It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if? The greatest conspiracy ever?!?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Your last two lines sum it up fairly neatly I think.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail?

Seems to fit your train of thought. Which I can totally agree with being very possible.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Most conspiracies are wrong, that's why most never get proven correct. Just normal human paranoia.

Someone (you) needs to learn the definition of conspiracy.

I deal with conspiracy FACTS.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

Most conspiracies are wrong, that's why most never get proven correct. Just normal human paranoia.

Someone (you) needs to learn the definition of conspiracy.

I deal with conspiracy FACTS.

Exactly....

A conspiracy is when....a secret plan made by two or more people to do something that is harmful or illegal. ... the act of secretly planning to do something that is harmful or illegal.

www.merriam-webster.com...

And to think this doesn't happen at all levels of society and culture; shows a total lack of awareness and a foolish view of reality.

A proper conspiracy is one that no one knows even exists and the trip down the rabbit hole only reveals fantasy and illusion.
edit on 23-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Let's suppose that there are no conspiracies and some people just make bad decisions or choices - probably the majority of us aren't in a position to reap any good from someone else's screw-ups.

But, some people are in a position to exploit the idiocies of their fellow man. And, that, I think is something that separates the Us from the Them.

Most of us can't see any way at all to reap a reward from a black helicopter buzzing about overhead or someone going nuts and shooting people.

So long as there are some who ARE in a position to benefit from that sort of event, can we be blamed for suspecting a conspiracy?

Does it make a person even more powerful when they can just practice opportunism rather than make nefarious plans? Because you'd need quite a network in place to accomplish that.

Try this exercise - you're sitting indoors and you hear a noise outside. Think of all the things that noise could possibly be, then try and pick a winner.

You might be able to narrow it down a bit, but without actually having seen the creature or event that created the disturbance, how will you ever be sure what happened?

Supposing someone else did see what happened - are they going to tell you. If not, why not? Can you trust them to tell you the whole truth?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What if the real trick is knowing what to what if and what not to what if.

Anywho, what iffing is fun and enlightening most of the time.

That just popped into my head.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i think many will have that feeling on Monday...its going to be as if you've just wasted the last 15 years on nothing at all.

nothing much happened and not much is on the schedule.

all of this you considered important will vanish into thin air and you'll just carry on wondering...hope you didn't bet to big.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bobbypurify

Laughing my ass off at that one :>) yea op what if ?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Asked and answered, 2. Asked and answered

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I cant totally agree with you because there is a mystery within the Bible that "if" they had known who Jesus was they would not have crucified Him .God never trusted His Holy ones but had a genuine good plan to over through the evil element of it all .

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Most conspiracy theories are just someone lying to themselves so they can think things are the way they see them or wish them to be.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Let's suppose that there are no conspiracies and some people just make bad decisions or choices - probably the majority of us aren't in a position to reap any good from someone else's screw-ups.
You might like to read about the banker screw ups in the mortgage scandals . Oh wait , I guess the final essay hasn't been written on that one just yet .

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ha!

Sometimes I sit and think, "There can't be people sitting in high backed office chairs, with a metal claw stroking a cat with an evil laugh..."

It's easier for us to wrap our brains around the idea that there is some kind of organized conspiracy against the people by the 1% of the population's richest.

I think, for the most part, those rich people are as clueless about everything as we are. The big difference is that they live in an insulated world, and make their decisions from that spot.

Sure, they might get together for trade meetings and country clubs like Bohemian Grove, but I they're human beings like us -- (unless you think they're shape shifting reptilians) which means they're going to be greedy, selfish and look out for themselves. I don't think there's some kind of NWO conspiracy per-se...

I think that globalization benefits each of these wealthy people personally, and it is in their interests to see it come to fruition. They'd as soon sink their competitor than see the working class starve.

There's a lot more chaos than order in the world, and it seems those of us down in the middle and bottom ranks wish badly it wasn't so -- this is why we attribute conspiracies to these organizations. We badly want to believe that the world isn't as chaotic and crazy as it is.

Life is like a timed shopping spree. Some people (the richest, most powerful) understand this. They are smashing and grabbing as much as they can, knocking over anyone that gets in their way -- even other rich and powerful people. It's human nature, plain and simple.
edit on 23-4-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I console myself, sometimes, with the idea that somewhere out there is a bald headed man on a strange suit petting his car and laughing at everybody. Evilly laughing.

But you make a very good point. I think a lot of the "powers that be" got where they are because, frankly, they're just more ruthless than others. But they're still people and still capable of getting screwed with. They just have more power to fight back or pre-empt it.

But, I think you more or less got the main point I was making here. Sometimes crap just happens. And people sometimes can't accept that a woman thought it was a good idea to drive in to the ocean with her kids. It has to be mind control of something.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Even in my small village the city council and mayor conspire to allow certain business to open and to keep others away. Nepotism is rampant.....

So I can imagine what happens in Santa Fe and nationally and internationally with mega bucks involved....tell me again about conspiracies being a figment of our imagination.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Evil is not to be traced back to the individual but to the collective behavior of humanity.
Reinhold Niebuhr

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
E = Mc squared. Mass doesn't expand with an infinite energy requirement as it accelerates towards speed of light. The laws of nature compensate by shrinking the size of the mass to atomic level. So when the starship enterprise is warping its shrunk to an atom. When is slows down it expands back to normal size.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

somewhere out there is a bald headed man on a strange suit petting his car and laughing at everybody

Bald headed man?..... on a strange suit?.......petting his car?

Hmm....I smell a conspiracy

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

With all respect .. how do you... or can you know most conspiracies are wrong? Some are probably for sure... but most of them?!

He was probably joking

That or scared, even grown human beings can be scared too!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

My god. So many typos. I didn't even notice lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join