It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes: Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation as Russians Pressed for Control of Uranium Company

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Hillary's goose is cooked.

The Clinton's could always weasel out of one scandal at a time, she is going to have dozens and get buried under it all.

And?
Your life will change how?
Some Russians giving a donation to the Clinton Foundation affects you how?

I take it you will have no objections when oil Barons donate to Jeb's war chest then.

Who is the Bush family?

They had a slap on the wrist for funding Nazis...

Sonof the one slapped for funding Nazis
-President and CIA chief
...son of ^ : President
........you tell me.
edit on 23-4-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

It doesnt matter how I feel. Or how you feel. Or how the Saudi royal family feel or Vladimir Putin or anyone.

Things happen.

you cant do a damn thing about it.
get used to it.

edit on 23-4-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I guess this thread is still waiting on people that care.
Citizens United kinda took the thunder out of who gave how much to who.
And it doesnt matter since the scotus said so...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I don't see why not. You have to remember the cost of what the Clintons gave up for that $2.5 million is zero. It cost nothing to look the other way and approve this deal. If you could invest $0 and get a return of $2.5 mill (and that's just what we know of at this time), would you do it? There may have been additional "donations" as well, so the final take is unknown.

Independent here, and I can't stand ANY of the candidates, but the fact that Clinton is running for president rather than running from a prosecution is just sickening me.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So...Russians buy a company...give money to the Clinton foundation. No Clinton is in any kind of political power to help or seal the business deal.

Why is this a bfd?

Because that is not at all what happened.

Hillary was Sec. of State and they had to sign off on it. They also circumvented the law that prevents foreigners from donating to an election, by donating to the foundation.

It's pure corruption.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

So...Russians buy a company...give money to the Clinton foundation. No Clinton is in any kind of political power to help or seal the business deal.

Why is this a bfd?

That bastion of conservatism, The New York Times thought it was a 13-page bfd.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mountainmeg
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I don't see why not. You have to remember the cost of what the Clintons gave up for that $2.5 million is zero. It cost nothing to look the other way and approve this deal. If you could invest $0 and get a return of $2.5 mill (and that's just what we know of at this time), would you do it? There may have been additional "donations" as well, so the final take is unknown.

Independent here, and I can't stand ANY of the candidates, but the fact that Clinton is running for president rather than running from a prosecution is just sickening me.

It's not impossible, but unless there were other silver linings (which is possible) I can almost assure you that they would not take on that level of risk for such a low bribe. These people are neither that desperate, nor that stupid. They are not low level politicians or officials.

Note that I am not precluding the possibility of their corruption.

Also, it is important to remember that lobbyists and corporations are ALWAYS donating money to candidates and their foundations, more directly than donating to Clinton Foundation. Remember that CF is fundamentally an NGO that works on global development issues. It does not funnel money to campaigns for the Clintons. Contrast this with many of our politicians receiving hefty campaign contributions, which is more direct corruption. Look at the fact that Koch brothers, who are moneyed corporate interests, will be giving hundreds of millions of dollars, HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS, for the upcoming presidential elections and probably deals worth less than the uranium deal. This is what I mean, 2.5 million is chump change to Clinton, Koch, Bush. Such a donation might get you an Ambassadorship position, lol. Literally. That's a whole other form of corruption. But I digress.
edit on 24-4-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I wish the Clinton body count would, at some point, include non-Americans....seriously, stop killing us
Or better yet, stop killing people altogether....Americans or otherwise
What did we ever do to yall?
-Christosterone

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Romney says it looks like bribery:

Source

Romney said, “I was stunned by it. I mean, it looks like bribery. I mean, there is every appearance that Hillary Clinton was bribed to grease the sale of, what, 20% of America’s uranium production to Russia, and then it was covered up by lying about a meeting at her home with the principals, and by erasing emails. And you know, I presume we might know for sure whether there was or was not bribery, if she hadn’t wiped out thousands of emails. But this is a very, very serious series of facts, and it looks like bribery.”

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully
Biggity bump!
How come nobody talked about this?
I had no idea about it- thanks for the post!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Spodeeodee

It's all a bit more suspicious on more than one level that is for sure.

Especially when you throw the annexation of Crimea and the war going on in Ukraine in there.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Although this is the first I heard the specifics of this oil company donor situation, there have been reports for a long time about Clinton's foundation accepting large donations from foreign governments while she was Secretary of State.

This is just one report from over a year ago, and nothing seems to have been done about it:
Foreign governments gave millions to foundation while Clinton was at State Dept.

The Clinton Foundation accepted millions of dollars from seven foreign governments during Hillary Rodham Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state, including one donation that violated its ethics agreement with the Obama administration, foundation officials disclosed Wednesday. Most of the contributions were possible because of exceptions written into the foundation’s 2008 agreement, which included limits on foreign-government donations.

In addition to Algeria donating to the foundation, at a time when they were lobbying the US on human rights issues:

Some of the donations came from countries with complicated diplomatic, military and financial relationships with the U.S. government, including Kuwait, Qatar and Oman. Other nations that donated included Australia, Norway and the Dominican Republic.

A review of foundation disclosures shows that at least two foreign governments — Germany and the United Arab Emirates — began giving in 2013 after the funding restrictions lapsed when Clinton left the Obama administration.

The situation with this oil company is likely just one of many that will now be investigated.

Accepting such donations exposes someone in her position to all kinds of corruption charges.

How can she run for president? Why is she not in jail?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join