It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: The United States Is The Most Significant Threat to Humanity

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I like it that our puppet country thinks poorly of us. Perhaps we should pull the stings a bit harder? (I'm looking at you UK)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What a pathetic, ill mannered and venomous thread this has turned into.
The people voted and that's what they think... it would be the same if the poll was a worldwide thing too, not an ATS/Internet thing.

Who cares??

Get over it.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: icewater

Hey now, how much comes from Canada as well? The U.S. is not alone in being humanitarian and I am one who will thank the U.S. for all the help and support they give as well as my own country.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
What a pathetic, ill mannered and venomous thread this has turned into.
The people voted and that's what they think... it would be the same if the poll was a worldwide thing too, not an ATS/Internet thing.

Who cares??

Get over it.

Well to be fair Americans are only ever used to voting for two options so a poll this diverse must be confusing

Sorry I went there

edit on 27-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: VVV88
The thread title should be changed to: "Poll Results: The United States Government Is The most significant threat...."
I completely separate all thoughts of the US government from US citizens.
Even those who argue "Well the people voted for them" should consider the problematic two party system there, and also how much money is spent on election campaigns, it seems to me to effectively buy the result.
...and while I voted USA in the ATS poll, it was solely while considering it's government, not the many millions of ordinary folk like me.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What a crock. Who gives more money to help when disaster strikes than the U.S.? NO ONE. This "poll" is a joke.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
What a crock. Who gives more money to help when disaster strikes than the U.S.? NO ONE. This "poll" is a joke.

Who has dropped more bombs since 1945?

And no one give more money cause no one has the economy size that the USA does!

If you break it all down to population ratios the USA gives about the same as most other developed nations. Its only seems to high before you adjust for economy and population size.

Eg the USA has a population of roughly 320 million and gives $23 billion In non military aid,

UK had a population of around 65r million and we give $10 billion in non military aid.

So we have less than a quarter of you pop but give half as much!

Thats not to say the USA is not generous. It certainly is. But it certainly is not the most generous and I don't even think the UK is too.

Plus most our aid goes to country we both bombed anyway so hardly counts!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well nothing has changed on here then! back biting and we're better than you nyah ... I love it .. I read every post in the tit for tat spat.. But I would of voted North Korea as the leader is a child in charge of a power large enough to cause a problem...

regards
Git

oh I have my own Choppers
Wash with wet water and soap too!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Who has dropped more bombs since 1945?

And no one give more money cause no one has the economy size that the USA does!

If you break it all down to population ratios the USA gives about the same as most other developed nations. Its only seems to high before you adjust for economy and population size.

Eg the USA has a population of roughly 320 million and gives $23 billion In non military aid,

UK had a population of around 65r million and we give $10 billion in non military aid.

So we have less than a quarter of you pop but give half as much!

Thats not to say the USA is not generous. It certainly is. But it certainly is not the most generous and I don't even think the UK is too.

Plus most our aid goes to country we both bombed anyway so hardly counts!

We still give more than anyone else, by your own admission.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Yes but less than half per person...I wonder how much it has cost to rebuild Iraq/Afghanistan?.
To add also most of the USAs history is war...since 1776 over 215 years at war with someone kinda scary to me that.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

We still give more than anyone else, by your own admission.

That does not make you more generous.

Thats like saying a billionaire that gives a million dollars to charity is more generous than someone on $10,000 a year that gives $100 to charity.

The comparisons between country's is meaningless everyone gives what we can afford and no one really has to give anything.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yes but less than half per person...I wonder how much it has cost to rebuild Iraq/Afghanistan?.
To add also most of the USAs history is war...since 1776 over 215 years at war with someone kinda scary to me that.

To be fair we dont have a much better track record

I mean this is like our 5th Afghanistan war we are on

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
HAH! Who voted for Canada?

Look out... We're comin' for ya...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This Baltimore thing has been a nice distraction whilst they try like hell to clean up the Hillary Clinton treason scandal mess.They'll never get her for war crimes though the Hague in the dock is where most former secretary of states should be.
edit on 28-4-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Maybe some people mistakingly interpret the amount of money spent by the US on it's military as some sort of aggression?

Top five countries by military expenditure in 2014.
According to the International Institute for Strategic Studies.

List of countries by military expenditures

According to that estimate over 3 times more than China who are in second place.

Department of Defense in 2014
Every hour, taxpayers in the United States are paying
$58 million for Department of Defense in 2014.

In contrast:

Every hour, federal taxpayers in the United States pay
$2.71 million toward Foreign Aid in 2014.

Just nukes:

Nuclear Weapons in 2014
$2.12 million for Nuclear Weapons in 2014.

Apparently out of the defence budget only $1.33 million is for foreign military assistance.

$1.33 million for Foreign Military Assistance in 2014.

www.nationalpriorities.org...

I think it's just a misunderstanding, maybe if it can be explained why so much money for a military budget is needed then people's minds can be set at ease.
I guess it's a bit like when people in the US panic over the large budgets for weapons and ammunition going to various Government agencies such as been discussed here on ATS in the past, you just kind of wonder - why? Will they be used on me and my family?
edit on 28-4-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith
Maybe some people mistakingly interpret the amount of money spent by the US on it's military as some sort of aggression?

Top five countries by military expenditure in 2014.
According to the International Institute for Strategic Studies.

List of countries by military expenditures

According to that estimate over 3 times more than China who are in second place.

Department of Defense in 2014
$58 million for Department of Defense in 2014.

In contrast:

Every hour, federal taxpayers in the United States pay
$2.71 million toward Foreign Aid in 2014.

Just nukes:

Nuclear Weapons in 2014
$2.12 million for Nuclear Weapons in 2014.

Apparently out of the defence budget only $1.33 million is for foreign military assistance.

$1.33 million for Foreign Military Assistance in 2014.

www.nationalpriorities.org...

I think it's just a misunderstanding, maybe if it can be explained why so much money for a military budget is needed then people's minds can be set at ease.
I guess it's a bit like when people in the US panic over the large budgets for weapons and ammunition going to various Government agencies such as been discussed here on ATS in the past, you just kind of wonder - why? Will they be used on me and my family?

When someone invades their neighbor. . . who gets called to save the day? That's right, the mean old U.S. and our outstanding military equipment. It is what it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
HAH! Who voted for Canada?

Look out... We're comin' for ya...

Makes sense , a lot of our leading actors and shows come from Canada Eh?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yes that sure does happen a lot and it's appreciated I hope, I just wanted to point out that if anyone just looks at those figures then it is similar to when people panic about the amount of ammunition being purchased by Government agencies.
If you just look at the figures then it's easy to come to various conclusions and panic maybe.?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith

Yes that sure does happen a lot and it's appreciated I hope, I just wanted to point out that if anyone just looks at those figures then it is similar to when people panic about the amount of ammunition being purchased by Government agencies.
If you just look at the figures then it's easy to come to various conclusions and panic maybe.?

Yeah no doubt we spend a lot on our military. Although to be fair, I am pretty sure that we are well below the high water mark as a percentage. Not disagreeing with you here though.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join