It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can science explain seeing the future in dreams?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Can someone explain this? I know the very right brained people in ats seem to always have a logical explanation for EVERYTHING that is deemed paranormal and of they don't have one they don't believe it. They dismiss you as delusional but me and the many people who happen to be aware are just like you we are not crazy.

I know there's many people that has had it happen to them. It doesn't happen as often as it used to when I was younger but there were many instances where I glimpsed into the future. How can someone see something that hasn't happened yet? Does that make free will not real? Or does the universe just knows the choices we are gonna make thanks to causality?

I'll give you 2 paranormal dreams that cannot be explained with the reasonable mind one is A dream that I had the other my mothers. It seems to run in the family. Well I'll start with mine this is the most clear and the fastest vision that I ever manifested. I was a middle schooler at the time. Woken up in the morning and got ready for school. Usually after I get ready I take a quick nap as I am almost the first to be ready. In this nap I had a dream. I was sitting in the library a few feet stood a friend of mine he was wearing a red shirt and big blue dickies. My English teacher is explaining the program we going to use for a book report. And my friend grabs the mouse and says "chris how the f uck do I get this mouse working?"

I wake up and go to school I didn't think much of the dream since we weren't going to the library that day. The first clue that should have tipped me off was that my friend was wearing the same outfit in my dreams. The second is my teacher decided to give us a suprise book report and we went to the library. We sat down and that is when I saw my vision before my eyes almost like a playbacK I stood there anstonished because I never had a vision manifest so fast it had literally been an hour since I saw it in my dream and there was no doubt in my mind what happened. This is one of the first clues from the universe to me that maybe things aren't as they seem all these experiences were leading me to be the aware person I am trying to be.

The next is a story about my mother. These things seem to run in the family. I had an ain't who was almost like the matriarch of my family she unfortunately passed from cancer when I was very young. My mom is a very skeptical person. But she started having dreams where my aunt would speak to her. She told her she was what humans referred to as angels. My mom didn't think much of it but loved talking to her in her dreams. She just thought it was her imagination. Until one day she was having her typical dream with her and my aunt got very serious.

She told my mother that she had seen her struggling and she wanted to help she gave her a number sequence and said play any lottery and I promise you will win but only you can play the numbers No one else will win if they play them. My mother is not a gambler mind you she has never done this in her life. She told her sister in law about it and said maybe I should play the nj lottery. My mom being a skeptic decided that it wasn't worth it and told the numbers to her sister in law!! The sister in law being superstitious played the numbers but for a higher lottery jackpot. Not the one my mom thought of. As she waited to watch the balls spin for her ticket the lower jackpot for 20 million turned out to be the numbers given to my mom they both stared in disbelief at the tv when it happened. My aunt doesn't visit her dreams as much anymore I believe she was transitioning to a higher realm and wanted to help my mom before she left.

I just want to know how are these experiences possible? And if they are impossible to explain then how did they happen? Everything abides by universal laws doesn't it? These things are very real to me there are probably many people that have had experiences like this I would love to read some others. I also want to know once we study and get more in depth info On this how we could use it. Imagine being able to actually control these visions? Well thanks for reading please share some experiences you had I would love to hear others stories.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
We call it deja vu. Here's an article that talks about it.

Why Does Deja Vu Happen?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I would say that if you could securely document the predictive dreams prior to the occurrence of the events, it would greatly lend to the credibility of your claims. I'm not saying this did or didn't happen and this is not an attack on you. I would love to discover that this ability is genuine. It would imply so many other possibilities. But I don't think you can fault people for not taking your word for it. Please, if you are really having this experience, document it before the event in a way that can't be proved as fraudulent; such as posting your predictions on this site.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
OP.

Please do not assume just because you are logical there is no possibility for esp, out of body experience or synchronicity where 2 events in space time are connected to each other.

You can be 100% logical and look and use quantum physics to start to explain these phenomena. From my point of view those that cannot accept that information can be teleported from one point in space time to another point in space time without going thru the medium in between have not understood quantum physics (entanglement) at all, no matter how many degrees they have from college.

Stuart Hameroff, Quantum Consciousness

Consciousness is the Unified Field - quantum physicist John Hagelin.

edit on 23-4-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

"Science" is a method of testing a hypothesis to see if the hypothesis is true or not. Science can't "explain" your dreams unless someone would set up a controlled experiment to see if your dreams truly are seeing the future or not. Science has a hard time going backwards to try to test something that has already happened that isn't able to be reproduced.

So "science" really can't explain your specific situations unless you are continually having these dreams, in which case you or someone else can use the scientific method to develop a controlled experiment to either prove or disprove that your dreams are seeing the future.

