It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native Actors Walk off Set of Adam Sandler Movie After Insults to Women, Elders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

Oh now c'mon, you've never heard the Chanukah song?

*NSFW Lyrics*

My favorite is Ode To My Car. It describes every car I've ever owned before my new baby my dad got me for my birthday and Christmas for the next two years. LOL And yeah, we've all owned at least one of these junkers. LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

originally posted by: iwilliam

originally posted by: RossWellOldMexico
Sandler sucks. He was never funny and his career is going to $h!+. That is why Sandler is making movies on the Internet channel like Netflix.

Had you not noticed that internet entities like Netflix and Amazon are becoming respectable players in Film and TV production?

Netflix has had at least a couple acclaimed series so far. The only one I've personally watched was "Orange Is The New Black," but that was certainly on par with much of the stuff I've seen from the more traditional TV-channel productions of companies like HBO and SHOWTIME. Certainly not the kind of low-budget crap people think of when they hear "straight to video."

Things continue the way they do, some of these internet entities could become major players in the industry. Welcome to The Digital Era.

Netflix is too good for Adam. They will fire him because the hype won't meet expectations.

So far they're standing by Adam and essentially told the day players to take a hike. So, we'll see.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: iwilliam

Sandler's days of a bankable star for a major movie studio have ended. That is why he doing movies on Netflix.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Does he mention his faith 20 times in this movie too?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: olaru12

I wondered after posting that whether unions were involved.
Even at $9/hr I'm sure there would be many wanting the work given the economic situation mostface.

No unions involved. And there are plenty of background/extras and the ones that know set etiquette and keep their mouths shut can find plenty of paid projects to work on. Not all of the NAs on set agree with the few malcontents. They knew it was a comedy and were happy to get their paychecks and a little time on the silver screen.

The 12 folks with the PC agenda were still paid even though they walked off set. Of course they are on every movie DNC [do not call] list in the state. No production company or indy filmmaker will hire them again....ever.

edit on 26-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join