It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Daughter of God.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's sad that the proper historical context of Christianity has been so suppressed and ignored, that what represents Christianity today is at best likely a distorted half truth, the religion that developed in Galilee as a fusion of Greek religion and Hebrew tradition, a product of Sepphoris in the vicinity of Nazareth.

Around the time of the rebellion Sepphoris had a Roman theater - in later periods, bath-houses and mosaic floors depicting human figures. Sepphoris and Jerusalem may be seen to symbolize a cultural divide between those that sought to avoid any contact with the surrounding Roman culture and those who within limits, were prepared to adopt aspects of that culture.

Hellenistic culture and Hebrew were seemingly diametrically opposed, in that whilst the Greeks saw no problem at all in Divine incarnation within human form, the very origins of Israel lay in rejection of the various elitist Demi-Gods of the Canaanite city states and their surrounding oppressive neighbours that ruled as representatives of various Pantheons, the corpus of Enochian literature was dedicated to discrediting the basis of such claims, that those claiming Divine descent were evil in origin, this was something of a humanist perspective and the rejection of untoward influence.

In the centuries leading up to Christianity religious syncretism and simplification had been prevalent throughout the Near East, Marduk was well on his way to becoming the singular God of Babylon and Yahweh of the Hebrews was no different, acquiring even the qualities of Ba'al who had earlier been his rival, the same situation was occurring with Goddesses.

The Greeks themselves went through the same experience and it was Apollo that eventually declared Greek monotheism;

In the 2nd and 3rd century CE, those oracles at Didyma and Clarus pronounced the so-called "theological oracles", in which Apollo confirms that all deities are aspects or servants of an all-encompassing, highest deity. "In the 3rd century, Apollo fell silent.

So there had been more common ground between the Hellenes and Hebrews than one might suppose and the cult of Apollo was at the fore of such developments, leading to the curious state of affairs of a God announcing his own demise and the Greeks certainly didn't give up on Apollo, reconciling his cult along with his sister Artemis into an idealized metaphysical configuration in which he represents all Masculine qualities in terms of a vertical axis seen to describe the points of Celestial North, Hyperborea the deepest darkness and lair of the serpent wolf and bear, through to the highest point of the Sun due South, a dynamic axis of light.

His sister drew the bow of the horizontal axis, cyclic return through the East to the West, the phases of the light, and as this wound around the central axis given the progressive qualities of Apollo that appeared to coil around upward, the two together then entirely capable of covering all metaphysical speculation.

The sum of all the Divine Masculine and Feminine qualities could also in theory be applied onto an idealized man and woman through whom they flowed or flawed, the Hebrews in principle would have no problem with the former as they hoped for an idealized Messiah that fully represented Yahweh, and the refinement of the cult of Apollo was always toward perfection, the Feminine however was far more problematical to the Hebrews but not in greater Semitic tradition of the region.

Artemis of Ephesus had become something of a stand alone Goddess in that she not only represented the traditional Greek qualities of Artemis, but had also assimilated many a Near Eastern Goddess, in particular Atagartis-Nanaya-Bau, all of which by tradition could represent the Goddess incarnate, this then provided a cultic framework for any idealized woman, though that ideal incorporates both darkness and light and all shades of grey.

To reconcile a son of Yah with Apollo was slightly more problematic, but acheived through recognition of the Divine healer child Damu son of Ea, that goes on to become the shepherd King Dumuzid, to the Greeks the constellation of Damu was Delphinus, and were Nanaya is the natural consort, at Girsu the cult of Damu also saw progression into the cult of Ninurta,and there the consort is Bau, in both cases Nanaya and Bau are daughters of the Highest God Anu, Dumuzid the primary son of Ea-Enki, and Ningirsu of Enlil, which covered all bases,Ninurta and Bau being more mature expressions of the young romantic couple.

