It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Daughter of God.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt
Reading the paper on Liminal bodies, caused me to go into an ecstatic state, wherein all was open before me. I could see all the connections again, that connected each particle to another. My immediate reaction was to revel in awe, then I wanted to jump online and tell it all. After reviewing in my mind what was in my mind, I thought that a cooling off period was in order.

Now after three days, I don't think it would be too weird to write this:

After nine years of turning down offers from both my ex-wife and my daughter to buy me a bed, so I could sleep off the floor, I finally accepted a new bed just about a year ago. My daughter and her husband bought a house. For housewarming, I bought them a washer and dryer. They bought me a twin-size bed to put in my comfortable room in their basement.

Sleeping on a mat on the floor seems to be a form of spiritual celibacy, exposed to harmful things. I see that now. But I don't really regret saying "I'm not ready yet." It feels in hindsight even that that was appropriate. Sleeping safe on a bed seems appropriate and grand now. It's like:

Ever since I first saw William Adolphe Bouguereau A Young Girl Defending Herself Against Eros (1880) at the Getty Museum in c1976, it's been my favorite painting in the World.

About 2007, my ex-wife was buying a lot of replicas from online source, and having them framed. So for Christmas of that year she gave me a replica of the painting. She offered to get it framed for me, but I declined because that's a very expensive thing in this neck of the woods. Besides, I really had no suitable place to hang it.

Just about the same time that I got the bed, I measured the painting, went to the store and bought a frame, framed it, and hung it on my second biggest wall. It's kind of big in a small room. Over a period of 3 or four days, the frame just fell apart, so now the painting is on my closet shelf.

Would it be reckless to reframe the painting? I'm kind of thinking that having a doorway and a bed are sufficient for now.

edit on 29-4-2015 by pthena because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena
Wait! Wait! Forget that song. I listened to it a couple more times and realize that the couple of lines that I had in mind don't counteract the overall picture that the song paints.

Edit time expired. Just pretend you didn't hear that song.

edit on 30-4-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

It's a great little paper and makes it evident that everyone participated in the rites of Inanna and Dumuzid, the popular household Deities and that the inn was the focal point of that cult, as also with the Christian mysteries and quite rightly so.

When one realizes the importance to the common people of these mysteries then it seems not so surprising that Bau the inn keeper or barmaid should be elevated to the position of Queen of the world, an extension of the grain Goddess cult in the bread and beer she served, and Nanaya was the finest expression of the magic of the tavern.

The Barmaid that became King of the World

Child of An, he has chosen you in his holy heart in the great sky and on the great earth and made you worthy of the ladyship of the Land.

Bau, Enlil has looked at you with favour, young woman, mother Bau, from the shining E-kur, and made you eminently fit for lord Ning̃irsu

Bau, in the E-tar-sirsir, founded for you by An, you decide the fate of all the countries; you, Bau, render verdicts and decree judgments.

Good woman, prayerful lady for whom has been decreed the creation of life -- each day as she goes about, conversing, from early in the morning she is to be ...... at her side with honour. Your name fills the mouth like cakes, butter and cream

I get the sense that people consider a thread such as this a mere trolling thread, controversy for the sake of it or wishful thinking and fantasy based upon anachronisms, but that's not the case at all, the reinstatement of the centrality of Nanaya-Bau is understood as according to the expressed wishes of Anu and can be expected to be enforced by Ningirsu at some point, none of this will turn out to be optional.

It's also notable that in the tavern magical transformation of gender takes place, that Inanna can transform from Feminine into the Masculine and one assumes that corresponds visa versa with regards to her partner, it's both a reversal and union of normative gender role, were the passive principle becomes the active and again visa versa, the sort of mischief Urukians delighted in.

edit on Kam430119vAmerica/ChicagoThursday3030 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on Kam430119vAmerica/ChicagoThursday3030 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Would you say a "Queen with Halo and Crown", is pretty much what your "journey to the essential meaning of these myths" describes, or am I wrong when i guess it is a combination of "spiritual & material" reign? if you have some: All hints are welcome.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Kantz:

Wake up!

That isn't your type of music video. It sure wasn't two years ago. That's some one else's. You warned against it.

Either you've fallen under that influence or:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yes you're right the combination of spiritual and materialistic and this is what typical crowns for Nanaya looked like, though perhaps a little too ostentatious for this day and age, maybe just stick a few dandelions and daisies in her hair or something.

Alright then it was just a test...

edit on Kpm430119vAmerica/ChicagoThursday3030 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Alright then it was just a test...

I thought it was a nice touch. I certainly got the message through it. Inn keeper/ lagar lagar lagar shout yeah boy becomes girl yea girl becomes boy yea two become one son of a daughter of anu inanna dee dum yeeeeeaaah? Lol

Test?

Hehe

Guess what! those crowns might resemble experiences and be something to remember them by...

