It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Cotton wants permanent reauthorization of Patriot Act

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully
This is who libertarians and republicans vote for. The dems are no better because they won't stand up to the police state.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: cardinalfan0596
a reply to: Sremmos80

You do not have the first clue about the Congressman. You really should talk to some of the men and women who served under him.

Serving in Congress and serving in the military is two totally different things. The man is nothing but a bought and paid for tool to be used by Israel and the military industrial complex as they see fit.

And it made perfect sense, a treaty agreed to by a President but not ratified by the Senate is meaningless.

You are totally wrong here. Our Presidents have signed thousands of agreements that was never ratified by Congress. The only reason why the tools like Cotton got their knickers in a bunch over this one is because Israel was whining about it so much.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: cardinalfan0596

I don't care about his military service, that doesn't make some one a good senator.

I don't doubt they have good things to say about him, that is what friends do, talk good about you.

This man is calling for the stripping of the very things he was defending while pissing off a country that we are trying to do some peace talks with.

I agree.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

I don't like the patriot act, either, but how is the government going to find terrorist cells in the US without some kind of surveillance of the populace?

Simple tell the FBI to start arresting those people instead of giving them what they need to commit acts of terrorism.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Tom Cotton needs an ass whooping. At least tarred and feathered.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Tom Cotton is the perfect puppet for future presidential material.

There's a reason why he was put in place as a senator, and I highly doubt it had anything to do with his rainbows and unicorns warm and fuzzy personality... You folks might as well get used to saying the words "President Cotton" and "The Cotton Administration" now.

This next president in 2016 (whomever that may end up to be) will be nothing but a single term "filler" president to suit the purpose. Me thinks Jebby boy will fulfill that patsy role quite nicely. Or maybe even the Canklemeister Clinton (gawd forbid), but then again that's highly doubtful because a Republican has already been chosen to sit in the throne this time around.

Sooooo... Mr. President Cotton sir... 2020 here we come.

** Today's CranialSponge Prediction™ has been brought to you by the makers of Depends adult undergarments. The perfect undies to catch all of your bodily fluids when you're too busy running for your life from an M1A2 Abrams battle tank. **

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

Although Arkansans are slowly learning just what kind of a monumental mistake they made electing this neocon as Senator, the problem with elections is not just relevant to Arkansas. All states have to endure the deceptions these criminal politicians perpetrate to get elected. Most of the electorate is inundated with 30 second TV commercials just prior to an election that does not reveal anything of importance, therefore they do not actually know the true personality they are voting for. Just too many citizens do not invest enough time and energy into such an important decision. What a shame. It will be our undoing.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
I don't like the patriot act, either, but how is the government going to find terrorist cells in the US without some kind of surveillance of the populace? That is the reason it was implemented.

Two points:
1. Are you aware of what a legal charge of conspiracy is?

2. Lets say someone has a plan to blow something up or kill someone. Should we really judge someone in court for what they might have done in the future rather than what they have actually done? Down that road lies precrime.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join