It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Congress Strips Women and Gays of Rights Under Guise of ‘Religious Freedom’

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why do you equate not wanting to participate in gay marriage discrimination?

Not participating in gay marriage is a BIT different than denying someone the ability to marry who they want.

Didn't know businesses had that power and ability to do that.

Golly!

I didn't know that businesses could worship religions until last year. So there's that.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Not participating in gay marriage is a BIT different than denying someone the ability to marry who they want.

Golly!

I didn't know that businesses could worship religions until last year. So there's that.

Business owners. . . . *cough*

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You can't honestly be as stupid as your posts suggest?
It must be wilful trolling and intentional obtuseness.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels

I'm all for equal freedoms.

Not special treatment for one group over another.

You think that's stupid, well go for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Why do you equate selling a plain wedding cake to participating in a gay wedding? Are they actually at the wedding? Are they marrying a same sex partner? Are they wishing the couple luck in their marriage? Are they announcing support for it? Are they doing a single thing other than selling someone a cake?

I mean really, in what way are they truly participating? Is dollar tree participating in a gay wedding if someone buys their napkins there?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

How can you NOT equate refusing to sell the same product or service to a certain group that you sell to everyone else with discrimination? That is the very definition of discrimination.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

If that is true then why do support treating others as if they are not equal???

If you are being honest in what you say then why would you support special treatment for Religious Freedom rather than the Freedom of every Individual regardless of their faith or lack there of???

What is stupid is claiming "Equal Freedom" while placing "Religious Freedom" above all others. Either it's equal or it's not.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Why do you equate selling a plain wedding cake to participating in a gay wedding? Are they actually at the wedding? Are they marrying a same sex partner? Are they wishing the couple luck in their marriage? Are they announcing support for it? Are they doing a single thing other than selling someone a cake?

I mean really, in what way are they truly participating? Is dollar tree participating in a gay wedding if someone buys their napkins there?

Catering, selling, decorating a cake is a tacit endorsement which some feel, violates their religious beliefs.

Now these bakers did NOT say that anyone couldn't have a cake, they just didn't feel that it was appropriate per their religious views.

As I've always stated, it is their right. I think it's stupid. But everyone has the right to be stupid.

Now we're seeing laws that target orientations and religious preferences.

We have government involved.

YAY!

Because government never does anything fracking wrong, we'll just have to wait and see what freedoms eventually get taken away because LGBT doesn't respect religious people and religious people don't respect LGBT folks.

Frankly, I'm pissed at both.

I'm not surprized, however, with the reaction to some to demonize an entire religion and gleefully celebrate any potential loss of religious freedoms.

That sickens me.

But then again, those people hate the idea of individuality and respect anyway.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Golly!

...aren't a business. A business is more than just the owners. The employees are also part of that business and to blatantly say that the business owners' religion is representative of the employees is in itself religious discrimination. By the way, I think you need a cough drop for that cough you got going on.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Golly!

...aren't a business. A business is more than just the owners. The employees are also part of that business and to blatantly say that the business owners' religion is representative of the employees is in itself religious discrimination. By the way, I think you need a cough drop for that cough you got going on.

Just say a prayer for me.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Why on earth is it an employers job to pay for you to have sex?? Or for that matter prevent you from getting pregnant seems to me thats a personal decision. God just get them to include oh I don't know vision as standard instead of extra now there is a law I can buy my own condoms.

I noticed you skipped over my post from yesterday when we were talking, so I'll ask again.

Why is it a problem for Birth Control but not an issue for Erectile Dysfunction Drugs, or Implants or Devices???

Why are Boner Pills for old men covered but not Birth Control for young women???

Getting hard isn't a health issue either, it's a choice. A sexual choice just like choosing to take birth control. So why is one covered without problems while the other isn't???

Where is your outrage about that???

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
What progress are you talking about exactly? Moral decay?

No one is taking away your right to kill babies.

And what is moral decay IN YOUR OPINION, that's the point. I see it as moral enlightenment to realize everyone has a right to make their own choices. how would you like it if Muslims became the majority in your town and voted to close all businesses during daylight hours during Ramadan?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

That's exactly what you are advocating , the rights of religious groups to discriminate over another group. You are for giving religious groups special rights.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

That's exactly what you are advocating , the rights of religious groups to discriminate over another group. You are for giving religious groups special rights.

Thank you.

I am so sick of people calling this "special" rights for LGBT.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I tell everyone what..

I'll stay here with all the LGBT who just want freedom, and all the other Americans who just want freedom to.

Those who want a nanny state, can go right back across the pond cause its sitting right there for ya! Already established!

Its what our forefathers fought and died against.. and this patch of land is the very last bastion of freedom left in the world. I am not leaving, nor will I give up.

If any LGBT cannot get a fricken cake I will make them one.. and we can all live happily ever after in our free country - fighting for everyone to be free..fighting for each others rights

see the rest of you all later.. we will get a go fund for all your all's plane tickets!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
I found an interesting article here:
California Caterer Refuses to Serve Gay Wedding Over 'Christian Beliefs'

Right.

At this time discrimination laws do not apply to an online business.

However, that could change.

It's already being looked into.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

So it's a nanny state that has laws against murder, theft and discrimination? What do you call a country that allows the freedom to do all those things? Oh yeah - Somalia. No thanks - I'll stay here in a country with laws.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: OpinionatedB

So it's a nanny state that has laws against murder, theft and discrimination? What do you call a country that allows the freedom to do all those things? Oh yeah - Somalia. No thanks - I'll stay here in a country with laws.

Seriously!

People really don't think when they blurt this stuff out.

I'm sure we'd all like less laws, but there is a reason we have them.

I'm definitely not a supporter of chaos and tribalism.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Hate speech and death threats are not included in freedom of speech. There are limits, not absolute freedom of speech. And no, you do not have the right to get bakeries to go against discrimination laws to write discriminating things on a cake.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join