This then in my opinion is the likely basis for Christianity, a combination of the best of Hellenistic and Hebrew thought, it is of course notable that any Daughter of God is conspicuous by her absence, yet according to early Christian tradition both Mary mother of Jesus and Mary Magdalene are finding refuge at Ephesus in present day Turkey and there is the French tradition of a Marian collective washing up on the shores of the sister Temple of Artemis of Ephesus at Marseille, sleeping the first night ashore there, they would appear to have been trying to make a point, whereas on the other hand an Apostle that takes the Greek diminutive name of Apollo is preaching against Artemis at Ephesus, not that it was ever intended to worship the cults per se as that was unacceptable to the Hebrews, but still providing a principle archetype of the new religion.

Of course it is still problematic to suggest that Mary Magdalene was a consort of Jesus, to suggest equal status as a veritable Daughter of God seemingly outrageous, but it was actually the role of Nanaya as Queen to annoint and create the King, so that was the deal which required the Leucadian leap of faith...though Anu takes the greatest delight in the establishment of Nanaya finding it highly amusing..

To the goddess, sun of her people, to Nanaya pray, proclaim her position,she who is like the moon to look on and whose awesome appearance is endowed with brilliance. Anum the great, from among all goddesses, her begetter, has raised her head.

She, the unique one, is magnificent and honoured. He decreed for her exuberance, and rejoicing.Laughingly, a word of joy he said to her, making her heart radiant: “You rule over the world’s inhabitants! The people look upon you(!), upon your light, as at the sun’s!“

edit on Kam430112vAmerica/ChicagoThursday2330 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on Kam430112vAmerica/ChicagoThursday2330 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

If you want to know the deal, read this book.

The Shinar Directive: Preparing the Way for the Son of Perdition's Return

On the ancient plains of Shinar, an evil was born: The first world king, the prototype transhuman, the ultimate despot, the Son of Perdition--Nimrod. In Babylon, the Son of Perdition devised the Shinar Directive: the enslaving of humanity and the war against the God of Heaven. God's intervention at the Tower of Babel only delayed his hellish plans.

The Luciferian Elite now control three key circles of influence in the world: financial, political, and religious. However, controlling these three systems was not enough. The laborers of Mystery Babylon have been quietly planning and waiting for thousands of years for the releasing of the Watchers of Genesis 6

edit on 23-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I have no clue what you are talking about.
1. everybody knows Christianity has most of his symbols and "myths" from ancient egypt, zorotatstrian religion and so on
2. where you find greek mythology in the bible is just amazing and all these goddesses you are talking about, i never heard of them. How important can they be?
3. saying personalised gods were ideal humans is just laughable.

Maria is Athene is Isis, is Venus, is Ishtar, is almost all of them a little bit: a big simplifying merger. And the desperate attempt to demonise female sexuality at the same time. So you can just as well call on to every woman ever sexually surpressed and/or abused, that's not godly, or ideal at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That looks like the sort of thing paranoid Protestants are always coming out with, though to be fair the Mandaens thought along similar lines;

It stands so that earth rotates and turns itself but not so the sky, which he tears open and he rips asunder.

For this reason I hung the mischievous man with the skull curls on and bound him with the words of his tongue.

The magical practices of Nanaya of Borsippa and the words of the sages of Babylon had began to destroy the beauty of Earth
In seol I grabbed him and tied him with my hands, put him on a mountain and asked of him to the small boy, who he grabs and to the little girls he torments.

Those grabbed me saying let him not go and threw him down...

Though Nimrod represents the archetype of the archer God Ninurta there shouldn't really be anything problematic with that as the entire symbolism of the Book of Revelations is derivative of his cult.

a reply to: Peeple

People and in this case Peeple only know the vulgar version of mythology, the most commonly mentioned names, both Osiris and Isis were only introduced into Egypt toward the end of the old Kingdom, based upon the cult of Ningizidra and Ninazimua, Athena as the personification of wisdom is a lame version of Nanaya;

Lady of the princely powers, emerging brilliantly like the daylight, chosen forever for her virtuous beauty! Nanaya, ornament of E-ana, worthy of the Lady! Wise one, correctly chosen as lady of all the lands by the Mistress: Nanaya, you instruct the Land, bestowing wisdom in E-ana

Nanaya, properly educated by holy Inana, woman who is as bright as the stars, wise lady who is available for everything, righteous sympathetic woman, lady who is always available on request,counseled by holy Inana, beloved by the Mistress!

