It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the Moon Landing Hoax: Part 2

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobbypurify

And, you say the noise of the strap hitting the LEM is from the astros mic while another poster states it's from a mic inside the LEM. Hmmmm, yours requires me to believe that sound traveled through so many mediums...

is it possible for vibrations to have travelled through the LM into a mic? or through the LM and into the pressurised suit into the mic?? or is it completely impossible??

anyway.. have any of you thought that maybe the object is travelling a bit fast for such little effort??

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: choos

And, you say the noise of the strap hitting the LEM is from the astros mic while another poster states it's from a mic inside the LEM. Hmmmm, yours requires me to believe that sound traveled through so many mediums...

is it possible for vibrations to have travelled through the LM into a mic? or through the LM and into the pressurised suit into the mic?? or is it completely impossible??

anyway.. have any of you thought that maybe the object is travelling a bit fast for such little effort??

Ok I see what you guys are arguing about. First realize all audio was analog no digital. For example they backed up audio on a tape drive in the LEM. Basically speakers sitting in fron of a microphone. To communicate there were several live Mikes in the Lem the conversations could be heard if you were inside it and the astronauts where outside. The Lem itself is how they communicated so throwing something against it the astronauts would here it. Son d is nothing but vibrations of air. But vibrations can travel through any solid object. Think of plugging your ears and talking you can still hear yet no air is entering your ear. same with the Lem the vibrations woild be picked up on a mic attached to 5 he lem.do to the analog nature of the come system astronauts would have picked it up as well.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Speaking of the ISS, shall we see how dishonest the fulm maker is here.

Piers Sellers was interviewed for a BBC4 programme, which you can view here:

www.youtube.com...

Scroll through to 44 minutes. Here's what he left out:

"On the other hand if someone comes up and starts hitting your space suit, or bumps your helmet you can hear it ‘cause it conducts through. And you can actually talk to each other if your radios have failed by putting your helmets together"

So you can hear sound if there is a way of conducting the noise.

Oh, and the bit where he claims to have found a secondary light source? It's a reflection off the astronaut's watch - any idiot can see that.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

You're trying to confuse - nobody, including the video talked about coming up and hitting your space suit. Piers said when he's hitting something with a hammer, no sound. Much like Alan Bean hitting a pole with a hammer, should be no sound. That's what point the filmmaker was trying to make. Not someone coming up and tapping your space suit.

You can't have it both ways. So, which is it??

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You're trying to confuse - nobody, including the video talked about coming up and hitting your space suit. Piers said when he's hitting something with a hammer, no sound. Much like Alan Bean hitting a pole with a hammer, should be no sound. That's what point the filmmaker was trying to make. Not someone coming up and tapping your space suit.

I'm going to say the astronaut was wrong sound is made if we say sound is vibrations through a medium. Now if he said that someone on the moon wouldn't hear the sound because it can't travel through an atmosphere that's diffrent. But notice something you have heard a steel hammer hitting a steel rod did that sound right to you?? No it didn't did it because you are hearing the vibrations only from the hammer. And it's not even the hammer vibrating it's the suit. So Two THING Happen We Only Hear Half We DoNY Get Audio FROM ARE Steel rod. And we get a muffled version of the sound from the hammer vibrating. Go IN TO Your Back Yard AND Pound A Steel Stake In TO THE Ground Listen To THE Diffrence.

That's always my favorite things when you can prove something at your own home.
edit on 5/6/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bobbypurify

Nope, I'm putting it in context and giving the complete quote, not a dishonest cherry-picked quote.

If there is a means of conducting the vibration from an impact (just like in the ISS EVAs I linked to), you will hear the sound.

Want to bet the other quote also has a qualifier?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Looks like some basic science classes are required by MANY hoax believers and not just on here.

You hear sounds because an object vibrates because for example it is struck this cause the air to vibrate which when it reaches your ear drum that vibrates which causes a vibration in the tiny bones in your ear which causes a fluid in your inner ear to move which moves tiny hairs which stimulate nerves this is then sent as a signal to the brain.

Deaf people have heard sounds when a vibrating plate has been held to their skull NO air required.

So if the vibrations can get from solid material to the astronauts suit and cause a viration the air / mike could pick that up. If they are using a hammer to strike something then of course vibrations will be picked up it's not rocket science but to some it seems to be!!!
edit on 6-5-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I heard the man's testimony. He said he can't hear a bang of a hammer, and unless you can provide me a point to look at in the video, that his microphone is picking it up - I'm going to stand by his claim.