They sell replicas in the gift shops at the temples.., lol

edit on 30-4-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

When one realizes the importance to the common people of these mysteries then it seems not so surprising that Bau the inn keeper or barmaid should be elevated to the position of Queen of the world, an extension of the grain Goddess cult in the bread and beer she served, and Nanaya was the finest expression of the magic of the tavern.
. . .
the reinstatement of the centrality of Nanaya-Bau is understood as according to the expressed wishes of Anu and can be expected to be enforced by Ningirsu at some point, none of this will turn out to be optional.

The education of a woman, and of the scribes, took place in the temple. Writing and art were elite privileges, as literacy was restricted to a powerful elite. The visual images came from the imagination of those scribes under royal patronage.
Roberts - Enheduanna

So yet another elite arises to challenge the status quo elites, drawing upon the symbols and names of power.

For the people: beer as a universal language. Sure, it could work. I've seen it's power.

I used to frequent a saloon that was a block away from where I lived. This was no uptown pub with open mike. No karaoke bar. It wasn't some Boston Sports bar where everyone knew your name. It was a sit down and get drunk saloon. We regulars knew each other by sight when not by name. From all walks of life, all professions, all classes. One thing we had in common was appreciation for beer.

Outside, we could be rivals, bitterest of enemies even, hold grudges, but inside, as chummy as could be.

One night, after getting off work, I walked into the saloon. There was a party going on, an engagement announcement celebration for two of the regulars who had hit it off and decided to get married.

After ten minutes or so of congratulatory toasts and well wishes by all, the crowd grew thin around the couple as well wishers drifted off to drink for their own purposes. The fellow started looking a bit nervous, a little frightened even. He turned to me and said, "You know, I'm an alcoholic, and she's an alcoholic. I've been married before and so has she. But neither one of us has been married to an alcoholic before. Neither one of us can cook or balance a checkbook."

This is when slight fear became dread, "What will happen to us?"

So, can beer be a universal language for the non-elite? Sure. Should it be? I don't think so.

edit on 30-4-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't know about the daughter of god but I met the daughter of the devil. She's my ex-wife!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Like i mentioned there is also the development toward maturity, the Divine child Damu as basis for shepherd boy Dumuzid was represented by the swine constellation in Sumeria, our Delphinus, and thus naturally was symbolized by all things lowly yet powerful, a beloved icon of the Celtic peoples.

It is actually Ninurta that hunts and slays that boar or Indra in the case of Indus valley seals, and that indicates the slaying of the lower self and progression into maturity, were the Divine couple are represented by Ninurta and Bau, patroness of the Higher mysteries, though in the bedroom Bau was still understood as Nanaya.

It was likely at Girsu were the cult of Damu was celebrated as well as the equivalent of Ninurta in terms of Ningirsu were this was recognized. It was also Ninurta as God of farming that was supplying all the produce for the inn scene anyway and Bau as inn keeper/barmaid that was serving it up.

Of course this is also the premise of Apollo, were Hyperborean Apollo delights in the uncouth and lowly nature of his Northern European feasting and drinking companions that never even took the trouble to learn to read and write, that live in closeness to nature, the basis of the cult of Apollo and Artemis, following the ways of the wolf and the bear and the shamanic tradition.

a reply to: Wifibrains

That's true, the central importance of the inn, magical doorways, mystical orifices, gender role reversal and the all importance of beer towards the mega mega enlightenment of the White Temple of Anu at Uruk, the English and Sumerians have much in common...

edit on Kam531120vAmerica/ChicagoFriday0131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on Kam531120vAmerica/ChicagoFriday0131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Of course this is also the premise of Apollo, were Hyperborean Apollo delights in the uncouth and lowly nature of his Northern European feasting and drinking companions that never even took the trouble to learn to read and write, that live in closeness to nature, the basis of the cult of Apollo and Artemis, following the ways of the wolf and the bear and the shamanic tradition.

Thank you, I think that I probably feel comfortable about here. I actually even just found out that there's a state recognized organization called Kindred Kreators. I bookmarked the website plan on reading up on it.

For now, I'm going to try to clear my mind and time for the Fiction Contest. I've got an idea.

As for the Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree video, that's fairly close.

Try this:

fuzed with:
Barenaked Ladies, The Old Apartment
I'm going to try a fusion for a hero character.

See you in the fiction section. I'm going to wait until I submit before reading any of the others.

ETA

Happy MayDay!

It's a very good creative time for me. I really should strike while the iron is hot.

edit on 1-5-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Happy MayDay!

It's a very good creative time for me. I really should strike while the iron is hot.

Enjoy.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That's a fabulous choice...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That's true, the central importance of the inn, magical doorways, mystical orifices, gender role reversal and the all importance of beer towards the mega mega enlightenment of the White Temple of Anu at Uruk, the English and Sumerians have much in common...

It certainly begs questions about the very early churches being adorned with Sheila na gig carvings and being built on or by sacred wells. The wells tended to by females with knowledge of herbs would make cocktails for all ailments and complaints... Something that was carried over from the old times and later discarded into the mystery of forgotten times perhaps?...

That's a fabulous choice...

Seleeekta!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Happy MayDay!

Thank you.

and thank you for the music video with lyrics built in.

my fiction is here: Never Make Promises Like -

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join