It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native Actors Walk off Set of Adam Sandler Movie After Insults to Women, Elders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Bond = Pussy Galore and the Austin Powers version = Alotta Fagina.

People are just too damn sensitive today.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm offended by every sitcom that has a stupid fat white man and a wife that's way out of his league.
Tell them to suck it up and do the job that they obviously where willing to get paid for but didn't bother reading the script.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ill admit I'm not a big fan of Sandlers bathroom humor. Maybe his next movie will have black face, its ok to make fun or everyone right?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
You give Mel brooks a genius label be you gotta admit he made some stinkers to.

I was going to call BS but then I remembered he made this turd. Yup.

I actually happened to enjoy that steaming pile of turd, thank you very much! LOL

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

I'm offended by every sitcom that has a stupid fat white man and a wife that's way out of his league.
Tell them to suck it up and do the job that they obviously where willing to get paid for but didn't bother reading the script.

Background and dayplayers don't get to read the script. Production companies are very careful to keep scripts out of unauthorized hands. Even the crew are just given dailies not scripts and we have to sign ND agreements that are strictly enforced.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Best possible outcome?

Another terrible sandler movie wont make it to release.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I'm offended by every sitcom that has a stupid fat white man

That reminds me... I heard the new 'Paul Blart, Mall Cop' movie recieved the worst rating ever on Rotten Tomatoes.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Or, more likely, we'll only be able to use humor against certain narrow groups at which point it becomes mean-spirited because no one else gets made fun of.

Read: Whites and Christians. Yep. We are already there.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Best possible outcome?

It will be released. The deals have already been finalized or it never would have made it to production. And a few disgruntled Native Americans won't even slow the shooting schedule. They will be replaced by anglos in makeup if need be.

Red6 will go straight to cable and DVD, destined for the European markets. They love this kind of movie in Europe and the Orient. This movie as bad as it is will make millions. They don't care about US releases. I work on lots of movies made here in Tamalewood that are never even considered for the US markets. It's a big world out there!!! I have worked on British, Italian, German, Peruvian, Japanese and Bollywood movies and TV all shot here in New Mexico. Reasonably priced permits, great crews and actors, Tax incentives, Great weather and beautiful landscapes, locations and towns built especially for films, state of the art soundstages, etc.

Digital has changed everything!
edit on 24-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Agreed. And c'mon, Blazing Saddles anyone? They made fun of EVERYONE!

I think South Park takes the cake there, and the applie pie, and the donuts LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Biigs
Best possible outcome?

It will be released. The deals have already been finalized or it never would have made it to production. And a few disgruntled Native Americans won't even slow the shooting schedule. They will be replaced by anglos in makeup if need be.

Red6 will go straight to cable and DVD, destined for the European markets. They love this kind of movie in Europe and the Orient. This movie as bad as it is will make millions. They don't care about US releases. I work on lots of movies made here in Tamalewood that are never even considered for the US markets. It's a big world out there!!! I have worked on British, Italian, German, Peruvian, Japanese and Bollywood movies and TV all shot here in New Mexico. Reasonably priced permits, great crews and actors, Tax incentives, Great weather and beautiful landscapes, locations and towns built especially for films, state of the art soundstages, etc.

Digital has changed everything!

Actually if I recall, it's being made for Netflix. I can imagine overseas may or may not get it online, depends on Netflix market.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

edit on 24-4-2015 by JdSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm trying in my mind to imagine being on the set of a black comedy (as a while male) and being asked to read a script with derogatory, racist, and downright cruel lines against my own skin color.

I mean, I know it's a comedy -- but do I really want to lower myself that way? I dunno...

I might say, "thanks, but I can't be the moronic white guy being made fun of this time".

But, I do think we as a people overall take ourselves way to seriously. So, as long as the pay was good, I'd probably be able to shut up and make an ass out of myself for the cash.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

A broken clock is right twice a day. Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison.

Of all the Adam Sandler movies, those are the two you choose. Billy Madison wasn't too horrible, but Happy Gilmore...Shudders.

My husband Loathes him, and despite there only being a few movies by him I like, I tend to defend him. Once upon a time he didn't seem as detached from the rest of us as most celebrities are. However, this article suggests he has been in Hollywood too long.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
adam sandler could sit and grin at the camera for 2 hours and i'd watch it. lol

50 first dates. full movie. hehehehe

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
As I said, pay me enough and I'll do just about anything.

Everyone has a price...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
50 First Dates is the only Adam Sandler movie I like, the rest suck, it's like he's trying to hard to be funny it just makes me cringe.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Only one thing worse than sandler in a sandler movie and thats other actors like rob schneider in it, hes just so bad he makes my eyes roll to the point i think they might fall out and disown me.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wow
Why the hate
Some people didnt want to do the job they were asked to do and they quit

Good on them for refusing
Seriously should they have to do what someone asks them because its a movie by a comedian.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Is Adam Sandler still relevant as a comedian? His material is all the same. It was funny when it was new but you can only watch the same old same old only so much. The Native Americans did the right thing. Let him finish his washed up movie alone. Next time he won't let his mouth overload his ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join