It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes: Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation as Russians Pressed for Control of Uranium Company

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What do you think? Is an investigation in order?

Source

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation.

Hmmm.

Very suspicious.

Good thing this corruption is getting exposed.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Rand Paul wants an investigation.

Source

This really has been the particular case of the Clinton Cash that bothers me the most and that should bother voters the most. We now have a uranium company that is control of 20 percent of the uranium mining in North America—that’s owned by the Russians. This deal had to be approved by Hillary Clinton and it turns out that the stockholders in that company gave $145 million to Hillary Clinton’s foundation. I can’t imagine how she could be a part of the decision-making process while she received so much money in her foundation—$145 million.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So...Russians buy a company...give money to the Clinton foundation. No Clinton is in any kind of political power to help or seal the business deal.

Why is this a bfd?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
So...Russians buy a company...give money to the Clinton foundation. No Clinton is in any kind of political power to help or seal the business deal.

Why is this a bfd?

Russians donating money to the (at the time) Secretary of State's foundation and that doesn't seem the least bit suspicious to you?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

Source

This really has been the particular case of the Clinton Cash that bothers me the most and that should bother voters the most. We now have a uranium company that is control of 20 percent of the uranium mining in North America—that’s owned by the Russians. This deal had to be approved by Hillary Clinton and it turns out that the stockholders in that company gave $145 million to Hillary Clinton’s foundation. I can’t imagine how she could be a part of the decision-making process while she received so much money in her foundation—$145 million.

Okay, Rand...we also have whole companies owned by Chinese, Japanese, and others operating and owning huge tracts of land in the US.
But that's all lazy faire economy, right?
If it were 'mericans screwing 'mericans it would be okay...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Source

Okay, Rand...we also have whole companies owned by Chinese, Japanese, and others operating and owning huge tracts of land in the US.

That's right, just deflect from the issue at hand instead of actually paying attention.

Typical.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

Oh I have no doubt this is true. Canadian mining companies are literally some of the worst companies in the world.

Truly an evil bunch. Our country is being sold part and parcel it seems to both China and Russia.

I hope Rand gets his investigation and demolishes her. Not that I support him for POTUS but he does have the kind of attitude that makes him not let go of things.

I don't mind when its not something crazy

-Tenth

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

What do you think? Is an investigation in order?

Yes, but since all the evidence was probably on Hillary's personal server, it's won't matter.

Karma can be a Bitch...I hope she catches up to Hillary before the Primary.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Why is this a bfd?

Russians donating money to the (at the time) Secretary of State's foundation and that doesn't seem the least bit suspicious to you?

Considering the role of Secretary of State has little to do with business deals and there isnt any office to run for...no...I also see no other donations listed, THAT is what I find odd.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Source

That's right, just deflect from the issue at hand instead of actually paying attention.

Typical.

No. Rand's response was typical. Mine was genuine. I have no cult of personality to maintain.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Why is this a bfd?

Considering the role of Secretary of State has little to do with business deals and there isnt any office to run for...no...I also see no other donations listed, THAT is what I find odd.

You underestimate Hillary's involvement with this deal...

Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.S ource

Deals involving Uranium don't just happen without the approval of the State Dept.

There's also this from the same article:

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

edit on 4/23/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

From the article it says her office was involved in approving the Russian bid. So I guess it had something to do with it? Unless I misunderstand?

Uranium investors’ efforts to buy mining assets in Kazakhstan and the United States led to a takeover bid by a Russian state-owned energy company. The investors gave millions to the Clinton Foundation over the same period, while Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton’s office was involved with approving the Russian bid.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey...
I really don't care either way. Uranium mining is not my business. If companies that own land in the US want to sell it to foreign investors...so be it.
The people that owned the land to begin with had to have the desire to want to sell it for the most profit as capitalism dictates and it seems that meant to the Russians. Whether or not they were Canadian is another matter...who let the Canadians buy a uranium mine In the first place?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The big problem I have is in translation to news coming from the language barriers . But .

19th April 2015, Kiev – First stage of sale of Ukraine began: 342 objects from strategic reserve of Ukraine (about 3000 objects in reserve) be sold during several months. During previous 23 years of mass privatization, governments of Ukraine created and didn’t touch strategic reserve, because state companies from there giving income to state budget. But Kiev junta are agents of the sale of Ukraine. Ayvaras Abromavichus (real name Ayvar Abramovich) Lithuanian-Jewish “guest” in the government of Kiev junta preparing the first stage of the sale of Ukraine.

Translation of article from Kiev junta media, 17th April 2015:

“Abromavichus puts on sale the first state-owned enterprises in the near future”. Ayvaras Abromavichus, Minister of Economic Development of Ukraine plans to sell the first public companies in the coming months. He said it in the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington (USA), reports RBC-Ukraine. He also said which state-owned enterprises will be sold in the first place. “If we look at what will be most willing to put up for sale, it assets in the agricultural sector, such as” Ukrspirt”, grain elevators owned by State Grain Corporation, some companies in the energy sector, such as “Tsentrenergo” – he said. He added that some companies from the chemical industry will be sold. He said that the first companies to be sold over the next few months.” Source, Kiev media
thesaker.is...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I immediately made the connection when Harper immediately dispatched former John Baird off to Ukraine to stand shoulder to shoulder with the new neo-nazie party to show Canada's support .YUCK ..don't it really make you want to puke .The only way the next election could get any worse in Canada is if Hillary was to run .

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hillary's goose is cooked.

The Clinton's could always weasel out of one scandal at a time, she is going to have dozens and get buried under it all.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Why is this a bfd?

You underestimate Hillary's involvement with this deal...

Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.S ource

Deals involving Uranium don't just happen without the approval of the State Dept.

There's also this from the same article:

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

While this could be suspicious, yes, the sums that you are mentioning are CHUMP CHANGE for the Clinton Foundation. The $500,000 for a speech is not. HOWEVER, let me tell you right now that you can bet your a$$ that the Clintons or other powers that be would require more than $2.5 million in donations to CF and a lucrative speech contract to make a deal that big....

Clinton Foundation and the Clinton's can't be bought that cheap lol..

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

The Clinton's could always weasel out of one scandal at a time, she is going to have dozens and get buried under it all.

And?
Your life will change how?
Some Russians giving a donation to the Clinton Foundation affects you how?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

And?
Your life will change how?
Some Russians giving a donation to the Clinton Foundation affects you how?

I take it you will have no objections when oil Barons donate to Jeb's war chest then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join