It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V-22 Osprey getting more capable. I'm starting to really love this bird.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: buddah6

Switching to "Osprey 2.0" was the best decision they made. They're still having issues, but nothing like they were. It doesn't help that for years the services cheated on labeling Class A mishaps as non-Class A through loopholes.

It's a new type of aircraft and a lot of problems are expected. I know about all of the pencil whipping by the Marines of their maintenance records. There was a good documentary done several years ago about the Osprey's first combat tour in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

It's not nearly as bad as people think it is. But beyond the pencil whipping they would list Depot work as unit work, which kept the cost below a Class A level. They eventually just changed the definition of a Class A.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
We need some of these made already.

This would be awesome.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I almost forgot about this underbelly machine gun video.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

lol . thoonk!

edit on 23-4-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The only thing this turkey will ever be good for is sucking dollars out of the taxpayer.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
See they have the Brownout system added too.

I love this Aircraft.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Well, it is not like the V-22 has been the first tiltrotor out there. Prototypes have been flying since the fifties...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

I wonder if the any future variants will have thrust vector engines mounted as apposed to propellers, because the thing will look like the drop ship from Halo or Aliens if it does.

edit on 24-4-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Well, it is not like the V-22 has been the first tiltrotor out there. Prototypes have been flying since the fifties...

I'm aware of the Bell XV-5 in the 1950's, then the Bell XV-15 in the 1970's and finally the Bell/Agusta 609.

I was fortunate enough to see the V-15 fly at the Dayton air show but I can't remember the year. I have always been interested in vertical/short take off aircraft.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's not nearly as bad as people think it is. But beyond the pencil whipping they would list Depot work as unit work, which kept the cost below a Class A level. They eventually just changed the definition of a Class A.

What is the Marines favorite saying? Adapt, modify and overcome.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

The difference is that the V-22 is the first to become operational. The others were test platforms.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I neglected to see and post this link to an ATS thread from justwanttofly last December on that months tests. Since I mentioned them I should have linked it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/24/2015 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join