It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's to fear??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Scared.

The sensation we've all had in the pit of our stomachs, that thrill that crawls up and down our spines, when we know things are about to go bad, or that they might.

Fear.

When we allow being scared to paralyze us.

This is what stops us from doing what's necessary to stop/fix the problem.

...and we find ourselves making any number of reasons, or scapegoats, to explain it away.

As an example: When politicians ignore us, and we fear/ are too scared doing something about it? "Oh, it's fixed. The results are predetermined."

When we have no money. No prospects. No hope for either of 'em? We find someone to blame. That's fear, too. We're fearful of the future, so we find a scapegoat. Some outside element that we can fix the blame to.

Look around you...

You can see the fear everywhere.

Fear, and the blame-mongering that goes in lock step with it. Blame the bank(ers). Blame the Muslims. Blame the Jews. Blame homosexuals. Blame Congress/Parliament. Blame Barak Obama. Blame George Bush. Blame. Blame. Blame. It's always someone else's fault. Things suck, but someone else is to blame. It's not going to change because it's their fault.

Never me. Never you.

We're the ones being victimized. Us. Us. Us.

Blame the cops. Blame the schools. Blame someone/anyone else.

Fear. It always seems to come back to fear. Fear of failure. Fear of consequences. Fear of work. Fear of something. You're scared for the future? Gee... Welcome to the club. Always room for one more.

It's OK to be scared. It's a survival instinct that's right far more often than not...

But it's not OK to let it turn to fear. Fear paralyzes. Keeps us from doing. Being fearful leads to an easier path. Hate. Hating that thing that fear tells you is at fault, or what someone can tell your fear is at fault. Fear turn off the brain, and allows you to be manipulated to ends that you might not ordinarily seek.

It's the fault of whomever. It's the fault of that group over there. You must fear them. You must hate them. You must fight them.

You. Must. Kill. Them.

Do not think for a moment that this hasn't happened. History tells us otherwise.

Do not think for a moment that this isn't happening right now, as you read this. Take a look around you... Hello? ...and if we, and I include myself, don't get over our fear? It's never going to stop, until there's nothing left but the silence of the grave.

The hate. The killing. In never ending cycles because we can't/won't look past our fears. Seemingly the only way it'll ever the stop is when the final grave is filled, and humanity is gone the way of the dinosaurs. All because of fear.

Fear. That's the real enemy here. Not the cops. Not Jews. Not Muslims. Not anyone else. They're only scapegoats. Or, at worst, symptoms of the illness.

Fear. Utilized as a tool. Used by unscrupulous to steer the ignorant where they want it. Conquer the fear? ...and they've lost their best weapon. Fear. Once we conquer fear? No problem is insurmountable. No problem can't be solved. Fearlessness won't make the problem any less in all likelihood, but at least we'll be able to work at it.

Our one true enemy is fear. That's within. Not without.

Scared? You betcha. Wouldn't be human if we weren't occasionally scared. Fearful? Workin' on that. How about you?

This is about realizing that when that fear is faced, things will seldom be quite as bad as we're told it is. Oh, it may be bad, but it won't be the end of the world. Another symptom of fear is hysteria.

We've all seen it. Oh, there's a military exercise going on, it must be a precursor to martial law... Oh, we're doomed. Yet when you take the time to actually look at it, not so much.

Fear of the unknown. Fear of the other. Fear. Fear.

WE. MUST. FEAR.

Why? Because some demagogue on TV, or youtube tells us we must?? Really? Are we actually so weak-minded as that?

The next time someone comes along mongering the fear, ask yourself why? Then look at the reasoning behind the mongering... I think you'll discover there's an agenda behind it.

Look. Learn. Discard the ignorance. ...and surprise, surprise the fear has no base in which to take root.

Think about it. Please.

Thanks for putting of with yet another stream of consciousness thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
People enjoy fear. It gives their lives something that makes dull lives seem more exciting. Maybe you'll get caught up in a terrorist act or gang violence? Maybe you'll catch Ebola. MaybeMarshall law will sweep the land. Maybe a "gay agenda" will turn your kids into gays or maybe your life will be an uneventful, dull cycle of watching TV, marrying someone who will settle for you. Have a couple of whiny kids and live out your life in a boring routine. People crave fear that's why we have 24 hr news pumping out fear all day to satisfy this craving

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I only fear three things in life...a health crisis for me or my family, taxes and that I won't live a life pleasing to my God. All that other stuff you talk about is BS.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Needs to be said.. FEAR is arbitrary.. means something to an individual..that said.. I fear a lot! But it has meaning ..

