It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New PayPal user agreement ( LOL ) Skepticoverlord clarified.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Can someone with a better understanding tell me what this means?

Granted the source is Prison Planet.. the only other sources are only stating that EBay and PayPal are becoming 2 separate entities.

So in a nutshell. What I get is PayPal will have the Copyright to ownership and intellectual of anyone who uses the service.

“When providing us with content or posting content (in each case for publication, whether on- or off-line) using the Services, you grant the PayPal Group a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, database rights and intellectual property rights you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future. Further, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your moral rights and promise not to assert such rights against the PayPal Group, its sublicensees or assignees. You represent and warrant that none of the following infringe any intellectual property right: your provision of content to us, your posting of content using the Services, and the PayPal Group’s use of such content (including of works derived from it) in connection with the Services.”

Got me thinking because ATS uses this service. So does ATS now belong to PayPal? Anyone who contributed to ATS's funds.... does the work contributed to good threads now belong to PayPal.
I'm probably over thinking it.

Source.. www.prisonplanet.com...

Can anyone else verify the legitimacy of this?

edit on 24-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What a surprise, Prison Planet got it wrong. Of course, it shouldn't be a surprise because they've fallen to the lowest level of click-bait paranoid hyperbole over the past few years.

originally posted by: Bigburgh
“When providing us with content or posting content (in each case for publication, whether on- or off-line) using the Services, you grant the PayPal Group a non-exclusive…"

Emphasis mine.

First, the wording specifies content, not transactions. Your PayPal transactions are not content intended for publication. There are many areas in PayPal where users can provide reviews of business and such. This would apply to that.

Second, the non-exclusive indicates that you grant a copyright license for PayPayl to use what you posted, otherwise, technically, they couldn't use it -- even for the use intended, reviewing a business. If it said exclusive, then yes, that would a concern as it implies ownership.

Stupid Prison Planet being Stupid.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Got Dwolla?
source: www.dwolla.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thank you this helps. figured you would know best..

How do I move this to LOL or hoax bin?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Well, I have an account that I havent used for several years, but first thing tomorrow It'll be deleted!

I suspect it means they own anything you send via their system ?

top topics

join