It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: The United States Is The Most Significant Threat to Humanity

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Fantastic post.

What a shame that most people cannot see who the real enemies are.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
And the biggest threat for americans too. Corporations, defense industry works to keep american people blind. Away from reality.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I`m not surprised with the result that people outside the US voted in majority for the US, and also not that Americans voted not in majority for the US.

If you look at the last few decades a lot of wars have an American stamp of approval on it...just think about General Wesley Clark his remarks, "Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries In Five Years," so it makes sense to vote for the US when other "threats" haven`t by far been showing the same level of aggression.

And also take in account how easily a substantial part of Americans follow their leaders blindly into war, and US being the most voted is just logical. Too bad the Americans themselves on this forum follow exactly the same pattern as in the run up to the Iraq War. The number is about the same as back then with whom was against the War in Iraq in the US.

About 1/3 of a population shows in general to have a decent amount of awareness about what goes on in life/the World, and just as with the Iraq War and the poll here, the voting pattern follows the same line. So it makes one think that no lesson was actually (it`s easy to fool yourself) learned from the Iraqi War.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Dangerous.

But not dangerous enough not to accept foreign aid from us.

When some of that "foreign aid" is the military and thinly veiled threats then yes it is dangerous.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

How really sad that your disdain for America is so visible.

We, the people, can't be blamed for the policies of our nefarious leaders, although Americans sure have gotten lazy about protesting.

Still and all, hating America's people doesn't make much sense.

The computer you're typing on was invented in America. So was your cell phone. And your car. And your television set. And probably you're listening to American music.

Listen, friend. The guiding spiritual principle in the universe is that we are all one. We're your brothers and sisters. Until you realize that, and most people realize that, the world will continue on its horrible little way.
edit on 25-4-2015 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Canada more of a threat than the UK, they don't even have nukes

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Canada more of a threat than the UK, they don't even have nukes

Well you did burn DC down once with our help

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Meduzi

Yes, partisanship is what it's called I believe?

Democracy can work, but everyone needs to participate and be active. We have to follow up on who is who and what they represent. Challenge their words and their actions. It takes some work and time. Most don't do their homework.

They know too well that people don't get involved more than they should with their all too busy lives.

So many laws get written up and voted on that go unnoticed. Laws should not be voted on during distracting times like the Xmas holidays where some of the most revolting laws get presented and voted on when everyone is singing "silent night" with family and friends.
edit on 25-4-2015 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Golden Rule

The truth can stink, but so does manure. Such lovely things can come out from manure with moderate doses of the right ingredients, light, some love and attention.

Take care.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I suspect a poll entitled "Which country represents the most likely nation to save humanity" the USA would win that one, too.

I'd take that bet. Sorry Burd but it's not 1943 anymore. Your country has been overrun by corporations. The gov't doesn't really rule anymore. Hasn't in 50 years. THAT is why you get results like this. It's not the people. It's the system that you have that you can't escape.

Then reality sets in:

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

This sounds a little too familiar:

yvesengler.com...

That took about 2 minutes to find. If anyone actually considered Canada relevant on the world stage (yes, I know, Potash, which you make less of than Russia and sell, almost exclusively, to the US), then maybe every time someone mentions the US and you personally start foaming at the mouth, it wouldn't be so freakin' funny.

As your country sells itself out to the Chinese, please remember that I, and many, many people like me (there is way more of us than there are of you) are completely comfortable watching the UK and Canada burn to the ground once we relinquish all ties, support, trade agreements, etc.

I personally think the US, Russia, and China should just carve the world up into 3 chunks and rule like the old Triumvirates.

Russia can have Canada and the UK, I really can't stand any of those people. My experience with them has been a lot of big talk, but nothing of real substance. Always the first to scream arrogant American.

Let's see either of you stand of your own feet, quit talking, go to your respective parliaments, and say, no more trade or support from or with the USA.

You'd be laughed out of your own country. Please do not come here. I understand you are all very fond of Russia, China, and Iran...let me know how that works out for you.
edit on 25-4-2015 by sstech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: sstech

Russia can have Canada and the UK, I really can't stand any of those people. My experience with them has been a lot of big talk, but nothing of real substance. Always the first to scream arrogant American.

So much for all the UK and Canadian solders who died side by side with your ungrateful arses for the same goals?

Let's see either of you stand of your own feet

Cant speak for Canada but Britain has been doing that nicely since 1066. A lot longer than the USA.