Like I'm posting after 5:10am new York time...

I don't fear military exercises... I'm older wiser.. however kids pull triggers faster! Thanks Atari! MS/Sega/Sony... but I look to YouTube for some real life comedy! It's there

I'm scared a lot!

But! If I take a breath. It's all there.. just stop and look around. Smell it.. touch it.. take it out for sea food and puppies! Just smile

Poker faces on.. never let them call your bluff..
If they call it... drown them in baby animals!

EVERY HUMAN HAS A HEART!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Caution is intelligent in many situations and often proceeds fear

Listen to that person preaching hatred ... be cautious ... examine reasons as to why they are preaching what they do.
What is their motive and who gains and loses by their words of hatred

Fear mostly comes from believing that which is not true

Fear is often used as a means of control
The ironic thing is ... Those who seek to instil fear in others are often the ones who hold the greatest fear/s

Intelligent reasoning is the counter to baseless fear
The only way to dispel fear is face it

Great topic

edit on 23-4-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
BRILLIANT post & synopsis, seagull!! What a veritable breath of fresh air around here, and on a subject I hold dear!

If I may add, FEAR is also False Evidence Appearing Real.

Fear is the BS - Belief Systems that are given to us via our Programming/Programmes that Tell Lies To Our Vision (Television).

The world runs on a whole lot of BS - Belief Systems. Almost every one one of them is created so that few will profit and most others will FEAR.

However if you remember that Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real, you are ahead of the game. You cannot change the game BY fearing, and inherently you know this - in leaving Fear behind, you take back your power, and (hopefully) place your Energy somewhere more deserving.

originally posted by: Bigburgh
I'm scared a lot!

But! If I take a breath. It's all there.. just stop and look around. Smell it.. touch it..

So very true!! The hilarity is that IT never went anywhere, it was there the whole time.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Something else I consider sometimes, is that perhaps the culture of FEAR, is, via the global consciousness, creating the very outcomes we experience.

Which is a GREAT thing if true; because it means that we have more collective power than we ever suspected, and we can change our results by simply changing our minds, and refusing to let FEAR take hold on any front.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Would I kid you?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Fear, is humans most superior survival instinct.

Without it we lose the ability to thrive & survive in life. It's the difference between an elite soldier and some crazy suicide bomber. The difference between a good family man and some hardcore criminal with a death wish.

Without any fear, you are psychopathic and probably not long for this world. Anyone who says there whole existence isn't constantly motivated by fear, is just lying to themselves or others.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The threats are real. The fear isn't. The two shouldn't be confused or grouped together like you have done in this OP.

You seem to be advocating a numbed capitulated state of mind. That's is most certainly not going to end well.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Would I kid you?

Great. So you are a corporate mercenary who can dehumanize and kill anyone you are ordered to.
Do you suppose this is something to be admired or respected?

Authoritarians are a cancer on a free society. Mercenaries are herpes.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

And now we know what you are afraid of ...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The next time someone comes along mongering the fear, ask yourself why? Then look at the reasoning behind the mongering... I think you'll discover there's an agenda behind it.

How about the fear mongering from our own government? What better way to control the masses then by fear?

Maybe, just maybe, some people grew tired of that.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Fear, is humans most superior survival instinct.

Without it we lose the ability to thrive & survive in life. It's the difference between an elite soldier and some crazy suicide bomber. The difference between a good family man and some hardcore criminal with a death wish.

Without any fear, you are psychopathic and probably not long for this world. Anyone who says there whole existence isn't constantly motivated by fear, is just lying to themselves or others.

Fear is paralyzing and suffocating for a great many people. I would not call this an empowering basis for survival, nor thriving.

Once you have walked through your worst fear - there is a freedom that lies beyond, which gives a peace of mind that nothing else can touch.

Perhaps some people can only be motivated by fear...which does explain a lot in our world.

The choice, as always, is up to the individual.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom

So what your basically trying to claim is, all your deepest personal desires have all been fulfilled and your only reason to still exist, is though an infinite pure euphoria, devoid of all fear?

Well, I don't believe you! The fact that you would even claim something like this, indicates to me that your actually more overwhelmed with a deep fear than most.

But please, prove me wrong. I would be entirely thankful, if you could prove me wrong.

I know you can't though. Everyone's entire existence is bound to fear, imo.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Riots in Baltimore...

Some are people who have, they feel, legitimate complaints against problems with the police, and feel they have no other avenue of expressing those concerns.

That's being scared.

The riots are the result of fear. Lashing out at their neighbors in that fear, and the flipside of that coin, anger.

If ever you needed an example of fear this is it.

top topics

join