It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Congress Strips Women and Gays of Rights Under Guise of ‘Religious Freedom’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Just because of group of small minded people wrote some words down claiming they have the "right" to behave like jerks doesn't mean anyone's inherent Rights have been superseded....unless of course, those people being targeted actually believe this level of bull#tery and buy into the "game".

Anyone can sit and write all sorts of ego-driven crap and unless someone believes in it enough, it's just idle scratches on paper.

Come on.
We're smarter than that.

ETA: On the positive side, at least we know know where these "lawmakers" and their adherents and constituents really stand. I propose making "I'm an Arrogant Power Mad Bigot" shirt and sending a bulk of them to these folks offices.

Shame on them.
Seriously.
Shame shame shame.

edit on 4/25/15 by GENERAL EYES because: ETA - minor clarifications - formatting

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Then that person should be happy to stop being a baker, as their religion doesn't allow then to be a baker and follow the law. Its not as dramatic as having to give up their life, just a job they can't do within the law.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Just make the damned thumpers shut up and serve you!

You don't pay them to have them preach or behave in a certain manner!

F### their religion!

They don't deserve nor do they require any respect.

They just simply need to shut the f### up and do what you pay them to do!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Just make the damned thumpers shut up and serve you!

You don't pay them to have them preach or behave in a certain manner!

F### their religion!

They don't deserve nor do they require any respect.

They just simply need to shut the f### up and do what you pay them to do!

Sounds like someone has went beyond pouting

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What's with the pouting?

I'm agreeing with you!

F### respect! I've tried saying it forever and people just can't stand the concept any longer.

So I'm agreeing with you!

Business is now the bitch of the customer.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Have fun..gonna take for awhile, hrs, days, weeks or months..you can never tell with the way life is

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
whether you realize it or not... these laws protect everyone in one form or another... sure, a Muslim is better suited to a Muslim owned business.. but according to the left.. Muslims are not allowed to be Muslims in their own place of business.. because the business itself should be secular..same with Christians according to you, same with atheists who have morals according to you..same with the satanist who needs a special day off for some satanist type of holiday...again, according to you...

Its a big wide door you are willing to open.. these laws exist because they were necessary for one reason or another...

Wait a second. Where did I say Christians can't be Christians or Muslims can't be Muslims??? For the most part I've just been asking questions so far so don't go accusing me of anything. I already said that if the establishment is representing some Religious affiliation they have every right to do what that religion wants to do. But if it's non-religious business, thereby making it secular or simply non affiliated and open to the general public then why should it have to make allowances for Religion still. If I have a secular business why do I still have to abide by religious rules??? Why don't religious people ever have to accommodate secular institutions and their rules??

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I am using many examples for the uses of those laws..

basically its a law that says - respect one another...

now you want to say, respect only in this situation but not this one, or respect for this person but not that person... or respect only for me but not for anyone else...

in mutual respect.. there are times you will hear no.. there are times your religion or lack of it will disqualify you from a job, there are times your sexual orientation will disqualify you from your job (the LGBT crowd DOES their own form of discriminating in employment as well here..with them if you are not LGBT and they control employment a straight person cannot get hired) there are times for many things..

but for the most part, its just plain if this place is not for you, it really is fine to go down the road.. I have had to, both because of my religion and my sexual orientation.. and neither made me mad.. it is their right, and it wasn't like I couldn't go down the road to freindlier pastures...

it is a choice between freedom that respects the rights of others (not just yourself) or communism where the state dictates everything to you...

I am for freedom.. my religion or lack of it is not the governments place to dictate, nor how I choose to practice it, or not..

everyone discriminates.. even Hooters... sometimes, you just go down the road because that place simply isn't right for you..

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

This is what really bugs me about this whole thing. Why pick on gay weddings when there isn't even anything in the Bible about gay weddings? Everyone always pulls out the quote from Jesus about not divorcing, which has zilch to do with gay weddings. There's plenty of stuff directly about adultery, divorce, sex before marriage - the bakers and florists and pizza restaurant owners don't seem to be too concerned about that though, do they?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

everyone discriminates.. even Hooters

LOL reminds me of that episode on King of the Hill where Hooters hired Dale as waitress.

Who would want to see a ugly man in that clothing? LOL

edit on 4/25/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

basically its a law that says - respect one another...

now you want to say, respect only in this situation but not this one, or respect for this person but not that person... or respect only for me but not for anyone else...

