claims that aren't based on reality.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

That last comment wasn't necessarily directed at you, it was just a general comment. Because I have heard the NRA make that claim, as well as many people on this site.

I've got no issue if people are passionate about there gun rights. Just so long as there not making claims that aren't based on reality.

I appreciate the mature response. I never make claims that aren't backed by facts because that is how one loses credibility. Unfortunately, some people from both sides of the issue aren't as diligent.

Honestly, if you want to know why U.S. gun owners feel the way we do, please read the second source I offered in my post at the top of this page. There are a lot of facts there that even I was unaware of and it's a real eye-opener. Everything is neatly laid-out without walls of text to scroll through and all the information is properly vetted with sources and unbiased data... a rare thing in such a polarizing debate.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The article says you can sue... but winning is a whole different story.

You can sue for just about anything but getting a judge to side with your idiotic reasoning is the hard part.

This part sounds like total BS:
Additionally, if a Building Owner does not put up a sign, you are at increased risk of being a victim of a gun incident at your place of business, where you shop or where you live.

I'd love to see the data used by the law firm to claim that you're more likely to be shot in a place that doesn't have a "no guns allowed" policy. Here's a quick run-down of some high-profile mass shootings that have occurred in places where guns weren't allowed:

-Sandy Hook (27 killed)
-Ft. Hood (13 killed)
-Aurora, CO movie theater shooting (12 killed)
-Virginia Tech (32 killed)
-Columbine (13 killed)

Those are just the high-profile mass killings. There are many many more examples that weren't as highly publicized.

The law firm has an obvious agenda.

Yes, it is a trick with numbers that I guess is technicay probably true. I don't often see no gun signs on buildings, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the overwhelming majority DONT put no gun signs up, so yes, you are moteimely to be shot in a place that has a no gun sign, because when 90 out of a hundred places don't have a sign, you can still be robbed.

Statistics can say anything. Part of the reason I try not to use them. But Liberals like to try to sound educated.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
IF you want to read an interesting opinion here it is.

1. It is illegal to harm or kill someone. So much in fact there are so many laws regarding so LAWYERS make billions per year.

2. Via American politics, and mob rule the 'few' lobby us in to making MORE LAWS for something that is already illegal see 1.

3. Ban things for what the action of has already been deemed illegal.

In the United States of Dysfunctionia that makes sense to the mob.

For the record laws don't stop anything. Neither do 'gun free zone' signs.

They don't stop 'gun' violence. That made up term by politicos.

They don't stop anything.

What they do is hold people accountable for the actions of someone else.

And that is what the call 'justice'.

But hey frivilous lawsuits is what makes America great!

People get to sue others that have no fault of their own.

And people wonder why lawyers get a bad rep.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
After reading some of the posts here, I'd like to tell about an incident that I was involved in several years ago.

I worked in a late shift in a convenience store Monday thru Thursday. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I worked as an armed guard. One night I get a weird phone call, so I go out to my car and bring in my pistol. A few hours later I see a man out by the gas pumps waving a knife. Just as I reach for the phone to call the police, he comes into the store, waving his knife and demands that I open the cash register. I reach under the counter and pull out my pistol. He promptly wets himself and drops the knife. I tell him to get on his knees with his hands behind his head and I call the police. When the police get there and have him cuffed in the car, the one cop told me that I should have shot him as soon as he came into the store.

The store owner shows up, tells me to go home. I'm home about 15 minutes when I get a call telling me that I've been fired for violating store policy because I had a gun. The store owner then drops the charges against the guy who tried to rob me.
Two months later the same guy robs, beats and rapes the girl who replaced me.

If I had to do it all over, I'd shoot the SOB.
edit on 27-5-2015 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join