It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surgeon finds a Woman's "Evil Twin".....Living inside her brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just when you think you've heard it all. Here is a 26 year old woman that went it for brain surgery to have a tumor removed. What they would end up removing wasn't a tumor, but her 'evil twin'. Hair, teeth, bone and all...Inside her f@^% ing brain!

The term for this is called "teratoma". It happens when the germ cells (which later go on to develop sperm and eggs) abnormally develop.

m.livescience.com...

It never ceases to amaze me what wrenches nature throws our way. She only discovered this after realizing she couldn't understand what was being said when she was in a room where two people were talking.

Apologies for the lack of substance in this thread. My next thread is going to be great as it's a topic that i've researched greatly and think about often and is related to this.

Enjoy the new knowledge and try not to freak out too much next time you wander off and can't focus on a conversation that people are having. There's probably not an evil twin living in your brain.....or maybe there is....cue "Twilight Zone" music.

Ghost

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Just when you think you've read it all and something like this pops up crazy crazy stuff...looking forward to your next post

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

sounds like stephen king did some research into this when he wrote The Dark Half.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What the hell, i nearly threw up my lunch.

Wouldnt mind putting a camera in my head though and see my own brain, i dont want to do it like Hannibal though.

Read that Jeffrey Dahmer tried some diy brain surgery to create a zombie.

Anyone heard of Trapination:

Hole in the head

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Proves the old adage "Fact is stranger than fiction". Have never heard, read, or thought of this before. She really wrapped her head around her family.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

If it was large enough to have hair, teeth, and bone I'm surprised it only made that little of an impact on her comprehension.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

She really wrapped her head around her family.

My turn:

It was just trying to get ahead...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Two heads are better than one?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I know twins are very close, but this is taking it to far!

I read a book some years ago that had a nice
man who had a Evil twin like this in his brain.
The evil one was a sick killer.
And the good one killed him self to stop him.

Any one get head aches a lot?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Any one get head aches a lot?

or stab your self with pencils, or massive flocks of sparrows show up, or maybe a drive a olds toronado, that says one high toned sob on the trunk.

see my post above. oh and he didn't kill himself in this book, he killed the absorbed evil twin manifestation. later on in Needful Things and Bag Of Bones you find out what happened to him and his family then he kills himself.

edit on 24-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I didn't see anywhere that stated how large the tumor was. Most of the time with these teratomas (which are not all that uncommon) they are dermoids. Little cysts or pouches that contain teeth, hair and bone pieces and fragments, not full formed skulls with attached pieces. So think more pouch of body parts ala Blair Witch Project and less brain cavity fetus.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Lol it is interesting and scary

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The woman's struggle is probably far from over. The problem would be the hair folicules. I know a kid who had a part of his esophagus missing at birth along with other deformity issues. Well he had a lump in his eye that was growing and when he had surgery they found out it was a hair growing so it was removed, but even though it was taken out, hairs have a nasty habit of regrowing so on top of his problems, he will most likely have multiple surgeries on his eye throughout his life to keep removing it. This will probably result in blindness in his right eye, but at least he is alive and doing well. p.s. The doctors did surgery to fix his esophagus immediately after he was born.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sixxster

That's what I figured, but dang it is still disturbing!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

brings a whole new meaning to "get your hair in a knot".

How about "grow SOME teeth"

hehe

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I used to work in an operating room as a Registered Nurse. I have seen this on many occasions with tumors/cysts that were removed from different parts of the body.

Not gonna lie. The first time I saw it, it freaked me the F out.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
what if religions meandering predictions, had some truth , and on the day of repositioning/embodiments of good and evil , something akin to this happened ..

funbox

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AleisterShe really wrapped her head around her family.

That makes no sense.

new topics

top topics

join