It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comcast Plans to Drop Time Warner Cable Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It sounds like Comcast got bored waiting for the FCC, and is giving up on buying Time Warner.
For now.

Source
Source 2

Now if only we could break both of them up into smaller, less evil corporations!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Honestly, I am very happy about this. I can only speak from my experience - when dealing with comcast for customers, they've been very 'nazi-esque' and unhelpful, and in some cases downright rude.

TWC on the other hand, while sometimes not helpful, I've yet to get an incompetent or rude person.

And yes, I think they 'landlock' should be ended - and if that means break up into smaller parts...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The solution is to end monopolies. Allow competition. Right now the government only allows one provider. Let me choose who I want, not forced into whatever company pays you.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
There are too many places where there is only one provider. It gets better when you have two or three competing, but not by much.

I remember that it used to cost over $100/month for a bare handful of channels when we only had one provider, but as soon as we moved into an area with two or three competing providers, the same money all of a sudden would get you upwards of 100 channels, on basic.

Competition is the answer, and once you have more providers than you need to allow users access to pick their channels a la carte instead of forcing them buy bundled packages.

top topics

join