Really?? Because it seems like it's YOU who are saying respect only in such in such situation. If it's about respecting one another where is your respect for someone who is Gay and wants to marry just like anyone else??? They aren't asking for anything special that nobody else gets. They just want the same thing everyone else get's to have. Anyone other than them can get married and buy wedding cakes. So why can't Gay people have the same respect and same freedoms as the rest of us???

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It's a choice between non-discrimination or discrimination (no gays, no Blacks, no women, etc.).

Many are supporting discrimination with a nice word like "freedom".

There's no freedom to kill , nor discriminate - and that is a good thing for society.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

It's a choice between non-discrimination or discrimination (no gays, no Blacks, no women, etc.).

Many are supporting discrimination with a nice word like "freedom".

There's no freedom to kill , nor discriminate - and that is a good thing for society.

Well, actually there are those freedoms but they are limited in their usage. You can kill, in fact you can kill in the name of freedom actually, but you have to do it in the military and you can only kill certain targets. You can also discriminate as well, but that is limited to certain institutions like Religions that are allowed to discriminate if they are representing that religion as it's primary focus.

Where it's not allowed is in the general secular society where there is equal protection. With all things being protected equally nobody is special and nobody get's special treatment. When everyone is special, nobody is special. It's only when someone want's to be Special and different is when you have this.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
And these people have the nerve to complain about Sharia law taking over America. As long as it's Christian law it's fine to drive America back to the stone age just as long as it isn't Muslim law. Too bad the founders aren't around to slap some sense into these delusional nutcases.

Most politicians, regardless of party are delusional nut cases...we used to put people who were that way into institutions for treatment, now we just drug and release them - some of them make it into politics. Just take a look at Washington for proof...lol

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

blah blah blah im sick of this liberal hysteria.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: brice

Historically, in democratic countries around the world, 'rights' are established in founding charters and supplementary legislation because of 'due deliberation' regarding the long term betterment of an inclusive, cohesive society.

'Rights' are intentionally established to protect the entirety from an individual's or sub-group's myopic 'values'.

An emphasis on rights ensures long term security of all as a common society.
An emphasis on values encourages division and short term supremacy of a few over the majority over the long term.

Quoted for truth !

Key words here folks: "inclusive" and "cohesive"

Without those simple basic principles, a society/country/tribe/community cannot and will not survive (or thrive), longevity-wise. Without those simple basic principles, you will have nothing but chaos and division amongst the peoples.

It's a fricken no-brainer.

Excellent post, brice, and excellent points you brought to the forefront.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kingofching

Yeah, it drove King George crazy.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The only thing I've taken from this entire issue is,ONCE AGAIN, that we're now a country of candy a$$es with tissue paper thin skin, that can't take care of ourselves, and need big daddy government to take care of us. What a sad world this has become.

Oh and as a business owner, I would like to correct whoever it was early in this thread claiming that I've signed ANYTHING saying that I gave up my rights when I went into business, I can guarantee you I signed no such thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EverydayInVA

Oh and as a business owner, I would like to correct whoever it was early in this thread claiming that I've signed ANYTHING saying that I gave up my rights when I went into business, I can guarantee you I signed no such thing.

You don't have to sign anything. As a citizen who is dealing with the general public in your business, you are subject to Federal, State and local non-discrimination laws for public accommodation. Federal laws deal with non-discrimination based on race, color, religion or national origin. State laws vary, but some will add sexual orientation and people with disabilities as protected groups for non-discrimination. You do NOT have the right to discriminate against someone in your business based on their color, religion or national origin, and depending on your state, possibly sexual orientation as well. Like it or not, that's just the law.
edit on 26-4-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EverydayInVA
The only thing I've taken from this entire issue is,ONCE AGAIN, that we're now a country of candy a$$es with tissue paper thin skin, that can't take care of ourselves, and need big daddy government to take care of us. What a sad world this has become.

I agree. People need to toughen up and quit crying about being persecuted and worrying about who someone else is marrying. It's got nothing to do with them in the first place. They should also grow up and stop believing in fairy tales about angels and demons too.

They should stop passing laws under the guise of Religious Freedom when really it's all about Legalized Discrimination and Bullying. They don't need Big Daddy Government to pass more laws protecting them when they are already protected and have Religious Freedom.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join