It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's nuclear arsenal could be twice as big as earlier estimates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Chinese experts believe the Stalinist state has 20 warheads - and the ability to make another 20 every year - meaning that North Korea's arsenal could overtake Britain's within a decade

www.telegraph.co.uk...

One risk is that North Korea’s regime might sell a warhead to terrorists. “The more nuclear weapons they have, the more willing they may be to sell some to a willing buyer, particularly a terrorist group,” said Mr Fitzpatrick.

Why does it look to me like a set up? Why compare North Korea to Britain? It looks to me like once 'untouchables' like USA and Britain are becoming weak as other nations like Iran and North Korea are becoming strong? Looks to me like the bases are loading. There is no more 'world police'. Everything is changing. What will the world look like for my children?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
One is more than enough.

For anybody.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

How could they deliver one anyway? Build a giant catapult?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Maybe it has more to do with Britain wanting to expand and update their's . Personally , knowing that if you have these bombs ,you become a target , I would decline but who can fault NK for their paranoia ....

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am not sure why china would warn the US about NK nukes... either they are trying to start something or they are washing their hands of NK.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
Why compare North Korea to Britain?

Because this is a British paper, it's called creating a comparison. Britain has so many weapons, and the paper is explaining that NK could overtake the number of weapons we have. It's a simple statement and means nothing to most people - unless you want to desperately read more into than there actually is.

And yes, it is a threat to global security.

NK is perhaps the most irrationally dangerous nation on the planet. It's a dictatorship run by a child and his equally mentally deranged family. NK is basically a cult compound, and they have Nuclear capability. Strangely, they haven't even begun to use the technology for energy production, which tells you something about their motivations.

At some point we're going to have to deal with NK, and it is not going to be pretty.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
I am not sure why china would warn the US about NK nukes... either they are trying to start something or they are washing their hands of NK.

It's always something bad with you lot isn't it.

Always a boogie man about.

What has America done peacefully for the world? They WON'T even lift a finger to save their own citizens in Yemen.

edit on 23-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Why does it look to me like a set up?

Probably because it looks like one .... and the author is David Blair .... Blair !

I wonder if these "Chinese experts" are either Chinese or experts ?

One risk is that North Korea’s regime might sell a warhead to terrorists. “The more nuclear weapons they have, the more willing they may be to sell some to a willing buyer, particularly a terrorist group,” said Mr Fitzpatrick.
Instead of selling a finished weapon, North Korea could choose to transfer weapons-grade uranium. The terrorists would then use this material to make their own device. Weapons-grade uranium is “easier to fashion into a weapon than is plutonium if you are a terrorist group,” said Mr Fitzpatrick.

edit on 23-4-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Ok.. now try dealing with the point I raised instead of your usual ignorant rants. That way you won't continue to derail the thread.

Why would china warn the US when china is NK ally.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

If the North starts something with the South ... again ... because they've developed nukes, a preemptive strike is pretty much assured.

Might be that the Chinese are acknowledging this in their round-about way of diplomacy. Sounds to me like a tacit acknowledgement/acceptance of the inevitable. That might take their (the Chinese) strategic assets off the target package list.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I can't see China just sitting their if the north starts popping of nukes. China has come to far to be dragged down by little kimmy..

I'm more concerned about NK selling a couple nukes.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

And yes, it is a threat to global security.

NK is perhaps the most irrationally dangerous nation on the planet. It's a dictatorship run by a child and his equally mentally deranged family. NK is basically a cult compound, and they have Nuclear capability. Strangely, they haven't even begun to use the technology for energy production, which tells you something about their motivations.

At some point we're going to have to deal with NK, and it is not going to be pretty.

Here's hoping they™ can hold off for another couple of months.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
When "it" finally happens, it will probabaly be a from a source we were not expecting, something we thought was safe or under control but wasn't.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
When "it" finally happens, it will probabaly be a from a source we were not expecting, something we thought was safe or under control but wasn't.

At which point this country will wage war with all the might its people can muster.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Ok.. now try dealing with the point I raised instead of your usual ignorant rants. That way you won't continue to derail the thread.

Why would china warn the US when china is NK ally.

Maybe China don't like them having Nukes either. They are on their doorstep, YOU are not.

North Korea has no history of using Nukes in Anger, neither does Russia, neither does China, AMERICA has, TWICE.

Who am I more scared off? The people that have a history of using them in anger. The same country that is occupying a large part of the planet with their MILITARY.

edit on 23-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Don't pull a Japan and attack the US. Your failure to know WWII history aside, lets come back to N. Koreas nuclear weapons and little kimmys inability to act like anything other than a clueless spoiled brat and their ally china warning others about said brat.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
America can try to contain Iran, but not North Korea, weird world we live in. And yet America has military bases just minutes away from North Korea by North Korean's missiles.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
America can try to contain Iran, but not North Korea, weird world we live in. And yet America has military bases just minutes away from North Korea by North Korean's missiles.

And north korea has military bases just minutes away from S. Korean military bases. Not to mention the Korean war never ended in anything other than a cease fire. Or the fact there are still UNSC resolutions in effect authorizing military action to defend the south.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I feel like if North Korea had nukes and the ability to launch them they would have already. I still don't understand why the world tolerates North Korea.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Maybe it has more to do with Britain wanting to expand and update their's

^ This

Plus an upcoming election and a UK newspaper.

No story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join