It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: The United States Is The Most Significant Threat to Humanity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The full results are in, and when answering the question; "When considering all geopolitical, humanitarian, and conflict factors: Which country below represents the single-most significant threat to humanity," the United States received just under 50% of all the votes, with Russia and Israel statistically tied for a distant second-place. China and Iran are in a dead-heat for third place, with North Korea getting a laughable 2.8% of the vote, which is sure to be a major disappointment for Kim Jong-il.

When we look at the source countries of those who voted, things are a little more interesting.

Participants in the United States only voted for the US 36% of the time, giving Russia nearly 15% of the got, and 12% to Israel.

Participants in the United Kingdom voted for the US 60% of time time, with just less than 10% to Russia, and 8% to Israel.

In fact, those UK numbers are reflected pretty much across the board from International participants, with the exception of Scandinavian countries who gave a slightly higher percentage (average of 16%) to Russia, while still placing the US well-above 50%.

Participants in France were the lone oddball in this; giving 37% to Israel and only 26% to the United States.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can well accept the UK opinion. Though there is always the mention of the "Special relationship" in reality, the Brits really don't like the US much at all. Almost no one does. You can blame the policies of Washington for that, regardless of party in the seat.

edit on 24-4-2015 by Meduzi because:

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Dangerous.

But not dangerous enough not to accept foreign aid from us.

Or in times of disaster humanitarian relief.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
36% isn't an insignificant vote from people in their own country. I think the 36% in the U.S voting against itself is very telling myself.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The French response is interesting.
I know they dislike ugly Americans,
but it would seem they hold the
same disdain for Israel.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If the United States ever decides to cease giving all of the foreign aid our government gives to third world nations....now that would be a threat to all humanity. The world has learned to take the US for granted when it comes to money and all of the humanitarian programs taxpayers in the US fund. This taxpayer is starting to get weary of the criticism we get from nations who would fold without our annual contributions to their economy.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
For those of you who thought that my country - Iran - is capable of posing a threat to humanity and vanish you all from the face of the earth ,

THANK YOU !!

edit on 24-4-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: icewater

Tell your government to stop invading countries, that way you don't need to send "help" taxpayer, Afghanistan and Iraq are principal recipients of your aid, followed by Israel and Pakistan, so your aid is aimed to reconstruction of countries destroyed by you/military targets

Oh and such a giving nation you are, always #1...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

For those of you who thought that my country - Iran - is capable of posing a threat to humanity and vanish you all from the face of the earth ,

Not yet, but when they finally build their nuclear weapons then they will be.

+29 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: icewater
If the United States ever decides to cease giving all of the foreign aid our government gives to third world nations....now that would be a threat to all humanity. The world has learned to take the US for granted when it comes to money and all of the humanitarian programs taxpayers in the US fund. This taxpayer is starting to get weary of the criticism we get from nations who would fold without our annual contributions to their economy.
Well , speaking on behalf of Middle eastern countries (3rd world ) , i can assure you that everyone would be happy if US army packed its *belongings* and got out of here .

they can take their "Aid" with themselves as well .

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well I voted for Trinidad and Tobago. They may have invented the limbo and have you seen what that does to old people?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Well , that'll just take 3 month

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That's why we have such a hard time finding immigrants to join us, I assume.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Poor Yemen...totally has no street cred

Edit: When I wrote that it showed Yemen as 0...now Yemen is off the list...weird... ok Poor Trinidad and Tobago.....totally has no street cred
edit on 24-4-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

We're number one! We're number one! We're Number one!"
USA!!!
USA!!!
USA!!!
Oh say can you see by the dawn's early light
what so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming...

Needless to say, the results of this poll didn't surprise me at all. I acknowledge America's position of danger to the world (though I suspect my reasoning for that is 180 degrees different from the reasons most chose the US as most dangerous), but I suspect a poll entitled "Which country represents the most likely nation to save humanity" the USA would win that one, too. It's the epitome of a double edged sword. The American politician giveth, and the American politican taketh away...

+32 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I suspect a poll entitled "Which country represents the most likely nation to save humanity" the USA would win that one, too.

I'd take that bet. Sorry Burd but it's not 1943 anymore. Your country has been overrun by corporations. The gov't doesn't really rule anymore. Hasn't in 50 years. THAT is why you get results like this. It's not the people. It's the system that you have that you can't escape.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Dangerous.

But not dangerous enough not to accept foreign aid from us.

Or in times of disaster humanitarian relief.

Its ok if it was just aid the USA gave out.

Problem is you tend to drop bombs on people too....

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yup, given much longer, and we'll have a real shadowrun type world here in the good ole U.S of A... only thing we need now is magic and mutants...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Proof?

And Netcheyaho says so is not "proof".

Haven't we learned from making conclusion based on zero evidence from Iraq?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

Well , that'll just take 3 month

That 3 months from now? 2016, 2020,2030? I lost track after the 3 months stated in the 1990's

edit on 24-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join