We're talking about the syncretism of Western and Eastern thought here, the Greeks had ruled Israel for several centuries and didn't give two hoots what it said in the bible, the initiative was to find common ground though few Jews accepted this.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yeah, no, see the thing is my soul is Ishtar Inanna, and that's surely hard to prove and such, but you can't talk about ancient myth without walking the paths of the Magi, or what's left. That's why i am always so drawn to your threads, but somehow i can never agree with you.
And if you just jump blindly forwards and backwards through time you are missing the development all of these archetypes took. And what the # the Jews, or the Greeks would have to do with this is a mystery to me, because the roots of Babylon are Sumerian and they happened to be long before any Zarathustrian idea gave birth to something remotely comparable to what you call "Jews", or Greeks.
You should start using a timeline-table as a reference system maybe?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The soul of Nanaya is Inanna (and Anu), she's the physical incarnation of her;

Some texts mention a group of goddesses collectively named the "Ladies" Nanaya, Beltu-§a-Re§, Usur-amassu, and Urkayltu. They formed with Istar a pentad which stood at the center of the religious life of Uruk, it is probable that each of these goddesses was to some degree viewed as a manifestation of Istar.

The importance of Nanaya in the pantheon of Uruk derived from her position as daughter of An, and also as daughter of Inanna, with whom she became syncretized at a very early date. A hymn with prayer for king Isbi-Erra portrays the goddess as a creature of Inanna, endowed with the same attributes, and to whom Inanna has delegated her powers:

More light on Nanaya

I take your point that the overall conceptual framework for this is difficult to grasp and maybe i don't make enough allowances, but the archetypes involved here of Damu/Dumuzid (later Tammuz/Adonis etc) and Nanaya/Inanna as well as Ninurta and Bau date to the earliest period and were the norms of Divinely sanctioned rule for millenium, there was nothing new in their incorporation into Christianity but what was new and of the period was the singular representation in terms of absolute personification of Masculine and Feminine qualities, through syncretism, and the finest development of that was the cult of Apollo and Artemis.

If you want to see the full extent to which Nanaya was represented in the sacred marriage have a read of this, in fact this is the exact time of year it was celebrated the month of Iyyar, which we would be in the 4th day of.

This isn't Zoroastrian Dualism, evil is not ascribed to the darkness, Apollo delights in the darkness of Celestial North as the source of his strength and spends the winter there, Artemis has her moods or transitions, but that's it, though of course one can only follow the light.

In essence this was reaching out to the Hebrews as they'd rejected the bringers of Ante-Diluvian knowledge and what that had led to, a recognition of the humanist perspective, probably a waste of time but there you go.

edit on Kpm430112vAmerica/ChicagoThursday2330 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I am totally digging this thread. 💞

👣

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarifaction. I know from my own writings-stuff here how easy it can get swooshed together when you are on the flow and the urge to spit it out overcomes you.
You just should have mentioned where you are coming from earlier and i wouldn't have been so critical.
Better late than never, eh? S&F

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Very interesting and well thought out post -- thank you!

I'm always fascinated by the similarities in myths and legends, in religions and cultures and philosophies -- far more than the differences. I don't see necessarily see it as stealing or borrowing or anything so nefarious; rather I see it as all part of a glorious symphony and harmony -- albeit still warming up.

Your post reminded me of the claim that "Israel" is an acronym for ISis + RA + ELohim (subject to much debate). I don't know the truth, but it's not surprising that the faith of the Hebrews fleeing Egypt would have at least some beliefs in common with the people they lived among. Even less surprising, if -- as many believe -- Moses was in fact a Pharoah in his own right. Just as Christianity is an expansion or offshoot of Judaism, so Judaism could/should be thought of as an expansion or offshoot of the Egyptian faith. Likewise, some claim that Abraham and Brahmin were one and the same, also explaining similarities between what we think of as different faiths.

