It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines Preparing for Riot Control in American Soil.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

Thanks for the posts about german and US "collaboration" post WWII…

search results

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Its looks like the Marines Northern Command, Joint Task Force Civil Support and Army Northern Command are subservient to SOCNORTH. Not surprisingly, this situation is just like the WWII German paramilitary police forces gradually giving up authority over time and answering solely to the SS:

A Short History of UNITED STATES NORTHERN COMMAND

Bringing the War Home
edit on 24-4-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Turn off the caps lock and calm down brah.

Thank you for the explanation on what special operations role is. I really had no idea.

In fact I had such little idea as to what their role is that I was able to speak, intelligently, to the kind of training they receive in regards to civil disturbance and disaster relief.

Frankly, if your town floods and you're gonna complain that green beret rode the rope down to get you out of your house instead of a "run of the mill" guardsman, soldier, whatever, that's your problem.

Do they need to be helping cops chase criminals? Nope. But that's a separate issue from your claim that they don't know how to do something.

I can't believe you're even suggesting it

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They can come here and practice riot patrol. As long as they eat in our restaurants and support our local businesses when they are off work.

If they don't help stimulate our local economy, then send them somewhere else. Maybe we can supply them with some local actors so they can make it look like a real event happening.

Really......Maybe they could stay at your homes also. With attitudes like this is it any wonder why liberty is such a joke. The US military should not be active in US cities.....The border....YA that is what they are supposed to do.

As long as Americans are comfortable and entertained they will sacrifice liberty to keep it.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Frankly, if your town floods and you're gonna complain that green beret rode the rope down to get you out of your house instead of a "run of the mill" guardsman, soldier, whatever, that's your problem.

You're changing the subject. BooHoo was clear about the abuse of military authority in a civil capacity and militarization of police and comparing that with the Third Reich. The video I brought the last page shows that in play in New Orleans…

and I'm not talking about Green Berets 'choppering in' to rescue people. Which didn't happen, by the way…

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Those roles are already fulfilled by the various Air National Guard Rescue Wings, Corp of Engineers and NAVFAC. Special Ops participation is NOT needed nor required.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I have to agree with this:

In The Federalist, No. 29, Alexander Hamilton echoes not only Mason’s warning against a standing army, but his solution to the threat, as well. If circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist. In commenting on Blackstone’s Commentaries, founding era jurist St. George Tucker speaks as if he foresaw our day and the fatal combination of an increasingly militarized police force and the disarmament of civilians: Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction.

www.thenewamerican.com...

We do not belong with a standing army here,and we CAN NOT give up our second amendment.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I presented a hypothetical situation, which you're now spinning as me saying it happened? In a comment that was neither directed at your not pertained to your comment?

Thanks for your input.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: boohoo

Those roles are already fulfilled by the various Air National Guard Rescue Wings, Corp of Engineers and NAVFAC. Special Ops participation is NOT needed nor required.

And again, you made two points. They're not supposed to do it and aren't trained to do it.

I rebutted your point that they aren't trained for it, because they are.

If that offended you and you're incapable of seeing that I rebutted one statement and not the other, and went so far as to agree that the military has no reason to be conducting LE operations in CONUS, I dunno what to tell ya.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I presented a hypothetical situation, which you're now spinning as me saying it happened? In a comment that was neither directed at your not pertained to your comment?

Thats the point, your "hypothetical" is already an operational reality, BUT has historically been fulfilled by the various Air National Guard Rescue Wings, Corp of Engineers and NAVFAC for many decades now.

Special Ops participation, is NOT needed, nor required, at this time or the future.

And again, you made two points. They're not supposed to do it and aren't trained to do it.

I rebutted your point that they aren't trained for it, because they are.

Wrong again, the DOD calls ALL Special Operations Commands the following: "combatant commanders organizations"

Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description:
They are experienced subject matter experts in unconventional warfare

Where exactly does "search & rescue" fit into the above?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

My granddaughter's friend just finished basic training and is now a Marine. He is a really good guy. I expect that he would protect our people unless some disruptive ones were attacking him or his co-marines. These young marines are our marines, they are there to protect us and they would not hurt us unless someone was causing trouble. But if you are the type of person who would start shooting at them, I am sure they would return fire.

Most of the men and women in our armed forces would not attack innocent citizens. Most of the cops do not bother innocent people. If you start attacking anyone then worry about getting shot. You do what the cops or marines say when they tell you something if there is a situation.

I am all for protecting our freedoms but I am against people who are destroying our civility also. In the case of rioters, that is not appropriate behavior. We have the right to assemble, we have the right to peaceful protest, but we do not have the right to destroy others property while doing this. If some people started protesting and wrecked my stuff and I felt threatened they might hurt me or my family and friends I would not just sit still.