BTW, I'm not saying this is even impossible - I just think it would be a fair comparison since both are supposedly in a vacuum and both are wearing very similar, if not identical, equipment.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

So when an astro on the ISS has a hammer and is banging it against another solid metal and says, "he can't hear it" what does that mean? And if his microphone is picking it up, then it's part of the transmission, correct? So, can you point out a transmission where this sound travels through his suit and is registered by the microphone or should I just go pick up a science book?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

banging a hammer on a pole will have sound.. banging a hammer on anything will cause vibration in the hammer itself and someone should be holding that hammer therefore vibrations will carry into the suit, which is sound.. unless you have a super soft grip and the Apollo hammers were full aluminium.. i dont think there was any soft grip..

how loud or quiet it should be is a different question..

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

On mobile just now will look at videos later and indeed many hoax believers REALLY do need to go over some basic science ( not saying you) but when the most simple things on videos and images seem to stump them the answer is YES.

After all if they can't even undestand how shadows follow terrain what's happened to the education system worldwide over the last 3 decades.

edit on 6-5-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: choos

It would also depend on how much the gloves/suit dampen vibrations that may not be picked up by the air then ear but maybe the microphone did?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I tried to look at videos OBM posted and found nothing. I'm sure it's possible but I don't know how well the sound would travel through the material that the suits are made from. Metal, sure, sound travels fast and well through - but there's other mediums that must be traversed before that vibration reaches the microphone. It's not as simple as it's being made and that, is perhaps why the video made a good claim.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I tried to look at videos OBM posted and found nothing. I'm sure it's possible but I don't know how well the sound would travel through the material that the suits are made from. Metal, sure, sound travels fast and well through - but there's other mediums that must be traversed before that vibration reaches the microphone. It's not as simple as it's being made and that, is perhaps why the video made a good claim.

How well sound travels through a material varies greatly but it travels through water faster than air over 4 times faster in metals it can be 17 times quicker in granite it is similar to steel.

Will look at videos and post later.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The videos are linked to an appropriate place in them where sounds can clearly be heard. There are other occasions. Trying to claim that there are no EVA recordings where banging other sounds are not heard is at best ill-informed and at worst dishonest.

If you look at a lot of ISS EVA videos quite often there is no sound because no mic is activated, and that is another reason why he claims you can't hear anything.

Face it, "Jet Wintzer" (also known as Leo Donofrio, who you might want to research) makes some very very badly researched and very lame and lazy claims in this video.

You can't take seriously the work of a man who claims to have found an artificial light source that is actually the reflection from a watch and who claims to that there is no documented reason for the existence of a ring on the OPS when it is actually shown on the same page he got his photo of the OPS from.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I'm not being dishonest about any of this. In fact, I've been honest this entire discussion and have admitted error when others have shown me the way. It's certainly an interesting point that I'll have to look farther into. I won't just dismiss it and I'll gladly accept your evidence when it's been seen. Thanks for the videos, but, I haven't looked through the entire 1 hour and 4 min vid and didn't hear anything in the shorter one.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I'm not being dishonest about any of this. In fact, I've been honest this entire discussion and have admitted error when others have shown me the way.

Care to point out when you admitted to being in error

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Mr. smith, obm, and Choos have shed some light for me on certain questions. Still waiting for you

edit on 6-5-2015 by bobbypurify because: Shedded? Really?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Disclosure of the Moon Landing Hoax

Readers of Logsdon's epic After Apollo? will find similarities to Jack Anderson's "Fiasco". Both books details how Richard Nixon's first term administration manipulated the budgets and thwarted the objectives of NASA and the Alaskan Oil Pipeline.

Several NASA leaders were convinced that they could send human beings on a Mars trip in the 1980's. Nixon slaughtered their budget.

There were highly motivated oil industrialists willing to build the Alaskan pipeline that could have diminished US energy dependency on foreign oil by 1972. Nixon delayed his decisions which allowed Big Oil to enjoy the generous 27% oil depletion allowances but this eventually resulted in the first American energy crisis in 1973-1974.

Logsdon has confirmed by laborious research that Nixon's space doctrine locked NASA into low earth orbit for 40+ years. I think that the time is long overdue when Apollo Defenders accept the truth of Nixon's Apollo
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/6/2015 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

you are writing about Nixon's term in office more than about some Apollo hoax..
edit on 7-5-2015 by choos because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join