It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange phone call made the day of JFK's assassination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hello, ATS. I was listening to a thing about unexplainable phone calls yesterday and heard about one that was associated with John F. Kennedy's assassination. Supposedly, a woman with a whispering voice called a switchboard in Oxnard, California. The woman at the switchboard got a co worker so he could hear what was being said as well. The caller said that Kennedy would be killed at 10:10 that day. Halfway through the call, the woman put down the phone and the operators heard her dialing another number (presumably on another phone). They asked her if she needed help and she said no, that she was on the phone. After that, she upped the time of the assassination to 10:30. She then hung up. The operators wrote the call off as just another nut job. That is, until they got word that JFK was indeed killed at 10:30.
I did a search on this subject on ATS and came up blank, which surprised me. I would have thought that somebody here would have posted a thread on this. It's just so bizarre. I'll share the video below. The part about Kennedy is at the 7:45 mark. I've been unable to find any other mention of it anywhere on youtube. I did a google search and got a few hits but they looked like they were from other forums and I don't want to post them here because I don't know if it will violate t&cs. Here's the video:

What do you think of this? Have you ever heard of this before?

MODS: I posted this in General Chit Chat because I was unsure if it would count as an actual conspiracy theory. I thought this would be a safe place to put it. I know that you hate being asked to relocate threads and at the risk of raising your ire I'm asking anyway. If you feel that this is an inappropriate place to post this, please feel free to move it.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
Back in the day the phone systems were a little different than they are now. Operators had a penchant for listening in on phone traffic. The people in the know may have communicated via telephone thinking they were undetected by anyone.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Turkenstein

But how did she know when Kennedy was going to be shot? To me, that's the real question.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I have never heard about this before, which amazes me with all the docos I have seen on the assassination.

It seems that there has been some speculation that the woman was KAryn Kupcinet, whos murder is associated with the assasination...
Karyn Kupcinet

mcadams.posc.mu.edu...

edit on 24/4/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Interesting post!

I don't know that I have ever read about that call or heard of it in any of the documentaries. I wonder if it's sort of a conspiracy urban legend like the guy riding down the floors as one of the building's collapsed on 9-11.

Thanks for posting, gives us something to look into.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Isn't there a mystery woman that is shown in some of the JFK assasination pictures.
One that no one can find, i think i remember seeing that on here at one point.

Maybe she who called the place, was also that lady who witnessed it that no one can find.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Why is it the real question? JFK was assassinated by a well prepared assassin who knew exactly where to be, and at what time to be there. Surely the assassin wasn't doing it just for himself, I would bet he worked for people much more powerful. He was just the weapon. I'm sure others knew when and where it would happen too.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Thank you! I didn't think anyone was going to comment at first. I'll look through the links you posted. The wikipedia thing looked really interesting.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

You're welcome.
I hadn't heard of it in anything I've watched or read. It blew me away. I believe it to be true but am unsure. It's something to dig into.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

You're talking about the Babushka woman. That's what they call her, anyway. I guess the cops and feds were really wanting to talk to her but as far as I know, never found her.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Yes, why is a very good question. As for Oswald, I've seen documentaries and read a lot of stuff that suggests he was just a patsy. I think it was an organization, one that's wealthy and well coordinated, that pulled it off.
There was a prostitute that was associated with Jack Ruby that also said Kennedy was going to be killed. She died from a hit and run not long after Kennedy was killed. As for the caller, I have no clue.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

As for Oswald, I've seen documentaries and read a lot of stuff that suggests he was just a patsy

Physics pretty much demand that Oswald was not the only shooter, unless one believes in magic bullets.

The first shot (through the windshield and into Kennedy's neck), came from the front (grassy knoll), and couldn't be Oswald.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I also saw a documentary (I forget which one but it was on Netflix) that claimed that the head shots also came from the front. I said that the body was left unattended on Air force One and that agents modified the entrance wounds somehow to make them look like exit wounds. I have no idea how true that is. There are so many theories.
The phone call is what really gets me. I doubt that the woman was psychic, so she had to have been connected to it in some way. It suggests that it was an organized hit, rather than a lone nut.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have read nearly every post. Watched nearly every video and documentary and followed the whole JFK thing for a long time. At the end of the day Im left with this thought:
Does it really matter anymore? Lets say for the sake of argument we find out that the American Government (without a shadow of a doubt) planned and executed the entire thing.... what then? Who do you bring to justice? Can you bring anyone to justice? What will the end result be? Will it change anything? Short of a revolution actually taking place.. eliminating the entire government, its workers, its backers etc etc... nothing will change. Yet the amount of effort put into this topic could power a city indefinitely.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There's tons to support an organized hit. Can't remember the guy's name, but there was a retired FBI guy that was part of the investigation, who had a lot to say on it. I believe he was one of those pointing out the bullet in the neck through the windshield too. He seemed to think a certain individual was involved. The suspects are largely existing/former CIA, etc. I'm sure you can find it on YouTube, etc.

Let's face it, JFK had his share of enemies. I'm not one of his biggest fans (it's still a miracle WW3 didn't happen on his watch), but I have to think they could have done something else than assassinate him. The fact that the real killers got away with it is certainly a testament to it being a well-planned hit. (complete with a patsy to take the fall).

And JFK wasn't the first or only. Long history of assassinations surrounding the guy and his associates, etc.

It's not the government that took him out, just a faction within it.
And yeah, you can forget them ever being tried for it. Willing to bet they covered their tracks just fine on it.

edit on 28-4-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

I actually looked up this thread in the hopes there would be an illuminating thread concerning Miss Kupcinet.

The video is the same list with slight less detail than a cracked article from October 2014.

The 6 Creepiest Unexplained Phone Calls

Personally I think the first story about Brandon Swanson is the weirdest on the list. Looks like I need to do some additional research on Karyn...

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tybrus

Yes too much energy has been spent on this, it is obvious that it was not done by Oswald or Oswald alone. As to why it matters... it demonstrates your government's true nature, if "they" can do this and get away with it or cover it up long enough, what else have they done? Actually what else are they doing? Unless you believe the nature of the government has changed since then and they are now all honest hard working public servants who go to work each day with a feeling of satisfaction that they have contributed a lot to the national welfare, even if the nation hasn't contributed a lot to their welfare fund, they work for love of country.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wikipage on Kupcinet

He also theorized that Kupcinet may have accidentally or intentionally overdosed on pills.[1]

Notice how woman tied to the Kennedies around the years near and after the assassination are dying of overdoes.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My guess is the lady that made the call was in TX where it is an hour earlier central/standard time and said JFK had been killed today at 10:10am. Then, she bumped the time up because he was shot and 10:10am but not declared dead until after he arrived at Parkland hospital . If she had seen the assassination or just heard about it, screaming or crying could have effected her voice.

new topics

top topics

join