It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truly, truly; You shall see heaven opened

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I am with you on what you said .Like you I have a hard time listening to most sermons as they are usually just repetition .I do how ever find myself or have in the past ,struggling with some things inside .Trying to resolve or get Closure to two differing thoughts about the same subject . Micheal Heiser is a very technical guy and so digging down into the text will sometimes resolve these small issues .

It has always been easy for me to get stuck in a rut of sorts .People like William Lane Craig and What Is Molinism? helped in philosophical ways . Micheal Heiser helps in confusing passages . It's great that with the internet we can go in search and be lead to these great teachers .It's seldom the same old same old sermon .

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

It's great that with the internet we can go in search and be lead to these great teachers .It's seldom the same old same old sermon .

Okaaay…

except when I start into these hour long "lectures", right away, they don't have a conclusion or stated goal then back it up with their reasoning they lead on and on never getting to the point until the end. I don't have that kind of time these days.

I need to know what the point of it is up front. He's going to show me how to interpret said prophecy… the foretelling of Jesus birth. Right away I'm like thats nice but how do I know if that was written before it happened or after?

God forbid we should look at something as yet unfulfilled, like revelations. Personally I think it is being fulfilled in our time, but thats beside the point.

Maybe you could tell me where to look in the video where he summates or concludes whatever point he's making? The other part of me cries, don't do it, you been down this read before, its others interpretations and theres a million of those.

See part of me needs to adhere to certain scripture but not like others may understand it.

Theres the, seek the kingdom within (through my soul), not without (man made religion).

Another is the compliment Jesus paid Peter for learning something from the spirit, not men…

another is Solomons, of writing books there is no end and study is weariness to the soul.

Be still and know…

these things add up in my mind and I have found them to be good guide posts.

edit on 26-4-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I think the spiritual role of a teacher within the church is not so much of what to believe but how to be a teacher .This fulfills and truly builds the body up .Heiser over most of his lectures gives clues to the small but very important points to look for and how to look . For most of his lectures he is focused on one part that ties all the rest into the narrative . Detu.32:8 ... Going back into Gen. armed with that one piece of scripture allows a person to make sense of man's history and God's interaction through the Hebrews . The divine council and the regathering of all people's and tongues back to recreate Eden .

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I think the spiritual role of a teacher within the church is not so much of what to believe but how to be a teacher .

The role of teacher is to teach you how to do things for yourself, not to make you dependent on their teachings (which are never ending and designed to keep you dependent on their knowledge).

Thanks fro the chat, I'm out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join