It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: The United States Is The Most Significant Threat to Humanity

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sstech

Again, that's pretty weird bro.

Yeah ... I'm just that sort of guy ... no wonder I got detained for hours before being allowed into Canada last year

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Ah that old chestnut...actually you were very late to ww2 and while you helped I would thank the russians more seeing they did more than the usa.

Yep. Expected that part. Late, absolutely necessary, potato, potato...that actually doesn't make sense textually.

Either way.

Why should it matter that we were "late" in coming to save your sorry country from being overrun?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yes wow ... just looked up images of it ...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

a reply to: grainofsand

I can't remember the quote by the founder of the nhs but it went along these lines.
No country can call itself civilized if the sick have to pay for treament.
On my phone so if you can find it?.

Here you go:

no society can legitimately call itself civilised if a sick person is denied medical aid because of lack of means.
—Aneurin Bevan

I agree.
People deserve health care free of charge.
It is not a privilege for the those that have money.
People being in good health actually helps a country not hinder it.
To profit off of someone else's health should never be tolerated.

....please don't give me the age old argument that the costs fund future research....that is a line of BS.

....also, The US is considered a boogey monster because of all the reasons everyone says. I personally can't wait until it is someone else's turn so the US can take a back seat. Political reform in the US is a step in the right direction. Decreasing military spending is also a step in the right direction. The US military can be have the size it is and be just as lethal as it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I note you refrained from commenting about my post which stated my support for our submarine nuclear attack defence capability.
Pick and choose much fella?
Y'all could wipe us out and we can wipe your capital city and others out so y'all have to think twice when you think of #ing with us. Lol, our nuclear deterrent is an equaliser.

Nope. Just lost track of the comments while I was feeding the baby...that is actually not a penis reference...I was really feeding my baby.

I think you missed my post about how I want to see how your country would fare all on its own, toe to toe, with Russia or China, whom do not like you, I know, I spent some time in Hong Kong during my Navy stint. They seem to think you owe them something. If you really think that the UK is that hard and can fend for itself, why not give it a shot and shut up about it?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Yes wow ... just looked up images of it ...

My junk or Lombard?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You assisted to save your own skin Churchill told your president if we lose the nazis get the greatest navy ever.
You think hitler would have stopped at us?.
No he had plans to invade the usa with the help pf mexico.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You assisted to save your own skin Churchill told your president if we lose the nazis get the greatest navy ever.
You think hitler would have stopped at us?.
No he had plans to invade the usa with the help pf mexico.

He did. Then we whooped that ass. Too bad you cats couldn't scrape that one off on your own, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Greatest Navy in the world. Couldn't handle a few U-Boats, but hey, sure, why not.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Lol ... these are some sayings from the second world war that my folks told me about ... when US Soldiers were stationed over here ... actually the Brit guys were pretty jealous of them as they got all the girls

" Their over paid, over sexed and over here"

"American bra ... one Yank and they're off"
edit on 25-4-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Yep, I'm happy for the UK to defend itself with our own nuclear deterrent as we have.
It makes other bully countries think twice before #ing with us. We may lose but we'd take out a capital city and other major population centers. That's why y'all stay the # away from us, stupid not to.
...I'm off to the shop before it closes though, 300+ stone steps down my hill, I'll be back....

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I suspect a poll entitled "Which country represents the most likely nation to save humanity" the USA would win that one, too.

I'd take that bet. Sorry Burd but it's not 1943 anymore. Your country has been overrun by corporations. The gov't doesn't really rule anymore. Hasn't in 50 years. THAT is why you get results like this. It's not the people. It's the system that you have that you can't escape.

Brutally honest and very true.

lol I know none here can help me. I'll help myself.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

My junk or Lombard?

That would be Lombard ... I could not find pics of your junk on Google ... do you have a link

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

"To ease this crisis, President Truman promised relief.
American tax dollars will help our allies who fought so poorly and surrendered so readily."

-The Simpsons
Season 5 Episode 14

www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

My junk or Lombard?

That would be Lombard ... I could not find pics of your junk on Google ... do you have a link

It was on Google Earth, but they blurred it out. Something about national security.

I don't get that joke either.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Yep, I'm happy for the UK to defend itself with our own nuclear deterrent as we have.
It makes other bully countries think twice before #ing with us. We may lose but we'd take out a capital city and other major population centers. That's why y'all stay the # away from us, stupid not to.
...I'm off to the shop before it closes though, 300+ stone steps down my hill, I'll be back....

You actually are going to threaten a nuclear deterrent and call others bullies in the same sentence? Do you understand how the UN Security Council works? The UK is one of the biggest bullies around. You guys seriously need a reality check.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just to make a fair correction. The United States GOVERNMENT Is The Most Significant Threat to Humanity. And to that...I agree.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hmmm. It doesn't surprise me.

As far as those media indoctrinated, stimulus-response morons go that lack three brain-cells hooked in series that buy into this garbage...well....bless 'em....

edit on 25-4-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Whatever, you obviously hate us and I couldn't give a flying #.
...our nuclear deterrent keeps the US in check just as much as it does any other nation who might wish to # with the UK. It is unfortunate that such a situation apparently troubles you lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: etombo

Quite a bit of it I think.....

Britons 'planned raid on Bin Laden hideout'

Two officers from the Special Boat Service could be in line for American military honours for the parts they played in planning the audacious raid on the Al Qaeda leader’s compound in the heart of Pakistan.

Neither the captain nor the major had a “trigger job” in the fight that raged when US Navy Seals stormed Bin Laden’s lair last week but their top secret role has been described as crucial for the success of the mission.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Just to make a fair correction. The United States GOVERNMENT Is The Most Significant Threat to Humanity. And to that...I agree.

In another way the USA is the most powerful military in the world ... always a double edged sword
Hence the votes cast ... Yet the capacity for aggression can not be blamed on them alone
Imagine some real despot from any country who had the same military might ... that is a frightening thought ...

Yet the reasons for War are not always what they appear to be ... there is often a hidden agenda involved
It is like a game of chess trying to out wit one's opponent

I hate War as do most people ... Most people would wish to live their life in peace
Problem is that there is so much fear and mistrust which over shadows our shared Humanity

It is so telling that ATS felt the need to have such a poll ... a reflection of the state of the world

I voted USA but really I do not know that it is so ... I am fond of people from the USA that I have met and also others from all nations ... we all could get along if we could only find a way to recognise we all have more in common than not

Sad really

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join