In terms of Goddess worship in general, and the feminine divine in the Hebrew faith, one of the most fascinating books I've read was "When God was a Woman," by Merlin Stone. I believe that was when I first heard of the Shekinah and Sophia. Also interesting was Margaret Starbird's, "The Goddess in the Gospels." Starbird is probably better known for her book, "The Woman with the Alabastar Jar," but I thought the former was more interesting and informative.

I don't know what the whole truth is, but it's sure fun and interesting reading and considering different viewpoints!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The real shocker in all of those is how Nanaya acquires her wisdom, it is through the knowing of all plants and herbs and their usage in beautification and sexual allurement, as well as generally useful remedies, the sacred harlot was also an aspect of her cult and all her knowing ways.

In the Mesopotamian evidence, this woman is Inanna/Ištar, the heavenly queen, but who is also known as Kilili, a female demon associated with owls and the netherworld. She shares characteristics with the Greek Athena, whose symbol was the owl and who also was a chthonic goddess. On the other hand, the window is also connected with Nabû’s consort Tašmetu. Another wife of Nabû is Nanaya, and thus Tašmetu and Nanaya must at least share aspects or be more or less identified with each other. The motif of the beautiful woman luring the perfect man to approach her is found in Jewish mysticism where the Shekhinah stands in a doorway and reveals her face only to those worthy of her. All these facts seem to make the equation Inanna/Ištar = Kilili = Nanaya = Tašmetu = the Shekhinah = the woman at the window (doorway) = a link to the divine world.

Goddess at the window

Of course sexpertise was the essential requirement to make that transition between life and death in terms of procreation and rebirth, the essence of the Feminine role represented by Artemis of Ephesus, Apollo had no part in it and insisted that on his island of Delos nobody was allowed to be born or die, that's specialization for you.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

We're talking about the syncretism of Western and Eastern thought here, the Greeks had ruled Israel for several centuries and didn't give two hoots what it said in the bible, the initiative was to find common ground though few Jews accepted this.

Syncretism is very difficult to de-construct and re-construct (my opinion). You wrote "initiative", which would indicate a conscious attempt on some ones or some group's part to merge various symbols for some purpose.

A few years ago I was attempting to understand what "Christ" may mean in a Hellenistic world-view, divorced from Judaic Messiah imagery. All that I could find were references to postmortem treatments of kings and other important people. So "Christ" would mean, a highly honored dead person.

There is the story of the anointing of the Jesus character, pre-mortem by a woman which appears in all four of the canonical gospels, there is even wording in the text to suggest that this event is central to the message:

Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11 The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.
Matt.26:9-13

Apart from any other concept of Christ, this anointing by the woman is what makes the Jesus character the Christ.
After he was dead, as the story goes, when women went with spices to anoint him, it was too late, he was not to be found, "...you will not always have me."

Who is this woman? Sister, Mother, or someone greater? Isn't it the greater that blesses the other?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

And also the transition between uncivilized and civilized. Just ask Enkidu. 💥

👣

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Yes it was the traditional role of the Queen as Nanaya to anoint the King dating back to Uruk were Inanna was very much the senior partner in her sacred marriage to Dumuzid, who ruled on her behalf, and as you note the anointing of Jesus as Messiah was by the unnamed woman, presumed Mary Magdalene thus by tradition represented the Queen in doing so, i seem to recall having relationship to the term for Gold/Chrys and relating for example to the Sun or golden anointing oil.

I know Mary Magdalene as the first witness to the resurrection enacts an aspect of the Sidonian mystery cults were the consort of Baal asks were her Lord has gone in terms of iz'y'baal' simply meaning 'where is my Lord?', rendered in the bible as Jezebel, the search by lamenting women for their lost Lord dates back to the cult of Damu and Ningizidra.

a reply to: BlueMule

Yes it certainly opened the eyes of Enkidu...

Mandaean text;

A woman who from her youth was a widow grasped the shirt of a man and married the world, which they nurtured, a son as he went yonder. Her face will not be destroyed by her husband.

A prostitute who becomes a lady goes up to town and goes down from town and the crown is not removed from her face.

