It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fugitive ends 40 years on the run in Kentucky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Clarence Moore now 66 was convicted of robbery in North Carolina and imprisoned in 1967 , after several attempts he managed to escape in 71 , more than 40 years later Moore has handed himself in to local authorities in Kentucky so he can get the medical care for his failing health that he couldn't get due to his lack of a genuine identity.

Police said when they arrived the man was in tears and told them "I just want to get this behind me. I want to be done.'"

A woman who lived with Moore was unaware of his background.
"She was just blown away when all this happened," the sheriff said.
Moore was taken from his home in an ambulance on Monday. He was evaluated at a local hospital and then taken to prison.
When he arrived at the prison on Monday, Moore thanked the sheriff for his kindness.
www.bbc.co.uk...

There's a bit of a disparity between the BBC and the video as regards the dates but I take the more local source in this case.

They say you can run but you can't hide , well this story shows you can hide but you can't run forever , I kinda hope they go easy on the old geezer.

edit on 23-4-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
it would have been so poetic if he went to the officer that was originally in charge of finding him.
Can you imagine?
But i agree, at this point they should just "be nice" to the old man, he probably doesn't have much of a fight left anyway

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wow, judging by his picture he looks in bad shape for being 66.

I wonder what his sentence will be, and if there is a difference in penalty whether a person has been on the run for 2 weeks or 40 years?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: frostie

Hi frostie , yeah 40 years on the run seems to aid the ageing process.
From what I've read he was given 7 years for stealing over $200 , he escaped 3 times in all with the escape in 76 being the successful one , I have a feeling that a degree of leniency may be shown given the relatively minor nature of his crime.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He said that North Carolina is going to decide what to do with him. Does that mean that they might just let him go? At any rate, if he does go to prison I imagine he'll be in the infirmary for the duration of his incarceration. I hope they won't be too hard on him.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

He said that North Carolina is going to decide what to do with him. Does that mean that they might just let him go? At any rate, if he does go to prison I imagine he'll be in the infirmary for the duration of his incarceration. I hope they won't be too hard on him.

Considering the crappy nature of medical care prisoners get, going easy on him would be letting him get medical care outside of prison! There's one prisoner now who's suing a prosecutor and the state because he was innocent and released after decades of being in prison and after he got out it was discovered he had stage 4 cancer with months to live. He's a wee bit on the ticked side, you might say.

Glen Ford

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I wonder why he didnt consider Mexico? Getting in and out is easy....if you have the cash, you get good doctors.

new topics

top topics

join