Please do not come here.

Dont worry 2 week holidays are more than enough for me.

I understand you are all very fond of Russia, China, and Iran...let me know how that works out for you.

There is a magnitude of difference between not wanting to bomb a country to dust and starting a war and being "fond" of them.

Just because I dont want to start a war does not make me love Iran, China and Russia.

Even trade agreements does not make one a Friend or form a alliance. It just means you want erm trade. UK and Canada wont be coming to China or Russia aid in a war I can assure you that.

Maybe if you Americans like yourself figured out you can dislike a country without bombing it you may get on a lot better and be a a lot lower on this ATS poll.
edit on 25-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Getting under you skin a little? 1066 huh? I thought the UK was a little higher up on the old History thing, but whatever; it's not worth rehashing every time we've come to your rescue.

I personally couldn't care less about Canada or the UK. You seem to have taken the same stance with American's, so I can't imagine why you are surprised that an American vet (I didn't see where you actually mentioned that you served in your country's military) feels the same way about you.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Getting under you skin a little?

Not really.

I personally couldn't care less about Canada or the UK. You seem to have taken the same stance with American's

Actually I quite like the majority of Americans and if the USA was ATTACKED I would be very happy to see us come to your aid.

Its your wars of aggression I have no time for. Cant you even tell the difference?

, so I can't imagine why you are surprised that an American vet feels the same way about you.

Whats being a vet to do with anything? In fact I have meet a few US vets in my travels and they have been rather nice people, unlike you.

Why you not happy the UK wont follow you into wars of aggression?

If you START a war why expect others to fight it for you?

(I didn't see where you actually mentioned that you served in your country's military)

Why has that got any relevance?

But for the record I live in a military town and many friends have served in Afghanistan and Iraq, wars the US started. People that fought on the front lines so some Americans did not have too.

I also had family that fought on the beaches at D day and in the Deserts of Africa along side many brave Americans fighting for the same goals. Vets that would find your attitude disgraceful.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yep. That is the kind of "know-it-all" mentality that I would expect from someone sitting on the sidelines.

Always with Iraq and Afghanistan. Let's talk a little bit about the Falklands shall we? How's that going for you? Any uneducated personal idioms you would like to share on that? Maybe you talked to a friend that participated in that little travesty you all try to pretend isn't still happening?

YOUR country sent your soldiers to die. That's how that actually worked. In your version, your country's are at the beck and call of the US; a premise I find amusing and well fitting my personal view of you.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sstech

Our country sent soldiers to the falklands to protect fellow brits.
We will do so again if needed.
Blimey you really have a cjip on ypur shoulder don't you...a brit stole your wife or something?.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Yep. That is the kind of "know-it-all" mentality that I would expect from someone sitting on the sidelines.

Always with Iraq and Afghanistan. Let's talk a little bit about the Falklands shall we? How's that going for you? Any uneducated personal idioms you would like to share on that? Maybe you talked to a friend that participated in that little travesty you all try to pretend isn't still happening?

YOUR country sent your soldiers to die. That's how that actually worked. In your version, your country's are at the beck and call of the US; a premise I find amusing and well fitting my personal view of you.

The Falkland travesty?

Everyone on that Islands wants to be British and the Argies INVADED. We did not start that war!

It would be no more different than if China Decided in Invade and take Guam by force from the USA.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Whatever justification you need to add to make yourself feel better. I'm not a hypocrite. Invade away. The US bombed the crap out of the whole middle east because they tried to screw with us. Boom. Couldn't care less.

Since you have decided to debase yourself with a personal attack on my wife, I would like to mention that, while she can't resist the accent; the teeth...oh my god, do you guys even have a dental practice in that country?

My mom has been to London, she said the whole country reminded her of a bunch of Raider fans after a Chargers game. (That's bad by the way).

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Like I said, whatever justification you need to make yourself feel better. I'm not a hypocrite. Bomb away.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sstech

We have among the best dental hygiene in the world...we are just not shallow enough to go for the cosmetic crap like some.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Like I said, whatever justification you need to make yourself feel better. I'm not a hypocrite. Bomb away.

wow if you cant tell the difference between a war of defense when a country attacks you first (Argentina attacking Falklands, Japan attacking US ect) and a war of aggression were you attack first (IE Iraq) then you have one scrambled mind.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join