Of course Queens of Mesopotamia ruled as Nanaya and they certainly weren't harlots, it was just that they shared the same tricks of the trade, and as far as the Northern archetype of Bau as Queen and Divine incarnation she used her herbal knowledge to make nice cakes and beer to serve to the people, and as Kubaba or Cybele was the Patroness of the Mysteries, so the common denominator there is the knowledge of plant lore as the basis of womanly wisdom.
edit on Kpm430112vAmerica/ChicagoThursday2330 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So if plant lore and sexpertise is a transition from uncivilized to civilized, perhaps there is a connection to Eve and the forbidden fruit (as a plant) as a transition from the garden of Eden (uncivilized) the world as we know it (civilized).

Of course plant lore would encompass entheogens, which could have been pivotal in the evolution of consciousness... expanding it to the point where civilization becomes possible.

👣

edit on 845Thursday000000America/ChicagoApr000000ThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Yes but you have to take into account the Hebrew bible was a reaction against Mesopotamian tradition, were the sacred plants-trees of knowledge planted in the field by Enki and Goddess of plants Ninhursaga were only seen in positive terms, Enki in his aspect of goat ate them all just to see what they did and it would have been the end of him but for the intervention of Ninhursaga, but he gave birth to eight plant Deities associated with different parts of his body and those were the same celebrated in the mysteries were a singular cup would have eight bowls, sometimes seen worn on the head of the patroness.

As i related here this is associated with the constellation Capricorn and the rebirth of the winter sun, Enki transforms from fish to goat, the Goddess placed in charge of the constellation was Tashemtu/Nanaya of the sacred marriage and secret garden, and the association of goats with that stuck.

The knowing of all plant lore with regards to sexpertise is related in a myth of Inanna were Utu the sun God was her guide.

Inana speaks "My brother, awe-inspiring lord, let me ride with you to the mountains! Lord of heaven, awe-inspiring lord, lord, let me ride with you to the mountains;

I am unfamiliar with womanly matters, with ....... I am unfamiliar with womanly matters, with sexual intercourse! I am unfamiliar with womanly matters, with kissing! I am unfamiliar with sexual intercourse, I am unfamiliar with kissing!

"Whatever exists in the mountains, let us eat that. Whatever exists in the hills, let us eat that. In the mountains of herbs, in the mountains of cedars, in the mountains of cedars, the mountains of cypresses, whatever exists in the mountains, let us eat that.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yes, Genesis is a polemic, which would seem to put Judeo-Christian traditions in the unfortunate position of rejecting not only civilization, women, and nature, but also rejecting the entheogen use that prevents a religious tradition from stagnating into empty exoteric dogma.

Eight plant deities, eh? Are the exact plants identified precisely?

👣

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have not much to add, other than my appreciation of the thread. Such concepts should not be surprising, considering El and Yahweh of the Old Testament have a white-washed marriage to Asherah.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

They're named in the text but identifications differ and i expect the plants involved also did over time, the important point with regards to your interests is that the semen of Enki to create the eight plants was extrapolated off the thigh of the spider Goddess Uttu, who became obscure and was already on the way out even by the time of the first Sumerian Dynasties, but it is the spider motif that transforms into the winged disk over time, which thus represented inner illumination and was never the Sun per se;

One sees the sacred standard/plant/tree of Enki and Ninhursaga and Uttu was the highest point of that axis, a configuration of Canis Major, the fish-goat symbol is present as well as the florets correspondent to the mysteries bowl, this example from the Queens of Nimrod tombs.

So a spider Goddess that grew wings...

a reply to: Sahabi

Yes you're right Asherah was done away with after the Babylonian exile, she and her Asherah pole were natural associations with the cult of Ea-Enki-Yah formerly and the cult of the sacred grove just as Ninhursag was in Mesopotamia.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Hmm. 8 plants, 8 arachnid legs. Interesting.

👣

edit on 919Thursday000000America/ChicagoApr000000ThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes Ariadne's role in the mysteries, but Uttu was also the Goddess associate with Opium production, pouring jar and cups.

Anunnaki and the cultivation of Opium

The Goddess that actually cultivates the opium is Ninshubur bringer of joy to the people, first Minister to Inanna and Anu and therefore in charge of the administration of the Universe, she also officiated over the sacred marriage of Inanna and Dumuzid.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join