It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if? The greatest conspiracy ever?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What if sometimes bad people just do bad things? And instead of there being this deep, mysterious plan concocted by some nefarious group, it was just a whack job who did a whack thing?

What if that guy you called a shill just thinks you're full of it and disagrees with you?

What if groups like Freemasons are really just a bunch of dudes who like to hang out and have dinner and be bros? And the higher ranking Masons are just the guys who know the most interesting theories out there about what people think Masons are really up to? (Sorry resident Masons, you're an easy example)

What if sometimes a black helicopter is just black? Or the military trains somewhere in the U.S. because they want to train and it's just a good spot?

What if a cop sometimes just makes a crappy decision and shoots somebody they shouldn't have?

Now...since you've made it this far: what if there's a group who has spent decades, centuries, millennia, whatever capitalizing on the human need to rationalize the irrational? And they're just sitting back laughing at all of us?

Randomly popped in my head earlier. Good day

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Look at history, where ever there is power, corruption exists and attracts those wishing to self gain
edit on 23-4-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

What if you were a metrosexual unicorn with impeccable typing decorum?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Most conspiracies are wrong, that's why most never get proven correct. Just normal human paranoia.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Excellent topic. I've had similar musings myself and it has occurred to me that in most cases, things are simply what they are. I've had Masonic friends and from what I can tell...its an excuse to get outa the house, away from the wife and screaming kids and have a few brews with the "buds". I don't know why Helicopters are black unless its to reduce their visibility.

At a deeper level however, I have to wonder if there isn't some kind of follow-on effect that gives some life to the dark-side theories about these type movements/events. So, for example, lets suppose the Masons are targeted as being some nefarious secret group that runs everything and plots against the common good for their own benefit. They become aware of this and sort of laugh it off, but they do, over time, become more defensive about it which causes them to become...more secretive and possibly more insular in that they form a tighter group and begin to tend to hand out "benefits", such as jobs or promotions, to their Brothers.

Same could be true of the Homeland Security/Military/Militarized Police establishment. The more fearful and resentful the public becomes of them, the more theories and stories circulate about their real aims, the more insular and reactionary the DHS/Military/Police establishments become?

So...is it possible that our internalized responses and externalized theorizing are creating self-fulfilling prophecies?

There's a better way of saying this, but I got brain freeze. Its kinda like....do we experience what we expect? What we fear becomes what we think becomes more realized?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
GTFO of here with your level-headedness.

Good god man, this is a conspiracy forum! We don't take kindly to your type around here.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
GTFO of here with your level-headedness.

Good god man, this is a conspiracy forum! We don't take kindly to your type around here.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

DEFINING "SYSTEM"

The Oxford Encyclopedic English Dictionary defines "system" as "a complex whole; a set of connected things or parts; an organized body of material or immaterial things".(1991)

Schools and most workplaces in our society operate as systems. When the word "system" is applied to human service organizations, it is generally defined as "a method for managing people to produce specific results". The system provides a way to organize people to provide effective, accountable and quality support. Most, but not all, systems are organized hierarchically, or vertically, with a clearly defined "chain of command". Information flows from the bottom to the top, and back down again.

A system is sometimes represented visually as a pyramid.
Psychopaths at the top, saints at the bottom.

The alternative is community.

It is difficult to provide a concise definition for community. Most definitions are woefully inadequate to describe both the nature of community, and what community means to us in our daily lives. It often comes down to a feeling, or a "sense of something" intangible and a bit elusive. John McKnight defines community as "a social space where citizens turn to solve problems." (Social Policy, summer of 1989) This definition seems to come closest to capturing a sense of what community is. In a practical sense, some examples of community organizations include clubs, churches, associations, housing cooperatives and councils.

Sometimes it is easier to describe certain apects of community than it is to define it. For example, in a community, it is assumed that everyone is equal. People participate voluntarily. Community organizations do not typically rely on rules, regulations or procedures to "manage" or control one another. If expectations for behaviour have been defined, they are usually generated by the group. People take turns leading, or leadership might be a shared role, depending on the task. A community leader is not the "boss".

A visual representation of a community might be best shown as a circle or torrus.

In my experience, community only works in small groups.
Therefore, the world will always be run by Psychopaths.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

What if there was no need to think critically and verify words match actions?
ROLMFAO!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You are absolutely correct ... except for when you are incorrect. And it's those rare instances when you are incorrect that make some people start to think everything's a conspiracy.

From The Abyss:

Virgil:

Hippy, you think everything is a conspiracy.

Alan "Hippy" Carnes:

Everything is.

The trick is remember that the tinfoil comes off.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What if reality is a conspiracy and conspiracy is the reality?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

What if that's exactly what THEY want you to think?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka
In my experience, community only works in small groups.
Therefore, the world will always be run by Psychopaths.

But... but... but... an ant hill works too
edit on 23-4-2015 by anotherdaytoday because:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, the masons probably deserve what they get, no matter who they really are. They've chosen to be an occult, which will always be considered suspicious by people. Society is just naturally paranoid about those who choose to keep there ways secret.

Though, there's no hidden conspiracy with the police (imo), they just have incredibly efficient unions. Who know exactly how to work the system.

The big question is, does money just have way to much influence over society, so that the 1% tend to be above the law. Or is it some big planned conspiracy to control the world? As in the Illuminati. If I had to guess, I'd say it was just a bunch of silver spoon feed people being able to get whatever they want. But that's just my opinion!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
What if reality is a conspiracy and conspiracy is the reality?

Careful, Neo. Make sure to eat the right pill!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bobbypurify

Autocorrect is a lifesaver. Sometimes

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What if that's exactly what THEY want you to think?

Crap. I thought I got deep.

Then you took it even further down the rabbit hole

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobbypurify

What if you were a metrosexual unicorn with impeccable typing decorum?

Nice one.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Most conspiracies are wrong, that's why most never get proven correct. Just normal human paranoia.

With all respect .. how do you... or can you know most conspiracies are wrong? Some are probably for sure... but most of them?!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
More likely than not, but if true, this site would have to shut down.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join