There is no justifiable reason to riot and endanger other people and destroy property of innocent people. Last I heard, the government buildings were a property of taxpayers and if they are destroyed we have to pay to have them rebuilt or repaired.

When you get a bunch of people at a protest, things can get heated up and usually the ones heating them up dissappear when things get rough. Instigators are out there everywhere, some are even paid to instigate by special interest groups to rile things up and result in an opposite reaction by society. It is like a shill in the real world setting.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In Northern Ireland the PSNI police there openly admit to their friends and families that they do riot control duty in July because they love the opportunity to rough people up and get to punch and kick them. God forbid if you actually have something worth while to protest over.

Sick individuals the Police are.

Gone are the days when the Police was a "go to" person for help, now they are the "run away" from person.

edit on 24-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Please, post more links about what high speed things spec ops can do.

I'll take my having actually been in the military and knowing basic capabilities of military personnel over the rage typing Google champ.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

When I was in the military not only did we train for crowd control we also trained for nuclear and biological so I am wondering what makes this news worthy is it because there is a video of the training?

Yes...

Is it because some ignorant fool added commentary to the video and posted it to youtube?

And that would be another Yes.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Maybe I'm missing something here, but did the US collapse after the training the US military has done before this one?

Consider Bold Alligator, a naval exercise in which thousands of Marines and sailors have been involved in the past. The most recent version was launched last fall, and included amphibious landings to prevent insurgent groups in the fictional country known as Garnet — Georgia and part of Florida in real life — from launching attacks.

In another example, U.S. Special Forces support fictional guerrilla forces in numerous counties across North Carolina in the exercise Robin Sage. Green Beret soldiers work to liberate the country of Pineland, and operate in close proximity to civilians, who are warned that they may hear blank gunfire.

Marine Special Operations troop also have an exercise that is in some ways similar and called Derna Bridge. It spans several counties in western South Carolina, and includes some activities in Sumter National Forest.

Was hington Post

And yet no martial law...how about that.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
Like it or not, all our countries face threats, and like it or not, all of our countries have to be prepared for these things, and that does involve drills and scenario training.

Except, those other countries are not only better at it (because they don't have two oceans protecting them), but they also don't inconvenience the general populace while they train. Other developed countries are discrete and polite about the whole process, the American government is not.

I agree to a point.
We have urban training drills in the UK regularly, just in the last few years we had a massive training exercise involving all the emergency services in one area acting in a complete set involving crowd violence and vehicles.

We currently have considerable military training going on in the north of the UK too.

I suppose we're more used to having to be prepared for these things, while 9/11 was a considerable wakeup call for the US. And I suppose you have more of a militaristic attitude in your society generally, which probably gives some in positions of power a mentality of not really caring what the people think.

They've been actively coordinating with the cities and states involved, but people here are all acting like this is some kind of act of war against the people - the reality is it's needed, it's not secret, your regional and local governments are involved in the process. This is anything but what paranoid people on ATS are making it out to be.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

As much as no one wants to admit it - there are insurgent groups in America of all makes and ideologies.

I've met some of them over the years - usually from well meaning but woefully ignorant folks who read too many conspiracy theories and subversive literature. They think they're fighting the good fight, but some groups can be very dangerous to easily influenced youth and/or regular folks. They're very cunning in their speeches and always talk of armed uprisings against the enemies their literature has brainwashed them against.

Now, this is both a positive and negative thing - it is positive because it keeps average folks wary of abuses of power and keeps civilian groups on the watch for the aforementioned theoretical abuses of power heaven forbid we ever come to that, but conversely - some of these civil militia leaders are so hyped up over things that they misunderstand to the point they can easily and inadvertently form hate groups and/or dangerous uprisings because they're operating under false information and group propaganda.

I've met these folks and I know while they mean well, sometimes younger or more fearful newcomers to these types of independent groups can quickly find themselves way over their heads in terms of serious standoffs or even more extreme cases like militia compounds and cult-like devotion to their leaders and the ideologies of the group.

To say that such group do not exist is a misnomer. I have been invited to so many off-grid communes over the course of twenty five years in the field it's un-freaking-real. I don't go because I am well aware that as a woman, I'm more vulnerable to dictates and whims of whatever madman may or may not be running some of these things. One guy even told me that women were expected to help in the work AND "breed the new army". Yeah. Um. No thanks, dude. Have a good one.

