It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious white lights observed in vicinity of Chilean Volcano eruption.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
www.9news.com.au...

Footage of two mysterious white lights hovering near Chile's erupting Calbuco volcano has tens of thousands of internet users speculating about the source of the unexplained phenomenon.

Yesterday the Calbuco erupted for the first time in half a century, spewing a giant funnel of ash high into the sky near the southern port city of Puerto Montt and triggering a red alert.

As hundreds of people filmed the enormous plume of ash and smoke rising from the mouth of the volcano some captured a so-far unidentified object that has sparked a number of theories.

Some internet users said the pair of lights that hovered near the plume before disappearing were either police helicopters, an optical illusion or a UFO.

"Some believe it may be a drone or a helicopter of the police," wrote YouTube user Ana Luisa Cid, who posted a compilation of footage of the object.

"What is striking, in my opinion, is that the object remained static, then vanished. Optical illusion?"

Well, this is certainly not the first time that UFO's have been observed interacting with Volcanos.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, ATS, what say you? Drone?, Helicopter? or other.........

LOTS of energy being released during these events - are we witnessing mere terrestrial craft......misidentified or are we actually seeing something else interacting with our planet. So far, I can find no news agency or government agency come forward verifying it as theirs, nor have I seen any footage of the eruption shot from the apparent angle one would see from that point in the sky.

Curiouser and curiouser............

edit on 24-4-2015 by Sublimecraft because: added pic

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

also interesting discharges after second 17th, this is time lapse video realised

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-4-2015 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

First one looks like plane landing lights, possibly a plane landing at Puerto Montt airport, which is still operational..

puertomonttairport.com...

The plane probably isn't anywhere near the volcano.

The second could be simply an electrical discharge, we only see it flash in one frame.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I thought it was closed and flights suspended upon the eruption occurring.......

Yesterday evening April 22, 2015 the Chilean volcano "Calbuco" erupted again after more than 40 years of inactivity. A spectacular column of smoke and ash forced to suspend flights and aircraft operations at the near airports and pushed around 4000 people to evacuate from the surrounding area.
www.avionews.com...

That does not mean that we are not observing the landing lights of a flight already committed to the area.

edit on 24-4-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

First one looks like plane landing lights, possibly a plane landing at Puerto Montt airport, which is still operational..

puertomonttairport.com...

The plane probably isn't anywhere near the volcano.

The second could be simply an electrical discharge, we only see it flash in one frame.

That looks nothing like the flash of an electrical discharge. Five distinct white lights can be seen just in one frame of the video moving very fast TOWARDS the plume. Lightning discharges often have gaps between the streaks of ionised air, but they look like jagged lines - nothing like these blobs of light, the outermost one looking spherical.
Secondly, the light recorded in the other video cannot be landing lights of a plane because it does not flash, whereas aircraft anti-collision light systems are strobe lights.

It is not good enough to offer a natural explanation for such lights that fails to be consistent with the observed features of the phenomenon.
edit on 24-4-2015 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

What if parts of it are obscured by the smoke and ash?

And how can you tell what direction it's moving in one frame?

edit on 24/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Could be from a helicopter. The lights would disappear if the helicopter turned to fly away or reposition. It could be from lights or just from the reflection of the sun on the windshield or some metal.

Could be a press helicopter or scientific helicopter too, it doesn't have to be a police helicopter. It could also be a large drone owned by some scientific agency around the world.

I wish I could just say it was an alien ship instead of finding rational possibilities for things. Someday I want to see something I can say is alien other than immigrants.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What if they live in the volcanos? Or what if they inhabit the inner earth and volcanos are one entrance/exit to that world?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ash plumes generate enormous potentials of static electricity. These "plasma orbs" are often seen around erupting volcanoes. I wouldn't rule out ball lightning.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It seems to be happening more and more and I also do wonder if they are hovering around studying in some sort of way these things. I actually have family members that reside in a small town near Popocatepetl in Mexico. Maybe they may know something more having actually seen the volcano erupt (and getting evacuated). Maybe it's time to give them a phone call and ask some questions.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

I would agree:

Ball lightning (BL) is observed as a luminous sphere in regions of thunderstorm activity. There are many reports of BL forming in total absence of thunderclouds, associated with earthquakes and volcanoes.

Ball lightning caused by a semi-relativistic runaway electron avalanche

And:

Similar luck fell to French colleagues observing thunderstorms in the volcano chain of central France [2]. After some inactivity, the storm reached superheated air masses rising above the city of Clermont-Ferrand. Then in 20 minutes, 21 “superbolt” impacts occurred, emerging directly from the thundercloud anvil. At the sixteenth impact an intense, almost spherical ball of light formed close to ground level, which remained visible for 1.4 second, see Figure 1.

On Ball Lightning Formation by Soliton Waves direct .pdf link.

Ball Lightning was my first idea.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
No mysterious lights, not UFO it was the helicopter piloted by captain
Carles Moyano Cudinach and cameraman on a Robinson R44 helicopter.

They got close enough to the volcano to record the erupting Calbuco
volcano but just for a short moment and then they flew away . This
information released by 24 hours Chile TV Network.

If you check the videos the light appears a certain distance from the
volcano, that was the helicopter by captain Moyano. This link shows
the Robinson helicopter they used.
www.robinsonheli.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: free_spirit

Here is the video footage:

brave men...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
PLANE, Testimony of Pilot

www.t13.cl...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I have seen this before, I think it was on ATS

But this has been observed a few years back, witch is a good thing.

Because it will likely discount the drone's

Somebody else remember this?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: free_spirit

Here is the video footage:

brave men...
I always wondered what it would be like to be inside the UFO looking out.

Thanks for posting the video.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Drone?

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 24-4-2015 by Gully because: fixing link

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Many of the UFO's I have seen from Chili seem to be lights on the mountains after searching for the locations and looking at daytime photos of the areas often there are mountains and roads where the lights seem to be, so I feel they are pranks.

Sometimes they are lights out to sea which look very like they are in the sky.

Panicked residents of Chilean city post pictures online of 'UFO' hovering in night sky… and the strange lights had an unusual explanation

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... lanation.html#ixzz3rxoDycbV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
www.dailymail.co.uk... lanation.html
Iquique, Chile

Fishing boats come with varying colors of light even when experienced the eye can see them as in the sky in the right conditions or locations.

24 Bass Boat Rub Rail LED Black Lights Ultraviolet UV Night Fishing

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The way it moves back and forth in relation to the movement of the camera makes me think that it's some kind of inside reflection off glass. That's how that stuff sometimes looks.

top topics

join