Until you can create a controlled experience like that, the claims you are making about your dreams are anecdotal evidence and while may be "true" to you...they offer little to anyone else to help them judge if what you say actually happened or not.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I used to have dreams all the time when I was a kid that ended up coming true. Personally, I just put it down to our subconscious being a lot more in tune with logic than our natural awake conscious.

But just the other day I had this extremely vivid dream (that I won't go into), where I was forced to get this unique tribal tattoo on my arm. Then the next day I was at the supermarket and there was some random dude I'd never met in front of me in line, then when he went to pay the cashier I saw he had the exact same tattoo on his arm that I'd dreamed of. Like the detail was identical, it just blew my mind.

I know for a fact there's a logical explanation. But I just can't work out what that logical explanation might be.

I know my parents got all worked up when I was a little kid because they where convinced I had psychic abilities. But they were just crazy religious fanatics, imo. I'm sure there's a logical explanation, even if I can't determine what it is.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So I'm dying to know, di your mother play the lottery or not? I couldn't really tell by your post. And if not, even a non gambler can buy a ticket, especially under those circumstances. Seriously, who would NOT?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I would argue that the human brain is exceptionally adept at subconsciously collecting 'clues' throughout time, and that dreaming is the subconscious trying to put all of those clues together logically. Sometimes it hits the mark, and other times it creates dreamscape akin to an "Adventure Time" or "Telletubies" episode.

I'm not saying that I don't believe in the supernatural, but I certainly believe in the immense power of the brain to do amazing things, most of which seem to happen on the subconscious level, making it very difficult to pinpoint what is happening, why, or when.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Simple really there is no time all is one.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I remember a Native American saying that time was like a hand. The palm represents now, and the fingers are the possible futures. The chocies we make determine the future outcome.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Science can't explain seeing the future in dreams, ghosts, ESP, etc, because it's untestable according to the scientific method, therefore in most cases, they simply claim that it doesn't exist.

If something is not replicable, falsifiable, predictable and able to be peer reviewed, it isn't true in the eyes of most scientists. Even if tests were done on a true, 100% proven psychic, where it was concluded that they did in fact have these abilities, it would be considered too small of a test group, leading to the results being inadequate and in most cases, subsequently thrown out.

The scientific method has it's ups and downs..... I've accepted the fact at this point, that although paranormal events do exist, they will not be accepted by the majority of the scientific community. I'm also a believer, that simply because something is not accepted, doesn't mean that it does not exist (I.E., the barber that is responsible for Georgio's ridiculous hair from the ancient aliens show...)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
OK, I'm not one to usually reply to these types of posts as there is little to sink your teeth into and no way to validate or refute.

Nevertheless, I'll share a true story that happened to me. Disregard if you wish, I'm not trying to prove anything or convince anyone of anything.

This is the one and only time this happened to me:

Many years ago I was having a rather lucid dream about finding a blue suitcase washed up on a beach. I had a hard time opening it as the latches were rusted shut, but it was heavy and when I shook it I heard things rattling around inside. It sounded like lots of little tinny or metallic objects. In my dream, I struggled mightily but could not open the case, even after bashing it against the ground, and pounding on the latches with rocks. I looked around, feeling a bit guilty and stupid. The whole effort, in my dream, was utterly exhausting, and I woke up, startled, sweating, and my heart pounding. Whew -that was some vivid imagination at work!

At the time, I had a job as a lifeguard supervisor on Lake Michigan, in the swanky suburbs an hour or so north of Chicago. My job required me to drive a pickup truck between two country club swimming pools and the beach delivering guards and supplies and checking on things, etc.

So on the morning of my dream, I just figured that I was simply making up some scenario about my daily routine -you know, dreaming as a way of subconsciously filtering stuff through with your conscious life. I never found anything exciting on the beach, however.

Since I was startled awake and couldn't fall back asleep, I got dressed, hopped into my truck and started making my rounds. It was way too early for anyone else or the public to be up and about, so to kill time, I drove down to the beach station to walk along the shore and watch the seagulls and the sun rise.

Sure enough, I was about one hundred yards along the beach when I spotted a blue case on the sand, gently getting lapped at by the small waves. I ran over to where it was, incredulous, and breathlessly picked it up. It was not a suitcase as in my dream, but a smaller blue hard-sided case, like a woman's cosmetic case. It was heavy and I shook it and heard something jingle-jangling around inside. As I expected the latches were completely rusted and corroded shut and I could not open it. I slammed it a few times against the ground and grabbed a rock to pound on it - nothing. This thing was welded shut like Fort Knox.

As in my dream, I was now exhausted and my heart was racing from the excitement and effort. I had a sudden flashback to my dream a few hours earlier -and suddenly remembered that this was where I woke up. I was utterly captivated by the fact that my REAL life was playing out up to this point almost exactly as I had envisioned it my dream. I was dumbfounded at the incredulity of it all.