The Koresh fiasco in Waco was bad enough, I'm sure there are other groups out there I don't even know the names of operating under the radar, and hey - fine - whatever - freedom and liberty and all that crap - but when these communes and groups start coming into cities and starting fights, riots or recruitment campaigns advocating and glorifying killing our nations soldiers and politians because of "what they've READ and been TOLD" by their leaders....there's the Greater Good to consider.

There have been many unfortunate things happening in our country the past twenty years, some domestic, some not.....and these exercises are training for Worst Case Scenarios to protect the average American Civilian, their Families and the Peace.

If you wish to go out and protest these exercises - PLEASE DO IT INTELLIGENTLY.

DON'T PROVOKE THEM. DON'T THROW THINGS, DON'T BRANDISH WEAPONS AND DON'T SCREAM OBSCENITIES.

Soldiers and Officers are human beings too. Just because they operate under Official Capacity doesn't mean they're all gunning to shoot someone or bash someones face in for Heaven's Sake. I'm pretty sure anyone who would is going to be kicked out of their position and employment and face a freakin' Court Martial if they act irrationally without just provocation.

SO PLEASE - EXERCISE YOUR DISAPPROVAL APPROPRIATELY AND NON-VIOLENTLY.
Please. For the Love of All Things...be smart about this.
BE SMART. STAY SAFE.

~GE*

(*USAF-ARMY Brat and one time Silent Black Bloc Riotgrrl Class of 1992 - no longer affiliated with current incarnations for obvious reasons....any idiot can dress in black and act like a dumbass. We all marched quietly and silently as an act of solidarity and silent protest. We stayed in formation and tried to show that protests can be non-violent. SEATTLE WTO RIOT OBSERVER. I complied with the directive to leave the protest area once Martial Law was enacted and saw how bad it can get when a group of idiots makes trouble for others and folks refuse to disperse. So don't blame me if you're an idiot.)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Special Ops participation, is NOT needed, nor required, at this time or the future.

Oh, well, as long as you're so certain of that, from your bedroom, all is well and we can disband any training you personally have not approved!

Lets get something straight here, you know nothing, diddly squat, nada, zero, zilch.

When it comes to what our societies need when it comes to defence, I'll trust those with the actual facts in front of them more than I'll trust some random person on the Internet, thanks. Your opinion is based on absolutely no access to the information your agencies have, and you have the arrogance to assume that you know best?

Now, unless you have access to the NSA, the CIA, the FBI, the Oval Office and all other relevant branches of government working to gather intelligence, collate information, foresee threats and prepare to confront those threats (you know, in order to protect people like you, who obviously know better) you are doing nothing more than making yourself look incredibly foolish.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

As much as no one wants to admit it - there are insurgent groups in America of all makes and ideologies.

It seems more than many know...

The Intelligence Project identified 1,096 antigovernment “Patriot” groups that were active in 2013.

www.splcenter.org...

Can't understand why we would train for such scenarios...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
The Koresh fiasco in Waco was bad enough, I'm sure there are other groups out there I don't even know the names of operating under the radar, and hey - fine - whatever - freedom and liberty and all that crap - but when these communes and groups start coming into cities and starting fights, riots or recruitment campaigns advocating and glorifying killing our nations soldiers and politians because of "what they've READ and been TOLD" by their leaders....there's the Greater Good to consider.

I agree with everything you've said, but I wanted to highlight this and add to it.

You mention the conspiracy side of things, and that's absolutely something that needs to be addressed. People here will utterly reject it, but then I would expect that...

There are also a hell of a lot of very irrational people who visit sites like this one, and they believe EVERYTHING offered to them in a YouTube video or blog post, but only when it already supports their irrational fears. They don't investigate how valid the claims are, or whether there is actually any truth to it at all, they just suck that information up and add it to their already conspiracy-crammed mind.

This is commonly known as self-radicalization, and it's one of the reasons the US government recently make the clear statement that home-grown radicalization could be more of a threat to the US than any ISIS inspired group. Of course, an individual or group already in the US is going to be more of a threat than one thousands of miles away fighting an insane war for religious dominance.

It's no longer just about cults and communes convincing idiots to follow a warped ideology, there is a wealth of propaganda out there intending to radicalize. Hell, forget YouTube and creepy Militias in the woods, you only need to check out some of the rants from so-called "Christian" groups at seminars where they tell those stupid enough to attend that a "war is coming" and how they need to be "prepared to fight" for their God. They are doing this out in the open now, over issues like gay marriage FFS!

It's not even about the militarization of the police, or mass spying on the public, or gun laws, or Jade Helm. These people are preaching to audiences about a coming "war" over something as ridiculously benign as same sex marriage.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join