It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Benghazi panel calls Clinton to testify

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hillary, do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and NOTHING but the truth?

Hahahahahahaaaaaaa....yeah, right!

The chairman of a House committee investigating the 2012 attacks on Americans in Benghazi, Libya, on Thursday called former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to testify at a public hearing next month, setting up a high-profile showdown over Clinton's use of a private email account and server while she was secretary of state.

Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., said he wants Clinton to testify the week of May 18 and again before June 18. The first hearing would focus on Clinton's use of private emails, and the second on the September 2012 attacks that killed four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya.

"With her cooperation and that of the State Department and (Obama) administration, Secretary Clinton could be done with the Benghazi Committee before the Fourth of July," Gowdy said in a statement.

It is necessary to call Clinton to appear twice "because the committee needs to ensure we have a complete and responsive record and all the facts before we then substantively question her on the Benghazi terrorist attacks," Gowdy said.

And what did Mrs. Clinton's lawyer say about this call to testify?

A lawyer for Clinton said she is prepared to answer questions publicly regarding the Benghazi attacks and her email use as soon as possible.

"There is no reason to delay her appearance or to have her testify in a private interview," lawyer David Kendall said Wednesday in a letter to Gowdy

She will answer questions publicly, but he did not say she would answer them "truthfully". She is unable to speak the truth with that forked tongue of hers. I cannot wait until she is utterly, totally defeated. I don't even care if it's by a Dem! Hillary cannot be President.

Source

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Glad they are wasting time and money on another one of these investigatons.

This is what the third one now?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
She is not as Slick as Bill.

"What Difference Does it Make" is not sufficient.

I doubt she ever answers a single question.

However, with Gowdy's skill this would be "Must See TV".

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
How long before she falls down and bumps her head again just in time to miss the hearing?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
There have been inquiries, hearings, documents produced, and in-depth investigations into Benghazi than the entire 2nd Iraq war.

Four Americans died in Benghazi, over 5,000 servicemen died in Iraq.

When you put things into perspective this whole thing seems ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
There have been inquiries, hearings, documents produced, and in-depth investigations into Benghazi than the entire 2nd Iraq war.

Four Americans died in Benghazi, over 5,000 servicemen died in Iraq.

When you put things into perspective this whole thing seems ridiculous.

At this point, it still makes a difference.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

What difference does it make?

How many times do we need to look into this to find the same thing?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: StoutBroux

What difference does it make?

How many times do we need to look into this to find the same thing?

Just a guess?

But maybe because this administration wasn't forthcoming with the documents requested for the hearings?

It's okay. I think your political allegiance is already well noted........

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I hav a feeling most people are just tired of the Benghazi investigations. I have no idea how many there have been and they keep turning up as a big zero.

Has there ever been a point in our history such has been repeatedly done? It is reminiscent of a witch trial. I am pretty sure the Iran-Contra didn't see this many inquiries.

Beating a dead horse no matter how much they do it the thing isn't going anywhere.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The people pushing these endless, pointless investigations should pay for it out of their own pockets.

And what MM said.

Beyond ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I hav a feeling most people are just tired of the Benghazi investigations. I have no idea how many there have been and they keep turning up as a big zero.

Has there ever been a point in our history such has been repeatedly done? It is reminiscent of a witch trial. I am pretty sure the Iran-Contra didn't see this many inquiries.

Beating a dead horse no matter how much they do it the thing isn't going anywhere.

I think if you were the U.S. Ambassador or his family.

And you were brutally killed and possibly sodomized.

I think you would want them to do it until they got it right.

I believe the guys that were there...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So in every investigation they have with held documents?

This has been investigated over and over again with the same result over and over again...

Yes, political allegiance is showing on both sides here seeker.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

It was just a spontaneous reaction to a video in Arabic.

Just ask Susan.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I believe the dead don't care and I am not sure what the family has said on the matter maybe that can be posted and if they are calling for more investigations at that point they should be made pseudo spokesmen.

Our government through its actions as led to the deaths of thousands of innocents yet they must not be important enough to get attention.

Using the dead and their families as an excuse for never ending investigations is just cheap because any fool can tell this is purely political.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
The people pushing these endless, pointless investigations should pay for it out of their own pockets.

And what MM said.

Beyond ridiculous.
They get paid no matter what they're doing, so I'm good with them doing this vs writing more laws, which is their only alternative to "doing something".

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'd rather my tax dollars go to pay for this rather than the cost of those IRS skits, the DEAs sex parties, or the cost of sending back a plane to pick up Michelle Obama and her security team from Hawaii.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Dec 10, 2012

Shortly after the October 2011 death of Qaddafi, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced in Tripoli that the U.S. was committing $40 million to help Libya “secure and recover its weapons stockpiles.” Department of State Assistant Secretary Andrew Shapiro confirms DOS had a weapons buy-back program in Libya that was also supported by the UK who gave $1.5 million, the Netherlands gave $1.2 million, Germany gave about $1 million and our neighbor to the north, Canada gave $1.6 million to purchase the deadly arsenal that went missing after the fall of Qaddafi.

The State Department was specifically looking to acquire the 20,000 MANPADS (they are commonly known as man-portable air shoulder-fire missiles) that went missing once Qaddafi was killed.

OOps !!!

Did CIA and State Department Run Illegal Arms Trafficking in Benghazi?

Oh wait, never mind......I forgot:
"What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Boy ong ong ong

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I would rather mine go to none of those or this...

Does that change that this is useless and just beating a dead horse some how?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Not exactly what I meant...but um...okay?

Frankly I think Congress deserves a massive pay and benefit cut. They're worthless.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I agree with you. If it was my loved one that died because of someone elses stupidity, I would not stop till I got answers.Then once having them, I would want justice for my loved one. If you take on the position,you take on the responsibility of making sound judgements.If you fail that,then you have to step up and answer as to why. Or don't be in that position.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join