I then snapped out of this reflection and looked around to see if anyone was around or watching. This is NOT a dream - I may have dreamt it earlier - but am now LIVING in that scene. What to do? Why did I care or feel that I needed to hide? Anyway - I did a bit of soul-searching to decide what to do next: Was this case planted here to see what I would do? Nah - it has obviously been in the water for a long time. Should I turn it in to security or other authority? That didn't seem right either - what are they gonna do with it? The case could've been dropped in Michigan, Wisconsin or Canada decades ago. Besides, it may just be old lipstick and rotted face cream inside - probably just a discarded cosmetic case that's full of rocks or junk - flotsam washed up on shore is all. So, finder's-keeper's?

Obviously, I was not going to be able to decide what to do until I get it open and see what's inside it for myself. The curiosity was killing me.

I took the case back to my truck, drove to the club workshop and clamped the case to a table. Hammers and crowbars just scratched and dented it more. It was time for heavy equipment. I grabbed a large hacksaw and began cutting into the surface. After a while I was able to cut through enough to peel back a section. I turned the case over and shook the contents out onto the table. Out tumbled hundreds of old British coins! I've never seen coins like this. They had funny-sounding names like "farthing" and "half-penny". Most were dated from the 1800's. Although nearly all of them were loose, a few were enclosed in those little see-through plastic things that coin collectors use. Was this hoard worth anything? They were all copper-ish in color and a bit tarnished, but I was no expert, and in fact, could not even recognize the denominations on most of them. I started to make a list of the coins and their dates with the intention of asking someone later about them. It was getting close to my work starting time anyway and needed to 'figure it all out'. I stuffed all the coins back in the case and put the case up on a shelf and went to work.

That was not smart. When I got off work later and came back to the shop to retrieve my case - it was gone! Crap! What an idiot I was to just leave it there. Of course, the shop was empty before work, but throughout the day all sorts of maintenance people, landscapers, custodians, contractors, etc, would be traipsing through. I did a search to see if it may have been moved, made some inquiry - but of course nobody saw (or admitted to seeing) any such thing - and, naturally, I was being purposefully vague about the case and, especially, it's contents.

Later that evening I took the partial list of the coins I made to a coin shop in town and showed it to the proprietor. He said that it's almost impossible to say what the coins would be worth without seeing them, but he showed some similar ones that were priced between a few dollars to a couple hundred dollars each. Since I wrote down only a handful of them, maybe 5% or so, and not remembering what the remaining hoard contained, I have no idea what I had found -and just as easily lost. My best guess was probably a few thousand dollars worth.

I think about that blue cosmetic case often -especially the way I discovered it through a dream. I also wonder sometimes what happened to it - who took it, if they still have it, or cashed it in.

Absolutely 100% true story. I wouldn't have believed it myself if it hadn't actually happened to me. In fact, I stopped telling this story to friends and family a long time ago because of the way everyone doubted me and thought I was making it up. Whatever. I know it's true.

I'll tell you one thing: there is SOMETHING to be said about clairvoyance, deja vu, premonitions, precognitions, and the like. I am living proof of that - whether you believe me or not.

Thanks for giving me one more (probably last) opportunity to share this with others...

edit on 4/23/2015 by Outrageo because:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

My mother didn't buy it her sister in law played the numbers for the larger jackpot the lower jackpot was the one that ended up being the numbers that my aunt told my mom to play a lesson in greed I guess. That sister in law also ended up divorcing my uncle would suck of she got rich off my dead aunts info but she clearly said only my mom would win

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Oannes
wouldn't that mean we have no free will because like in my dream if I decided not to go to school it wouldn't have happened.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Wouldmy deja vu be if it happened in real life then happened again?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

That's what I've been thinking. Scientist already say time is not linear and everything is occurring at the same time so I would guess I'm just tapping into the universal consciousNess and it keeps giving me signs.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros

Wouldmy deja vu be if it happened in real life then happened again?

Have you considered that you are misremembering when you first witnessed the account? Maybe the experience of deja vu prompted you to "remember" having a dream about the same thing. I used to hold a hypothesis that deja vu was when you dream the future, then it happens later in reality. So it wouldn't be far fetched for someone else to come to that conclusion as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The dream was very vivid and was still fresh in my mind when it manifested it happened an hour after I dreamt it that's when I knew I wasn't just being delusional.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

If you say so. Everything you've described to me sounds like what happens to me when I get deja vu. I've even felt like I've dreamed such things before.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Maybe you have dreamed of the future, but deep down you know that consciously realizing that puts you on a slippery slope that takes you where you don't want to go. So you rationalize it all away with bs.

Fear of psi can be a powerful thing.

Boo! 😲

darklore.dailygrail.com...

👣

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join